Fan Fiction ❯ You're Beneath Me, William ❯ You're Beneath Me, William ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

“You're beneath me” - Cecilly Adams, Buffy Summers; Season five : Fool for Love
 
~Sunnydale 2003~
 
Spike groaned, burying his head deeper into the mattress. Everything hurt - that damned slayer - bloody hell! He couldn't even force himself to hate her. She'd fucked with him, come to him when the chips were down then beaten him to the ground.
 
“Damn bitch…one good day…just wait…” He mumbled into the bedding, half consciously.
 
Her words echoed over and over in his head, “You're beneath me, William…” He clenched his eyes shut, biting his lip, vamped out, trying to forget the unforgettable.
 
~England, 1880~
 
“You must tell me, William - and nothing but the truth - do you swear?” William, the young man who Cecily Adams was talking to, nodded profusely - eyes filled with adoration.
 
“Yes, of course.” His voice was throaty; did she love him as well?
 
“Those poems,” She paused for a moment. “They're not about me, are they?” Hope was in her eyes.
 
`She's hoping I say yes…' William thought naively.
 
“Oh yes!” He exclaimed, energetically. “Every syllable, my love.” Cecily gasped. Was that disappointment in her eyes? William was sure it couldn't be so.
 
“No,” Cecily stated slowly. “Such a thing can not be!” He was confused…did she not love him back?
 
:”But it is - Cecily - it is,” He paused a moment to compose himself. “Yours is the beuty that rivals the stars, you alone - ”
 
“NO!” She nearly shouted, breaking him off. She paused and struggled to regulate her breathing. “It can't be William.” She looked sorry. “Because…” She shook her head at him, at a loss of words.
 
“Because why?”. He needed to know.
 
“Because - because - because you're beneath me, William!” Without even pausing to glance twice at him, not seeing the damage her words had done, she walked away.
 
~Sunnydale 2002~
 
He choked back a sob. Had she known? He wondered. Had the slayer known that she had been echoing the same words of his first love - the same words that had driven his arms into death itself?
 
“She couldn't have…” He whispered softly, feeling his eyes fill up with tears. “She couldn't have…” He buried his head deeper into the pillow, letting it muffle his sobs of pain.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Author's Note: We do know for sure that Cecily was a vengeance demon when William and she first met & for those who don't know, Cecily Adams and Halfrek are one and the same - just a little background. Remember to let me know what you thought of this!
 
~*SS4EVA*~