Fan Fiction ❯ The way things are.. ❯ The way things are... ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I own nothing but the content of the actual story.
I know people always wondered what was up between Wesley and Illyria, so this is just a little effort to try to explain the relationship between Wesley and the body stealing goddess.

The Way Things Are…

Wesley watched Illyria out of the corner of his eyes as he checked over firm reports. She hadn't moved for near an hour now. Not that he cared - not that he could. He hadn't said anything. Didn't really see any need to.
“They won't move.” A cold stubborn whisper breached the silence. Wesley slowly put the reports down and straightened to look at her.
“They.” He repeated -not really caring - eyes unblinking, untelling of the pain they held.
“They.” The blue goddess gestured towards the framed photographs on the center table.
“They are not meant to.” He told her as a parent would tell a child. Yet, she wasn't a child, was she? Wesley Whyndam-Pryce had pondered that upon occasion.
“The ones in the box do.” The once-upon-a-time god insisted, sticking out her lip and pouting - she'd deny doing it if he told her, Wesley considered. Wesley glanced over at the `box' Illyria was referring to. The television set, of course…
“Thing's are not always as they are meant to be.” He stated. It was obvious she didn't understand the hidden meaning behind his words because she began to poke the photographs, frustratedly commanding them to move.
The once watcher ignored her. He was pondering his statement. Angel was meant to atone - not buy hockey teams in an effort to `get' the winning team. Gunn was meant to be his friend - not Fred's murderer. He was meant to be sweet-talking Fred - not explaining the world to the thing that had killed her. He and his friends were meant to be fighting the evil in the world - not bringing in millions for it by running its law firm. Fred was meant to be here - Illyria was not…
Yet everything was…but not as it was meant to be…
Face blank once more, Wesley Wyndam-Pryce, ex-watcher, head of the research department, turned the television set so that his blue haired charge would stop breaking photograph frames and picked the firm reports up again.

Oh - just for fun - try pushing that little button on the drop box that reads, “submit review”. Be sure to tell me what happens when you do.
SS4EVA