Fan Fiction ❯ The Urobolus Ring ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
THE UROBOLUS RING

--

I remember smiling as the smell of the anti-type's burning flesh filled my nose. There she was…lifeless on the ground at the Contact's feet…it was brilliant. I was quickly growing tired of the lack of respect she was giving me, the other half of her soul…the only other thing that should have any importance in her life. But no…she chose to dance around this planet with the lowly human from the Eldridge. "The Contact," as the Gazel Ministry lovingly dubbed him. The boy named Abel…

Cain quickly ended her impudence and rebellious ways by striking her down with a lightning bolt. She should have never defied us. For a moment, as I stared at her bubbling skin, I thought I had made a terrible mistake. Her last words struck pain into my heart…the pain of regret…

"Abel…Live!"

But then, I quickly realized she really meant nothing to this world. She was only a product of the Contact. And then I walked away with no remorse. For she was only the anti-type…

But little did I know, I would be cursed with her presence forever…

My death came quick that year. I was horrified at the thought. I had made it so that my children would live forever, and rule the world that we had intended it to be. But I was dying…and I didn't know what to do…

The first time I migrated to a new host, I was confused. I felt ill for days…memories of my life as if I was still alive…memories I had never seen before of another life that wasn't mine…I didn't know what to think. But as my sanity returned to me, so did my intelligence, and I knew what happened. I was superior to all these creatures that I created…even my own children. I am part of Kadamony, and I am able to live forever. Cain told me the fact that I was still alive is called "the Miang Factor." And I was to be called "Miang."

Years past since my first migration, and I felt the presence of another Urobolus Ring. It made no sense to me, as since the anti-type was dead. I decided to track down this trace of the Urobolus Ring, and to find a meaning behind it's resurfacing.

I met a young girl, about the age of 17, who just had a small child of 3 months. At first I suspected the girl to contain the Ring…but I looked at the child…and she was no normal child. While standing in front of her, her lie reflected my lie…neither of us were the products of Kadamony. Her eyes where the same deep blue as mine, and her hair burned wild like fire. "The anti-type…"

"Excuse me?…" the girl mumbled.

I smiled; slightly out of joy, and slightly out of anger. "Your child is beautiful. And her name…is it Elehaym?"

The human girl was astonished. "Why…yes!"

"Of course it is…" I muttered. I glanced back at the child, who seemed to know nothing of who I was or even who she was…and I said, "we will meet with destiny in 10,000 years, and I will choose you to become my host, and we will become the True Mother…"

I turned away from the little family, and never looked back. I could never figure out if the Miang Factor's presence in the anti-type was destiny or a curse. But, deep down inside…to remake God's world, I truly needed her after all.