Fan Fiction ❯ X-Men: Apocalypse Rising ❯ Nightqueen and Procteaus ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The X-Mansion was always a haven for mutants. Now it has been turned into Magneto's death valley for the X-Men. They all lost to him.

"Scott, can you hear me? I can't really psychically bring up our energy, Magneto has somehow blocked me. I don't think we can win this match," thought Jean.

"Jean, I think I know a way of wining. Go, not physically, but telekinetically get my old costume from the ready room," thought Cyclops.

All the X-Men laid there paralyzed from their recent battle with Magneto. Phoenix tried her best to telekinetically bring Cyclops' old costume, but it didn't work. Was this the end for the X-Men?

"Now X-Men the moment of truth! Time for all of you to visit Lady…Aghhhh!!!!!!!!!!" yelled Magneto.

Something hit Magneto with light speed powers. Phoenix got a glimpse of it and it was…an owl?

"Magneto, I order you to release the X-Men or you will fall at my feet!" yelled a girl, who looked like a goddess of the Moon. "Ahh, fresh blood. And who might you be, young lady, because you are going to be nothing in 2 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!" yelled Magneto.

"I am Lori, and I am the mutant who you fear the most, Erik Lensher!" yelled Lori.

"Well, I don't care who the heck you are, but believe me you won't be alive much longer. Hiyyahhh!" yelled Magneto.

Magneto sent a fiery-magnetic blast at Lori. Lori repelled it with an energy beam with the help of the owl. The blast shook the entire mansion. Lori tried her best, but because she was not as experienced as Magneto, her beam had little effect on him.

"Moonlight Exodus! Magneto, get ready for the thrill of your life!!!!!!!!!!!!" yelled Lori.

Out of the blue, an exodus beam hit Magneto, and sent him hurling through the skies. He soon landed, hardly I might add, on his private ship. He left in a hurry after boarding.

"X-Men, I would like you to meet a friend of mine. Meet Lori Acacia {Ak-ia} a.k.a Nightqueen," said Lorna Dane.

"Thank you all. I'm mighty glad that you chosen me to become an X-Man. I thank you very much," said Lori.

"Why do you think this as an honor?" asked Nightcrawler.

"Well I think as it honor because I was told about it from one of your old members," said Lori.

"Who pray tell?" asked Nightcrawler.

"Kitty Pride, I think that was her name. As soon as she entered as my teacher, for some reason she knew I was a mutant. She confronted me, and she helped me control them, my powers. It was hard, because like if I was just sitting and I stretched my arms, beams shoot out. She told me to go and get help quickly. She told me to come here. I got tickets and on the plane I saw Lorna, and she said she was coming here too. So I sat next to her. When she got off, Lorna got a cab. The driver only wanted 1 mutant in the car. So I waited and waited. I finally got a cab that had a fowl smell. As I was dropped off, I saw Magnetic Bursts. I then changed into my hand-sewn costume and called for Furgi, my pet Owl. Furgi sought me out when I was with the Asana, and we have been friends ever since. The Asana were wiped out when the Sentinels came looking for mutants. I got out. Well back to the story, I saw magnetic blasts being fired. I went in and I used my Moon Aroma to hide myself, and wait for the moment to strike. And I guess I got that moment," Lori explained.

"Well Lori, I think it is time that you go into our Danger Room," said Phoenix.

"Yeah Kid, and since you are a starter, I'll be in there with ya!" said Wolverine.

"And so will I, I will be there to help you defend in case you were hit," said Cyclops.

A twinkle came in Lori's eyes.

"What a hunk. Kitty said that Cyclops and Phoenix aren't married anymore, so he is mine!" thought Lori.

Obviously, Lori was in love with Scott. As she went in, Scott pulled her aside.

"Lori, I saw that twinkle in your eyes. Now I know that I am not married to Jean, but that doesn't mean I still have feelings for her. I love her, but since your cute and sexy, how about dinner and a movie? What do you…mmmmm*" said Cyclops.

Lori kissed him and was it a kiss.

"I say yes," said Lori.

Lori's training program began with ease. She went up against the Vanisher. She used her arrows to paralyze him and then kicked him to knock him out. Then she went up against Warp Savant, the lunatic teen Proteus. It was tough at first, but Lori accessed her moon armor and used her Moon Tri-Mega Exodus. The blow destroyed Warp Savant, and the training was over.

"Good job kid. You earned yourself a spot on the X-Men. Great Job!" said Wolverine.

"Thanks!" said Lori.

"Sorry I was late, but my Medical Precautions were very slow today. So this is our new X-Woman, Lori Acacia. I am Prof. Charles Xavier. Welcome to my school for mutants. Now I was informed by Kitty that you have a very powerful mutation," explained the Professor.

`That's right, my mutation is so powerful, Warp Savant would be nothing with even my hand on him," said Lori.

"Well we need a code-name for you. How about: Ariel?" asked the Professor.

"I like it Professor, but the Asana call me Nightqueen, goddess of the night. It fits perfect since my power blasts are shaped like the crescent of a moon," said Lori.

"Then it is settled, Nightqueen please go to the ready room, and find a suit that you like best," said the Professor.

In the ready room, Lori looked at some costumes with Jean. She found 4 that might fit her look.

"So, I saw you had goo-goo eyes on Scott, my husband," said Jean.

"I am so sorry Mrs. Summers. If you are still in love with him, I'll back off. The Asana woman never steal husbands," said Lori.

"Need no fear Lori, Scott and I are past history, he doesn't love me anymore. I love Logan, and Scott knows that and we divorced," said Jean. "How about these you picked, try them on."

The first costume Lori nor Jean liked because it looked like she was a pirate. The next costume Lori like because of the threads, but Jean didn't like it because of the long cape. The next costume Jean liked, but Lori disliked so much because she looked like a hippie. The last costume both agreed on because it looked like an honoree X-Woman costume.

"Mutant detected, location, Switzerland, near Geneva, at 70 degrees W, and 90 degrees North, over, over!" yelled Cerebero.

"Professor, Hank's improvements show it as a mutant called Swatzegor, or Solar. He is battling some type of woman freeze demon named Diazole, or Milan Minot. They are going to fry every thing if we don't move now!" yelled Cyclops.

"Cyclops, Jean, Wolverine, and Nightqueen, go and find out what is going on. Good Luck," said the Prof.

At Geneva, the X-Men arrived and the whole town was in an ecological state of danger. Solar and Milan were turning the whole town of Geneva to an ecological disaster waiting to happen.

"Why can't you ever stay out of my way!" yelled Solar.

"Eat Ice, is my answer, Sam!!!" replied Milan.

As the 2 battled, Cyclops landed the Blackbird in a near by bush. Phoenix was the 1st to get out. She started to move into a position to attack, with Wolverine behind her at all times.

"Oh my god! Sam, is it you? I thought you were dead," yelled Lori.

"Shut yer trap kid, you are gonna get us all killed. My pal, Warbird, has been up against this guy. She won but only because she threw him in a lake. He can burn ya to a crisp!" explained Wolverine.

"If he is that dangerous, then I will have to wait," said Phoenix.

"No you attack now! You have the chance, so take it!" yelled Wolverine.

"Logan, I'll try, but this may make it even worse! Phoenix arise from the ashes!" yelled Phoenix.

As soon as Phoenix said the words, a phoenix came out from the ground and attacked Milan and Solar.

"What was that? It wasn't any of us. Ah ha! There Sam, those people did it!!" yelled Milan.

"Well Jade, I say lets attack them and then we can destroy this entire city! And the world will soon fear the names: Milan and Solar! Solar Energy Balls!" yelled Solar.

"Cyclops it is my turn. Let me show them a thing or two!" said Nightqueen.

"Lori, please do not do it! You are a rookie! You will get yourself killed!" yelled Cyclops.

"Don't worry! Solar, Milan, what the heck are you doing? We never tried to destroy anything! You both, me, and Grassia would never do this!" yelled Lori.

"Well Grassia is now doing the same as we are doing. You were the one who broke our family's tradition! You broke it by not obeying the master! You knew better, but you went off to do your own thing!" explained Milan.

"Yes, when you left, the master was so mad he almost killed us all because you left. Procteaus was very disappointed of you!" yelled Solar.

"I left because Procteaus wanted to kill the population of mutants including us! That is why I left! Now give up or suffer, Night Wing Attack!" said Lori.

Lori's attack hit both of them and knocked them out. Lori went up to them and looked around them. She knew that something wasn't right. Then she saw on the back of their heads a symbol of Procteaus. He had implanted tiny eggs of doom into their skulls and Lori went to them and reversed the spell, but alas, evil took away their souls.

"No I will not let this happen to them!" yelled Lori.

Lori tried an Asana trick called Maharashi or Reviving the Soul. She called on the power of the Moon, and a light came from the sky. She was able to revive Solar's soul but Milan was lost to evil and could never ever come back.

"What's going on, where am I?" asked Solar

"Oh Sam! You are alive," said Lori.

"We must get out of here! I sense some thing powerful coming, we must retreat before it comes!" said Phoenix

Out of the blue an explosion happened a few miles away from where the X-Men were. Then a dark figure came out of the dust that was kicked up when the explosion happened.

"I am Procteaus and this planet is mine to control, and you are not part of it!" yelled Procteaus.

"This can't be, his voice and psy-figure match Onslaught, but of course this isn't true! Onslaught was killed a long time. Another weird thing is that it also matches Apocalypse's body and his voice. Oh my god Onslaught and Apocalypse combined to make this creature, Procteaus!!!" thought Phoenix.

"Cyclops, Wolverine, Nightqueen, Solar!!! We are not against Procteaus, he is not even real! He is Apocalypse and Onslaught combined!!!!" said Phoenix, telepathically.

"Right you are girl, I am not Procteaus, but I am Onslaught and Apocalypse combined and soon the world will fear the name Procteaus, and all villains will rule and I will lead them in the extermination of the human race, and all the heroes with them. You cannot stop me, and you shouldn't try because nothing can stop me, nothing!!!!!!!" explained Procteaus. "Now feel my Mighty Hand!!!!!"

Soon an explosion occurred sending the X-Men everywhere. The blast shook Geneva but nothing was destroyed. The X-Men were again motionless, and then there was a great light, and they were gone.

Will the X-Men ever recover? Will Procteaus complete his destiny? Will the other X-Men come to their aid? Will the X-Men ever meet Grassia? Will Storm's team ever come back? Will the X-Men get more members? These questions will be answered in Ch.3 of X-Men: A New Team, a New Era.