Fan Fiction ❯ Zelda: A Link to the Future ❯ The Beginning ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Zelda A Link to the Future

In the years following the downfall of the evil king Ganadorf, the land of Hyrule had finally been freed to move on with it's affairs. Great advances in the feilds of science and tecnology were astounding and almost instantaniouse and quickly forth coming. After only the astonishingly short period of ten years Hyrule had made the most impressive leap forward that anyone has ever bared witness to. Personal computers, advances in agriculture, science, arcitecture, and travel, holo-graphic imaging, and many, many other advances came into being.

Space travel was also not long in forthcoming. The citizens of Hyrule were so demanding for civilian space exploration, that the people broke into space exploration before most of their own system was discovered. Our story is about to take place at a very prestigouse acadamy for celestial exploration and defense. Some of the students at this acadamy are very well known and at least one of them is already famous in his own right and for the life of him can't remember why.

"Link!" A large, burly boy yelled from across the courtyard, his booming voice reverberating off the large stone walls that rose high above the bustling crowd of students that were talking, finishing their soon due assignments and rushing about trying to get to their classes. On a large, intrecitly designed bench, a young, long-haired blonde boy sits, his head burried in a small flat video panel. His green uniform drapes over him, making him seem skinny and almost under nourished. At the sound of his name he lifts his head and scans the crowd with his peircing blue eyes. "Link!" the voice rings out again and link yanks his head around to peer behind him to see a large, muscle bound blonde boy, barely stuffed into his uniform come lumbering up to him.

"Hey Zack, where's Tommy?" Link asked inquisitivly.

"Probably off doing something that will get him expelled. Ha ha ha!" Zack bellowed, leaping over the back of the bench and landing hard on the bench next to link. "Whatcha' lookin' at?"

"Stories, legends, trying to find everything I can about someone called the 'Hero of Time" Link answers holding up the video pad. He goes back to work and begins to tap the screen. After a few moments he stops and stares blankly at the pad. Suddenly link turns off the pad and looks around, making sure no one has seen what he'd been looking at.

"Look out!" A new voice yells. Link and Zack look up to see a red blur whiz by, six orange blurs pass, hot on it's trail. The boy in the red uniform skids to a hault and spins to face his persuers. The boy is tall with un-naturally white hair that drapes down to his shoulders. The other, larger boys start to close in and form a circle around him. Link and Zack are both suprised as they recognize Tommy to be the one at the center of the group. The boys in orange each held out their right hands, which were glove with a metal gauntlet. With the touch of a small button light erupted from their palms and each boy held a sword formed of pure purple energy. Tommy held up both hands holding off an attack as he spoke.

"Guys, come on, it was just alittle joke, no harm no foul right?" Tommy reached down and activated his own blistering blue sword just in time to parry a stike. Tommy landed one well placed kick to the side of the boys head as he over extended himself... despite the boys schooling he opened his hand to brake his fall and deactivated his sword in the process. Three of the other boys launched a volly of attacks, Tommys blade whizzed as it expertly swatted away the oncoming strikes. He spun away from a strike and tapped the bottom of his second gauntlet to activate an energy sheild of the same bright blue energy and followed trough his spin to deliver a strike of thunderous proportions to the closest eneamy, using the sheild in a non-traditional offensive manor. Tommy crouched as four blades came swinging in a powerful downward manor. Tommy ducked his head and braced for the impact, but it never came. He looked up, all four of the swords had been caught and held at bay by a single blistering green blade.

Link swung upward hard throwing all four boys off balance. Tommy stood and took a place next to Link, both of them were then dwarfed as Zack stepped up behind them, his glowing blue beam ax held up for all to see. The orange donned boys began to glance from one to the other, all of whom decided it better to walk away. They all opened their hands, deactivating their sabers and held their hands up in surrender as the edged away. Once the boys were out of sight Tommy, Link and Zack released their grips and relaxed.

"What did you do to the Dodongos this time?!" Links cold stare fell on Tommy almost as soon as the boys had dissapeared.

"It was just alittle joke!!" Tommy chirped defensivly, "I just recolored their graduation sashes for them... I just happened to do it with stink root juice from the Plant and Animal Sciences labs." All three of the boys laughed, if anyone deserved something like that it would have been the Dodongos... They'd bullied anyone who they knew wouldn't/couldn't stand up to them.

The mentioning of the word graduation had set off a light-bulb in Zacks head. "You guys do realize we only have an hour to get ready and be at the ceremony right... otherwise we miss getting our placement data cards." None of them had realized how close it was untill time for them to graduate, all three set into a run toward their dorms at full speed.