Fan Fiction ❯ Unscripted ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
BOOM! CRACK!
Inside her cozy bed on the second floor of her cabin on the Nuese River, Lou Ann Moyer sat upright with a start as lightning struck a nearby tree just outside her window. Lou Ann or Ann as most of her friends and family liked to call her, had been tossing and turning for most of the night.
Breathing heavily, she looks at the clock on her bedside table; blinking several times to let her eyes slowly adjust to the sudden change of lighting.
Two a.m. read the digital display. “GRR" growled Ann clenching her fists and punching the mattress beside her legs.
For the past few nights she had not been able to sleep very much and all she wanted was to get more than just a few minutes of sleep. Fifteen minutes here, twenty minutes there. Ever since the hurricane had hit, she had not been able to sleep very well.
“CRACK, BOOM!” Another bolt of lightning strikes followed by deep roaring thunder.
Scratching her head, she pulls her auburn hair out of her face and starts towards the upstairs bathroom. Feeling around on the wall just outside her bedroom door, she flicks the light switch to turn on the hall light.
Nothing happened. She flicks it a few more times, as annoyance starts to grow inside her, but still nothing happens. Glancing behind her at the clock across the room, she notices that it was no longer on.
"Just great” Lou Ann mutters to herself.
Realizing that she had to resort to walking down the pitch black hallway, she begins walking towards the bathroom, feeling her way as she goes along.
Padding down the dark hallway she finally reaches her destination, the bathroom door. Stepping inside, she fumbles around on the sink counter until she finds what she is looking for, the candles that she kept there just for instances such as this and also for bubble baths.
As she lights the candles she can still hear the storm raging outside of her home. Crack! Another bolt of lightning hits nearby which not only startles and makes her jump, but rattles the panes of glass on the window that is on the wall just opposite of the door.
Walking over to the window, Ann gazes out at the dreadful night before her, sighing she leans forward. As she leans forward she places her forehead against the glass so she can feel the coolness of the window panes.
“Will this rain ever stop?” Ann says starting out in a low growl but ending in a scream.
Reaching down and over to her left she lifts her toilet seat lid, feeling the fuzziness of her light pink seat cover. Grabbing the waistline of her blue and white heart pajama bottoms, she pulls them to her knees while sitting down on the toilet. As she starts to urinate into the toilet, she reaches down and scratches an itch she has on her ankle.

As the warm liquid flows out of her she sighs and starts to hum some nameless tune softly. After she is done peeing she is grateful for the relief of her bladder. Grabbing some toilet paper off the roll to her left, Ann wipes herself and then drops the small wad of toilet paper into the water as she stands and pulls up her pajama bottoms.

Suddenly as she is flushing the toilet, a dark creature jumps out at her from the floor. "AHHHH" LuAnn screams. Only after screaming and getting the crap scared out of her, does she realize that it was only her dog Charlie. Charlie, LouAnn’s pet German shepherd, one day just showed up on her front porch and never left, and soon became LuAnn’s best friend.

“Oh Charlie, you scared me, is this nasty storm scaring you?" Charlie wines as if to confirm what she said. “Don’t worry, you can sleep in my room for awhile.” Kneeling down, Ann starts rubbing Charlie's head and neck which causes her to not see the car lights pulling into her drive way.

After petting her dog she stands up and washes her hands, then reaches over and grabs the candles and starts downstairs towards the kitchen.