Fan Fiction ❯ When She Loves Me... ❯ When She Loves Me... ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

***************************************************************** *******
When She Loves Me…
***************************************************************** *******
 
The rain poured in Sunnydale, California, loud and hard.
 
“…So then we can say that…” Rolling his eyes, taking a shot of the Whiskey in his hand, Spike drowned out the voices coming from the `Scooby Gang'.
 
“Every damn week, it's another meeting. One after a `nother - s'all they ever do…” He muttered to himself. Somebody poked him in the side - the niblet…course.
 
“Yeah?”
 
“It's really pretty.” She gestured to the tattoo on his right bicep. He glanced at it, a memory rising to his mind.
 
******************************1987 New York*****************************
 
The rain pounded hard against the buildings, occasional thunder rang out through the city. Deep underground, next to the subway, in a small tattoo parlor sat a couple.
 
“You sure you wanna go through with this luv?” The man probed, looking deep into the brunette's eyes. The man's girlfriend nodded.
 
“Ohh, yes, my love,” She looked up at him, her dark eyes always seeing much more then they were meant to. “We have to…so that…that…” She looked ready to cry, her eyes pained.
 
“That what luv?” Did she know something? Had his dark princess seen something? She shook her head at him, hauntingly.
 
“So that you remember…” She whispered. “When you love her, you'll still remember that - that - that I love you…” She pulled on his arm. “Always and forever…”
 
***************************************************************** *******
 
About half an hour later, the punk rocker helped his girlfriend off of the salon chair.
 
“You alright luv, didn't hurt too much?” She smiled coyly at him then pulled his head down so that he could see her tattoo clearly. The one that matched his perfectly - a tribute to their eternal love.
 
He fingered the bloody railroad spike and then the droplets of blood spilling off of it.
 
“Effulgent…” He breathed into her ear. `She's so bloody effulgent when she loves me…”
 
“Remember,” She whispered back. “That I loved you…that I will love you even then…”
 
“I know baby.” He pulled her fingers to one of his many tattoos. It read William & Drusilla forever, adorned in a red heart. She shook her head, as if trying to explain something very important to him.
 
“No,” She stroked his face. “She'll come, but you must not forget - I love you, even if she won't, I will - now and tomorrow…” She looked at him, frustrated. It wasn't all that easy for her to talk about something for more then a few minutes at a time. He was silent, content to let the rain pound into the silence.
 
***************************************************************** *******
 
“Spikeeeeee…” He blinked. It was Dawn again. “You like, totally drifted off.” She giggled softy. Chuckling, he pulled her into his lap. His kitten fingered the spike again.
 
“The blood looks realistic and it's so…” She searched for a word.
 
“Effulgent.” He told her, smiling at something she couldn't really place. She giggled. Again.
 
“What's that mean?”
 
“Love.” He answered, taking her fingers and running them over the heart a bit below the spike.
 
“Drusilla & William Forever.” She read out loud. “You're such a romantic Spike.” She paused. “So what does effulgent really mean?” He just shook his head at her.
 
`She was…always is…effulgent - when she loved me - when she loves me…even when she knew I'd love the slayer's little sister one day…she's effulgent now - when she loves me…' He thought as the rain began to pound harder on the windows. Then he got up and dragged his nibblet to play in the rain, still thinking about the woman who would always keep on loving him.
 
***************************************************************** *******