Fan Fiction ❯ The Tale of the Dragon Master ❯ Prologue{Reuniting} ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Prologue
 
The Dragon Mistress came upon her king and kneeled. She told him of her accomplishments with the Dragon King and his court. As proof she showed him the Sword of Dracconis. The sword was a sign of the dragons' pure trust in her. She had finally become an ally of the Dragon King. She could not help but to be proud of all of the things she had accomplished. It seemed she could do the impossible. Both Kings, human and dragon, had deemed her worthy of their trust and care. She may have finally accomplished peace within these two very different nations. This was good seeing that they must share the same land.
This woman had not always been the proud lady that has been set before you. She is known as Alyx, the Dragon Mistress. She came from a very strange ancestry. Her mother was a shape shifting Elvin queen and her father was a shape shifting Dragon lord. Alyx had never known her parents until one night not long ago. It was a stormy night on her thirteenth birthday, and she was now old enough to put on the marriage "market."
A sudden crack of lightening flashed. She was serving a strange man at the inn that her foster parents owned called The Stormy Night Tavern and Inn. It was a very large inn that was true to its name, for they had the most guests on stormy nights, which was often. It was the only home Alyx had ever known. She was in a dark room with few candles to light up the massive front room which served as a tavern and dining room. The only other light source came from the fire on the hearth, which was on the left side of the room when you walked into the tavern. The bar was directly in front of you, with approximately forty paces in between filled with small round tables and armless backed chairs. The wall opposite of the hearth had rectangular tables, with one short end of the table pushed against the wall. Above these tables there was a second story which held the rooms. The stair case was on the wall with the door. Beyond the wall with the bar was the kitchen and beyond that were the family's living quarters.
When the man finally looked up at her she gasped, not knowing why, but the man looked so very familiar. He seemed to be in his thirties, but his eyes made him seem as though he had lived for centuries. When the man finally spoke he said, “It is good to see you my daughter. How long it has been. I haven't seen you since you were this big." When he said this he held his hand not two feet from the floor. At this point Alyx fainted.
When she finally arouse she was no longer at the Inn. She was in the forest. Finally the man that she had met at the Inn came from the trees. He said, "Alyx, my daughter, I am Draco, a great Dragon lord. I have come to teach you to fight. A war is brewing between your people, the Humans, and my people, the Dragons. Your mother's people, the Elves, will do nothing to stop it. It will not come for many years so you must prepare for it now."
Alyx took a few minutes to absorb all of this information. Then she cautiously asked, "Why must I prepare?" Then she added sarcastically, "I being a mere woman will be left to tend house never to pick up a weapon."
Draco laughed and thought, 'That sounds like a daughter of mine.' Then out loud he said, "You will be the only link between the two peoples. You will prevent the war and hopefully the loss of many lives. Do you understand what I am saying?" At her nod he continued, "Do you have any questions? You must be some what confused of your origins or something. This is a lot to be taken in on one night."
Alyx shook her head and said, "I have always suspected that I was different from everyone else, I had never known how much though. You said you are a Dragon, so you must be a shape shifter. That means that, with practice, I will be able to change my shape also, correct?" At her father's nod she continued, "Elves choose the one with the strongest magic in their communities to be their leaders, so that mean that I could also have strong magic. Am I correct in my assumptions Father?"
Draco laughed again and cheerfully said, "Yes completely. It is amazing how educated you are for having grown up in a tavern. Those two were a fine choice to have had raise you."
Thus began the training and fabulous journey of one strong maiden. Her path was lengthy and treacherous so we will skip forward a few years. To be precise we will jump two years into the future. Alyx has finished her training with her father and has begun her journey. The first place she headed to was Elderin Forest, the home of her mother, Leighla. While there she was given more training. She was taught how to use her magical abilities. This had taken two more years. She returns to her childhood home once more. It has been exactly five years. Alyx has now turned eighteen.