Fan Fiction ❯ World War III, The Beginning ❯ The Call to War ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

World War III, the Beginning
Chapter 1
The Call to War
By:
October 26, 2005
 
~*~ NEWS ~*~
 
Today more chaos then anyone could have ever dreamed of, the United Nations dissolves and war breaks out among once peace loving countries. The US has pledged help to those countries trying to keep peace. Now war begins again, if this world is lucky it will not become World War III and will just remain a little squabble amongst countries.
 
~*~*~*~
 
A quiet little house on Seymour Johnson Air Force Base in Goldsboro North Carolina has the TV on during their normal breakfast this particular morning to see what would be said to the American Public about this crisis.
 
"Well the public knows now." A young woman in her 20's said and sighed lightly as she looked over at her husband.
 
"Yeah, we will be going, you know that right?" her husband asked as he looked over at her, he looks even younger then she does by a couple of years.
 
"I know honey, but until that time we wait." The wife said as she stood up and walked over to the sink and began washing her plate.
 
"Now that's the hard part." Her husband said noticing his wife staring out at the base as if she was thinking about something. "What's wrong?" He asked softly as she walked up behind her and started rubbing her shoulders.
 
"Nothing just thinking about all of us leaving soon. We're almost 30 have you thought about that?" She asked curiously looking back at her husband.
 
"Yeah I know, it'll just have to wait until this is over." He said and sighed then kissed her forehead affectionately. "We'll do it, I promise." He said softly then smiled down at her.
 
"I know we will, but doesn't it seem like every time we start talking about it again something happens and we have to wait." She said and sighed lightly.
 
"That's the military honey you know that." He said and sighed while rolling his eyes. "Come on lets go before we are late." He said and turned away to leave the kitchen.
 
"Yes sir my sergeant." She said getting her straight posture then laughing a little as she followed her husband out of the room.
 
"Oh leave me alone lieutenant." He said in a joking manor while throwing the key's back at her. "You drive."
 
"Officers are supposed to be carted around by sergeants." She said then threw the key's back at him then laughed as she walked out the front door.
 
"Yap, yap, yap…" he said and rolled his eyes at her then walked out the front door and locked it.
 
~*~ LATER THAT DAY ~*~
 
"Lieutenant Marshal you and your husband are both being deployed to Germany because you are both fluent with the German language. Now of course you will not be in charge of your husband but you will be together at least." Lt. Colonel Stallard said sitting behind his desk handing they young woman her orders.
 
“Yes sir:” The young woman said standing at attention while taking the orders from her commander.
 
“Lieutenant Marshal I know this isn't what you were planning on but we need you and your husband on this. We need our best out in the field.” Lt. Colonel Stallard said as he stood up and walked across his office and closed the door. “At ease Lieutenant.”
 
“Yes sir, thank you.” Lt. Marshal said as she became more relaxed. “And no sir this is not what we were planning but it's our duty.” She said as she watched the Lt. Colonel walk back behind his desk and sit back down.
 
“Renee lets be comfortable here. Look I did my best to keep you and your husband here, but it was either keep you together or separate the two of you.” Lt. Colonel Stallard said as he leaned back in his chair and sighed lightly.
 
“I understand sir, and thank you for your efforts on this.” Renee Marshal said and nodded lightly to him.
 
“Renee it's Josh when we're being comfortable.” Lt. Colonel Josh Stallard said then smiled lightly up at her since she was still standing.
 
“I do believe it is improper considering the situation sir.” Renee said as she watched to see what his reaction would be since he had, had a crush on her while they were in school together a couple of years ago and had admitted it to her their last year believing he'd never see her again.
 
“Ah yes, because you're married.” Josh said and sighed lightly and shook his head a little. “I had almost forgotten about that.”
 
“Yes sir, but I have not and shall not. I am sorry sir. Am I free to go?” Renee said and looked out the window behind Lt. Colonel Stallard.
 
“Yes, as a matter of fact here this is your husband's orders as well.” Lt. Colonel Stallard said and stood up as Renee went to attention, took her husbands orders then saluted him.
 
~*~ After Words ~*~
 
Renee walked out of Lt. Colonel Stallards office thinking heavily about what had just happened trying to figure out if she had given off an unintentional hint that she was interested in him. She couldn't come up with anything that she could have done to give the impression of interest.
 
Renee got into her car so she could take her husbands orders to him since she was done for the day. She got across the base to where her husband was working that day. She parked her car then walked over to the commanding officer over her husband and handed him the orders for her husband to show she had no personal reasons for talking to Sergeant Marshal.
 
“Go ahead Lt. Sgt. Marshal is over there.” Major Karr said as he pointed over at an aircraft being worked on at that moment.
 
“Thank you Major, and if you can spare him we must be getting ready to leave. We leave this Friday for Germany.” Renee said and sighed lightly.
 
“Yeah sure. I'd hate to loose him, he's the best I've got. Just go ahead and take him home if you're done for the day Lt then he has leave for the rest of the time to get ready.” Major Karr said and sighed lightly.
 
“Thank you sir. I'm done with my stuff today.” Renee said then saluted her husbands boss because he was higher ranked then she is.
 
“You'll be missed and you bring him back in one peace Lt. that's an order.” Major Karr said as he saluted back to her.
 
“I will sir. Thank you.” Renee said then turned and walked towards her husband. “Sgt. Marshal once you're finished.” She said as she stopped and looked up at her husband still working like he hadn't heard her.
 
“Yes, ma'am. Be done in just a second.” Sgt. Marshal said trying to finish up as quickly as possible not realizing it was his wife speaking to him, he could just tell it was a woman speaking to him.
 
Renee watched her husband working until he was done then she smiled lightly at his greasy look about him. “Sgt. Marshal.” She said watching him get down and start over to her.
 
“Lieutenant Marshal, what can I do for you?” Her husband asked curiously, while wiping grease off his hands, it wasn't like her to come around while he was working.
 
“We've got orders.” She said holding out a folder for him to take and look at.
 
“Were are we going? I've got grease all over me?” He asked curiously looking down at the folder worried.
 
“You should like it. We're to go to Germany.” She said softly opening the folder so he could see it without holding it in his greasy hands. “We leave Friday we're to get ready now.”
 
“Short notice huh…” He said and sighed lightly then looked up into his wife's eyes.
 
“Yeah, I've already talked with your commander you're to leave so you can get ready. We're on leave for four day's to get ready. Well at least we're in a non-fighting country so far.” She said and sighed lightly.
 
“Yeah well let's go.” He said softly then started for their car so they could go home and start packing.
 
“Yeah…” She said as she followed him to their car. “Jesse, we're going to be fine.” She said softly when she caught up to him.
 
“I know.” He said and smiled over at her as he walked around the car and opened the door for her so she could drive. She got in then reached across the car and opened the passenger door so he could just sit down and close the door.
 
When they got home the first thing they did was to call their parents and inform them of their deployment to Germany then they started to pack up all their stuff so they could store it at his grand mothers place down in Jacksonville.
 
After two day's a straight packing they started to move the stuff down to Jacksonville where they were able to store everything without having to worry about it going missing unless a hurricane hit that area, but things could be replaced, so it really didn't matter.
 
On Thursday afternoon they walked their house staring at the blank walls and empty rooms to make sure they had got everything. “Well there's another rushed move that I can add to the list.” Renee said softly as she rubbed her arms a little looking around at the empty house.
 
“After this deployment is over we're done honey. We're going to make our family, our home with no more moving.” Jesse said as he walked up behind his wife and hugged her lightly.
 
“But I thought you wanted to make a career out of the Air Force.” Renee said stunned as she looked back over her shoulder at him.
 
“And I have since I was 18. I'm done. By the time this is over we'll have spent 12 years in the service of this country. It's time I spend a little more time on us and our family.” Jesse said and smiled sweetly at the wife he loved so much.
 
“All right if that's what you want honey.” Renee said softly and smiled as she cuddled back into her husbands arms a little, feeling safe and loved.