Fan Fiction ❯ This Is The Price You Pay. ❯ This Is The Price You Pay ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Golden Sun or Camelot. So there.

That's the price you pay.

"Felix, Issac. As much as I don't want to do this, I must find the both of you guilty, of murder in the first degree." The mayor of Vale boomed. Issac hung his head, as a small tear trickled down his face. Felix remained emotionless. He never wanted any of this to happen. All he wanted was to protect his sister. Then this happened.

It all started ten years ago, Issac, Garet and Jenna were seven years old, Felix was eight. Being older, Felix always found it necessary to be the guardian of his younger sister. Anyway. One day, on their way to Kraden's hut for lessons, Jenna realized she forgot her lunch. Issac, without hesitating, gave his to her. She was delighted.

After class, Jenna pulled Issac to the side, behind Kraden's hut. She gave him a quick kiss on the cheek for the lunch. She whispered to him not to tell anyone. But someone already knew. Felix stood watching in the bushes. After Jenna was well out of sight, Felix tapped Issac on the shoulder. When he turned around, Felix punched the poor kid in the eye. He fell to the floor holding his eye. `Don't come near my sister, again, Issac. Or there will be hell to pay. Hear me? Hell.' And he stormed off.

Well, ten years later, Felix still had the same Guardian fell. He protected his sister with the ferocity of a pack of wolves. Well, one day, his whole world would change. He was walking the streets of Vale, trying to find Ivan. When he over heard Issac's voice in a near-by ally. He looked in to see Issac kneeling in front of Jenna, proposing to her. Proposing? No! He can't do this! Felix would die before he let that happen. He had to stop it somehow. But not in the middle of the day, no. He had to do it tonight. Issac must die. Tonight.

Well, just his luck that the ceremony was that evening. Felix would have to kill his own brother-in-law just to protect his sister. He couldn't do it, yet he had to. So, that night, he resolved to put a swift and, he hoped, painless end to it. He would wait for them to go to sleep, and then he would sneak in and stab the little bastard with his sword. It was the only way.

So, Felix snuck up to the window and peered in, waiting for them to sleep. It was around nine thirty three then. What he saw would snap his refrain. In the shadow, he could see the figure of a man.........no, a boy. He was but a boy, like Felix. The shadow of a boy on top of another. He could hear screaming. A girl's screams. No!!! This can't be happening!!! He couldn't sit around and watch this! Felix picked up his blade and charged for the front door. Issac heard the crash in enough time to raise Masamune in defense. Felix held his blade perfectly vertical, while Issac's was perfectly horizontal. The stood there, locked.

`Why are you doing this?' Issac groaned. `I told you that I would kill you if you ever came near my sister again!!!!!' Felix responded, pushing Issac harder. Issac pushed back. `As I recall, your words were `there will be hell to pay.' ` Issac replied, trying to stay in control of his sword. Jenna looked on with horror, as the man she loved and her own brother fought like a couple of angry mutts. `I DON'T CARE WHAT I SAID!!! I'M GOING TO KILL YOU FOR WHAT YOU DID!!!' Felix hollered into the night. No one stirred. It was almost like they were the only three people on Weyard. Felix trying to kill Issac, Issac trying to protect himself, and Jenna in a state of absolute horror. Finally, she took it upon herself to stop this insanity. She stood up, wrapped the sheet around her and stood beside the two men. `Stop this, Felix! You two Issac!' She snapped.

`I can't stop, Jenna, if I do, I'm dead. This lunatic isn't stopping!' Issac groaned. In the blink of an eye, Felix shifted his grip, which shifted the sword's lock on Issac's. The Sol Blade pulled Masamune to Felix's right. The longer Masamune slid, and ended in Jenna's chest. It pierced her heart and she was dead instantly. Issac was confounded. Felix was no better. `Oh my god.' Issac mumbled at the sight of Jenna's dead body. Felix moved his mouth, but couldn't say anything. In his devotion to protect her, all he did was kill her. `What have we done?' Issac continued. `What do you mean `we', Issac. What have I done? All I wanted was to protect her. Now this?' He collapsed on his knees and began crying. Issac only crouched beside the long-dead body of his beloved Jenna, holding her head. It was there fault she was dead. There fault. There's and no one else's.

Felix and Issac sat in the cold, dark cell that had been made on a limb. They were both scheduled to be executed at half-past noon. Despite Garet's, Ivan's, Sheba's, Mia's and even Piers' pleas, the mayor could not lighten the sentence. The five remaining friends Issac and Felix still had came to visit them on there last day. No one could offer any solace, not even Garet, who always seemed to have a joke ready for any situation.

At twelve twenty five, a man clad all in black approached the cell. Felix looked at Issac, and Issac looked at Felix. Both men stood and approached each other. `I'm sorry, Issac.' Felix mumbled. `I am too.' Issac responded. They hugged for a brief minute, before the executioner motioned them out. Both men were crying now. They could see the gallows ahead. It was fast, they had heard. The gallows. They wouldn't suffer long. More then they already have. Before the Executioner put the veil over Issac's head, he whispered his last request. As did Felix. They had the same request.

By twelve oh one, they were both dead. By twelve ten, two new graves were erected next to Jenna's and Alex's. On both the boy's headstones read the same words:

"Foes make friends,

Friends make foes,

Amends made too late,

At a price too great."

The speaking of the Muses.

Felix: (Aghast.) I can't think of anything funny to say.

Issac: Me either.

Mia: Oh my god, that was so dark.

Jenna: God, that was horrible.

Alex: I can't even make this funny.

Kraden: And the sad thing is, that lunch event actually happened.

Piers: Ph34r t3h 4gn57y ficti0n.

Sheba: Piers, how could you use leet speak at a time like this? You're sick, Piers.

Menardi That's so.........SAD! (Begins crying.)

Saturos: It was okay.

Agatio: I am stupefied as to what has just happened.

Karst: Yea, I'm with Agatio.

Xenolord: Well, Muses, that's enough. As for all you readers out there, tell me what you think!