Fan Fiction ❯ Within Soul ❯ Father ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Within Soul
By Animechicka1992
 
Disclaimer: I sadly don't own- Wait… I DO OWN THIS PLACE!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
 
A/N: Wow, I didn't expect any reviews so soon!!! So thank you: `Akira & Yuki' for the review!!!
 
Chapter One - Retrieving Miku
 
I awoke and started off on my daily routine. Today was a school day, so I had to quickly hurry if I was going to make it to school on time.
 
After I finished with hygiene and clothes, I set off down the stairs where Aunt Izumo was preparing breakfast. I quickly ate up the rice patties, and then I rushed off to make it to the metro station. I went straight into the metro and sat down. I sighed. Running all the way to the other side of town was too much.
 
I made my way off of the metro when I came to my stop, and then walked off to the front of the school and onward to my first hour. I sighed as I set my backpack on the hanger on the side of the desk and sat down. Today was going to be long and boring like every other day of school.
 
~*~
 
Ten minutes into the class. We've went over homework, and we're starting a bit of review for the upcoming quiz next week. How fun.
 
~*~
 
Twenty minutes into the class. We've finished review and I'm currently struggling to stay awake as I hold up my head with my left hand and then doodle all over my paper with my other hand. I sighed a little.
 
 
“Miss Kurosawa. Please answer number three.” The teacher called. I looked up in confusion and then looked back down on my paper. Not one thing was written on it. Not even my name.
 
I gave out a breath of annoyance as I looked at the question: `What is the meaning of the word punctual?' How was I supposed to know?! I looked around. Everyone around me had it done.
 
I looked at the girl's next to me. I looked at where number three should be. It said, `to be strict and to not put up with.' I sighed. It might be the wrong answer, but who cares?
 
“Um, not putting up with something?” I said.
 
“I'm sorry no, that's tolerance and that's number two. We went over it already. Anyone else have number three?” Replied the teacher. I sighed. Great. What else could possibly go wrong?
 
~*~
 
Thirty minutes into the class. Bored as heck because I can barely keep my eyes open.
 
Will Miku Kurosawa please report to the office, I repeat: Will Miku Kurosawa please report to the office.”
 
Great, this is just what I need. Faint `ooh' sounds could be heard from around me as everyone starred. I put my things in my backpack and then solemnly and most definitely silently walked out of the room and down the hall to the main office.
 
This is terrible. What did I do? Are my grades too low? Did something happen at home? Am I in trouble with the law because I jay-walked this morning? Well, maybe I was a little over exaggerating with that last one. But seriously. Why would I be called down to the office?
 
I sighed as I stood at the front of the door. I starred at the words `Main Office' for a few seconds before I reached down to the handle, and slowly walked in. I shut the door behind me. The secretary was at her desk. She smiled at me. It couldn't be something that bad if the secretary was smiling. Unless she was an evil witch at heart like all of the kids that usually get in trouble say. Nevertheless, I walked up to her.
 
“I'm Miku Kurosawa. I was called down?” I introduced. She smiled more and then pointed to the principal's office door that was connected.
 
“He's waiting for you in there with someone.” She said. I nodded in thanks and walked over, my heart beating fast. I hope I was ready for whatever awaited me.
 
I walked in, and then looked at the principal. He was… smiling? Were the authority persons at this school psychotic or something?!
 
“Hi there. You wouldn't happen to be... Miku Kurosawa would you?” A voice said. I looked over to see a woman standing. Her hair was a brownish red, and pulled back into braids. She wore a bit of a secretary's outfit, with a V-neck long sleeved white shirt and a knee-length plain burgundy skirt with it looked like black nylons and black high heels. She had large glasses, but seemed to be very young. She was very perky looking too.
 
“Um… ye-yes… Yeah I'm Miku. Can I help you?” I asked. I was always told to be polite to everyone, no matter how odd they may seem. The girl smiled and pushed her glasses farther up her nose.
 
“My name is Kinaru Chisaragi and I'm one of the Information Scouts at NPO. I was told to come and retrieve you. I was just speaking to your school principal authority person. He says he'll allow you to leave school without sign out.” The woman said.
 
“Um… uh oh. Okay…” I said, cautious. Then I thought about what she had said. `I'm one of the Information Scouts at NPO.' NPO?! Wait a second. That was where my father worked at, where my mom went with him. It's where my uncle works at. That's the company that was in the story of my parents' death.
 
“I'll see you later then Miku, please try to keep up with your schoolwork!” The principal said. I nodded and Miss Chisaragi came and grabbed my hand.
 
“Let's go now shall we?” She asked. I nodded and followed her. “I don't want you talking about the place until we get to the car. Its government official, and you're principal is going to have his mind erased of it and make you think that you went on medical leave anyways. That's all. Now go and claim shotgun.”
 
Miss Chisaragi unlocked her car, which might I add was pretty cool. It was more like a hover car, since when I got close enough, the wheels were cardboard, and there was an inch between the bottom of the `wheel' and the ground. Oh well. It's still pretty cool.

I sat myself down into the passenger seat and watched as Miss Chisaragi made her way to the driver's seat. She shut the doors, locked them and went off.
 
It was silent for a good five minutes. I starred out the window silently, and she kept glancing over at me as she drove.
 
“So, Miss Kurosawa. Were you ever told about your parents?” She asked. I looked over and nodded.
 
“My uncle told me about it.” I replied. She gave a `stupid me' expression.
 
“Of course, your uncle was in the business back then!! Alright, um… do you remember anything about your father in the NPO? Do you even know what NPO is?” She asked. I could tell she was trying to make the least bit of conversation to break the ice.
 
“Yeah. My dad was a colonel, and NPO is that National Protection Organization Program right?” I asked, trying to be sure.
 
“Yeah that's right. Your uncle is the new Colonel now, since he was Lieutenant Colonel before. He got moved up. No one else did though. We left it so that we were one Lieutenant Colonel short. It works out quite nicely but I think the Brigadier might be having some other plans lately.” Miss Chisaragi said. Then she went to her `stupid me' expression again. “Oh, I'm Lieutenant Chisaragi. You can just call me Kinaru and I can call you Miku, is that fair?”
 
I shrugged. “Sure, I don't care.” I replied.
 
“That reminds me, you'll be having your own little apartment at NPO. School things will be a worry of the past, and you'll be busy training and somewhat having some schooling in place of what used to be boring. We've already informed your Aunt and Uncle. Since they've chosen that they won't move in too, you'll be on your own here. It's like your own little world.” Kinaru said. Though there's one code you'll need to know in order to get to the NPO station. That code is simply your birth date. It allows you and only you around into qualified areas. We already have a DNA sample, so we're fine there. All you'll need to do is have the DNA that's left on you scanned for certification.”
 
“Wait… say again?” I asked. This was way too much for my brain to handle. All of this information was buzzing into my head and I can barely file it properly.
 
“Okay. You'll live on your own. Your code for all areas is your birth date. That would be in the number, number, slash, number, number, slash, number, number format. Okay? We have DNA samples of you already. In order for you to confirm it's you to our NPO computers, you'll just have your handprint scanned. Do you understand now?” Kinaru explained. I nodded. She smiled, and then put her car into turbo. “Hold on!”
 
We instantly went over a hill and flew above the cars, landing down onto the road and then skidding over as we turned right at the intersection. She went off, and then we were at the airport.
 
To Be Continued…