Fan Fiction ❯ Unwanted ❯ Unwanted ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Title: Unwanted
Author: Shadow Angel
Rating: PG
E-mail: icebubbledancer@hotmail.com

Disclaimers: I don't own the song Unwanted by Avril Lavigne, I'm just using it for a story that came to mind while listening to her song.

Author Notes: Ok, this is another story that I just had to sit down and right. As always please read and review. I hope you like this story, but be warned that it was written within about two days and only has been gone over about once for changes.
************************************************************** *******************************************

All I did was walk over
Start off by shaking your hand
That's how it went
I had a smile on my face and I sat up straight


I entered the room and saw him. He was just sitting there, an empty desk next to him. He was my friend, Calvin. Ok, so he was more then just a friend to me, even though I, Alicia Landsbury, would never admit that to anyone, including myself. The butterflies in my stomach grew. I had spoken to him a million times and yet this still happened. Why did this happen? I didn't understand.
"Hi Calvin," I said surprisingly calm. I sat down next to him, sitting up straight and smiling.
"Hey," he replied nodding to me. He was the typical guy, nodding as a way of greeting. I couldn't care less. There was something in his eyes that just made everything seem good, so right.
That's how it was, we were friends and yet we never really talked that much. I tried, but that's how it went, and frankly, I kind of liked it that way.

Oh yeah yeah
I wanted to know you I wanted to show you


I collapsed in my bed wanting nothing more then to fall asleep. It had been a long day. School had been too much. Homework, homework, and more homework had been assigned and I knew I should get started, but I didn't want to so I rolled over and grabbed the phone praying for a long, distracting conversation with him. Dialing his number I knew so well was easy. Why I wasn't calling one of my other friends was a mystery but I couldn't care less. I just had to hear his voice.
"Hello?" his voice answered, it rang in my ear, like a melody of some long forgotten song.
"Hi, Calvin?" I replied, "what's up?"
"Hey, not much," his response sounded dull, bored.

You don't know me
Don't ignore me
You don't want me there
You just shut me out
You don't know me
Don't ignore me
If you had your way you'd
Just shut me up
Make me go away


"So, um, I wanted to talk to you," I was nervous. His silence told me to go on through, "my brother was talking about going to a movie and I was thinking, if you weren't busy, maybe you would like to come?"
"Well, when is it?" his question didn't convince me he wanted to come, like he was possibly stalling to think of an excuse not to go.
"Probably on Friday," the feeling in my stomach wasn't helping me to stay calm.
"You mean this Friday?"
"Umm… yeah."
"Oh, I'm going out of town," he sounded slightly disappointed.
"Oh, ok, so maybe another time," I stated simply.
"Maybe, hey, I gotta go, I've got a lot of homework."
"Yeah, same, just didn't want to start on it."
"Yeah, talk to you later," the sound of his voice gave off the slightest hint of hope.
"Later," I giggled into the phone. Turning back towards my bag I took out my books and started on the dreaded assignments waiting to be done.

I'm so unwanted

I logged onto the instant messenger on my computer and glanced to see who was on. Hmm, my friend Cara and my other friend Calvin. I clicked on both names and started typing. Cara responded quickly saying she was busy reading, but thanked me for the message. Calvin, on the other hand, took his usual five minutes responding. We laughed for a few minutes sending each other different emoticons, then he said he had to go and I stared at the silent computer screen for a few minutes before logging out. There are times when I feel so unwanted, and now, oddly enough, was one of them.

No, I just don't understand why you won't talk to me
If hurts, I'm so unwanted for nothing
Don't talk words against me


The next few days went by. I had gone to a movie with my brother and a couple of friends. It was nice to get away. Wanting to talk to Calvin I called him a few times, but each time he wasn't home. I couldn't explain it. I didn't understand why he wouldn't call back. It hurt, but I was getting frustrated and didn't care anymore. I went to call my friend, Lana, hoping that she could help.
"Hello," the voice was that of her sister.
"Hi, may I please speak to Lana?"
"Sure, may I ask who's calling?"
"Yeah, it's Alicia."
"Ok, hold on a minute," I could hear her yell for Lana to pick up the phone and within a few minutes she had done so.
"Hello," came her voice.
"Hey," I said in my usually cheerful tone.
"Hey," she said again somewhat sad.
"What is it? You sound depressed," I asked slightly worried. There was silence for a few minutes.
"….Well, it's something that I think you need to hear, but I don't think you want to know."
"What are you talking about?"
"I don't think you want to know."
"Just tell me." She was silent for a while, so I started to guess, "What is it? Is it about him? Does he have a girlfriend? Is he annoyed with me? What is it?"
"You don't want to know!" she paused for a moment before continuing, "Look, he's a jerk."
"What is that supposed to mean?! What did he do?"
"He.... look, he told Cameron that he was annoyed with you calling him, saying that both me and you were trying to talk to him all the time." I was stunned, I thought he was my friend.
"Why didn't he talk to me about this?" I asked.
"Because he's a jerk!" None of this made sense I felt bad. I felt like I had become what I most feared. An annoying brat of a friend that no one wants to talk to. Everything started to hurt, and my head started to spin.

I wanted to know ya I wanted to show ya

I wanted to call him up right then and yell at him about his reluctance to tell me himself how he really felt. That night I went to sleep and dreamt about ways to knock some sense into him. I awoke exhausted, frustrating, and feeling rather ill, but I was determined to go to school and face the day.

You don't know me
Don't ignore me
You don't want me there
You just shut me out
You don't know me
Don't ignore me
If you had your way you'd
Just shut me up
Make me go away
Make me go away


Arriving at school I wanted to confront him, but I couldn't. Lana had made it perfectly clear that when Cameron had told her about this he had also told her not to tell. The truth was, Lana and I were best friends and we told each other anything and everything.

I kept muttering things, my headphones blaring. Everything was so unbelievably messed up. Calvin didn't know me and yet he still tried to ignore me. He was really getting on my nerves, judging me before he knew me. I couldn't tell you what was going on in his head, for the simple reason that I didn't know myself.

My journal looked up at me. I had written so much within these past few days. Calvin still wouldn't talk to me. Sitting next to him in class became pointless. I didn't care anymore. Our seating arrangements would probably change soon. At least that's what I hoped, because I could sense our friendship falling apart, he was pushing me away, far away.

I tried to belong
It didn't seem wrong
My head aches
It's been so long
I'll write this song if that's what it takes


I continued on, trying to blend in so that people wouldn't ask me what was wrong. I figured this was better then dragging people into the hurt and pain that I felt. The pain was making my stomach hurt, my head ache. The Tylenol wasn't helping me it seems so long since I've talked to him. I feel like I've got to, but I'll let this calm down, if that's what it takes.

You don't know me
Don't ignore me
You don't want me there
You just shut me out
You don't know me
Don't ignore me
If you had your way you'd
Just shut me up
Make me go away


Finally I walked into the empty mixing area and sat down. Calvin was at his locker. He turned around and his deep brown eyes looked at mine. It felt as though he were trying to stare straight through me. I stared back thinking 'you don't know me, stop pretending you do.'

You don't know me
Don't ignore me
You don't want me there
You just shut me out
You don't know me
Don't ignore me
If you had your way you'd
Just shut me up
Make me go away


He started to walk away and I decided on an impulse to call him over.
"Calvin," the name escaped my voice before I could stop myself. He turned around.
"Yeah?" came his reply. It stung.
"I need to talk to you," I paused until he came back over, "I don't know what is going on, but you've been acting really cold lately and I was wondering why. Maybe it has nothing to do me, but it used to be whenever I said hi you would actually acknowledge me, now you stare straight through me as though I don't exist. I guess I'm just curious, because I thought we were friends." I looked at him, waiting for a response, trying to read what was going on. The whole time thinking, wondering.

Make me go away
Make me go away

************************************************************** *******************************************
So there it is, I hope you've enjoyed this little story. Reviews are always appreciated. Or you can send any comments to icebubbledancer@hotmail.com

-Angel