Fan Fiction ❯ The Tale of the Dragon Master ❯ Chapter Three {An Unwanted Surprise} ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Three
Alyx walked from the village where she had stayed the previous night. With a sigh she walked into the palace. Hopefully she wouldn't have to wait too long to see Drake again. She had so much to tell him, but how to tell him she had no idea. How did one tell a King all that she had discovered? Did she just walk into his study and say 'Oh Drake, I spoke to the Dragon King. He said he was willing to talk peace. By the way, it turns out that I'm the heir to the Dragon Kingdom, or at least that is what my Uncle says. Oh! One more thing I stopped by to see my Mother. She wants me to take up after her, you know, learn to become the Queen of the Elves of Elderin Forest.'
Now wasn't the time for thought though, because just as she shook those thoughts from her head, Drake came riding by on his horse. After he say her he stopped and turned and smiled and said excited yet cautiously, "Alyx? Is that you?"
Alyx looked up with a smile then remembered her manners. She made a steep bow and kneeled, then said, "My liege, it is I, Sir Lady Alyx Dragonheart, your unworthy servant." Then she looked up with a smile, showing that she was being sarcastic.
Drake then laughed and jumped from his horse. He threw the reins to his groom and started to walk after gesturing for the groom to take the horse home. Then he said, "Come Alyx lets go for a walk and speak of what you have learned."
As they walked, Alyx told Drake of what her uncle had said, and all other things she had accomplished to get the stubborn kings attention. Then she showed him the Sword of Dracconis, and explained what it meant. When she told him he laughed and said, "Well Alyx, it looks as if no man in your presence can resist your beauty, wit, and charm." Then he laughed again. After Alyx gave him a weird look he said, "What? Don't you believe me? After you left many men were sad to see you leave. You brought a light to this castle, a light that hasn't been here in a long time." As he spoke, Drake had grown more and more serious, his tone seem to imply impending doom. He stopped and turned to Alyx when they were in a secluded area of the woods and asked, "Alyx, what if I asked you to marry me? Not saying that I am, I'm just curious as to what your answer would be."
Alyx looked at him with tears in her eyes; she had yet to tell him about her mother's and uncle's proposals. This was too overwhelming, not less than eight years ago, she had no higher hopes or dreams than to marry the Baron and be the Baroness, and that was just a dream. Now, she would likely be proposed to by the King, and would then be asked to be the queen of three different nations. Then she came up with a reply for Drake, she said, "Well, Drake, what would everyone think, you marrying a peasant? I was raised for the first thirteen years of my life by peasants, and that makes me one too, correct? And that makes me more than half peasant, since the majority of my one and twenty years were spent with peasant."
At her response Drake seem sadden yet still said, "Yet were you not born from royalty? It is only the Lords who would care, since so many seem to want me to marry their daughters."
Alyx then said in a near whisper, "Then why do you not marry one of them. That would make your Lords happy, and you would not need to worry about your people not having an heir to the throne."
He looked at her with a shocked expression, "Alyx, if I wanted a mindless, harlot for a wife, I would marry a Lords daughter. Those aren't the women for me. Ever since I was young, I knew the type of woman I wanted for my wife. She would be independent, strong, loving, devoted, and beautiful." He took Alyx's chin in his palm and raised her face towards his. "The only woman I have found that fits the description I gave my heart to. To bad she is so independent." He slowly brings his lips to Alyx's and gently and lovingly kisses her. "You are the only woman that will ever do for me, and the people agree."
Alyx sat there, her heart racing, looking into Drake's eyes. She then decided she would have to break the heart of the man she loved.