Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ The Edge and Beyond ❯ gone ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
1, gone

1, gone



Lara looked out into the distance of foliage feeling alone. Even though she always had her pokemon with her, it wasn't the same. She was so lost. She couldn'y understand why she felt the way she did but still she hadn't a choice. The viridian forest was too quiet for her liking. The quiet made her remember the past. Her past with Darren and how they would run without a care in the world. How things had changed so much since then. Her world jad no use for gunblades or any weapons because they were protected by their pokemon. But not anymore. She felt so scared because in a way, she knew it ws her falut everything became like this. She wasn't from this world at all. Her home in Dogma, light years away from this little planet called earth. She had been brought here as a child to prevent the death of a nation. Even though she was only 7 back then, she was the nations back bone. If she died, there would be no more dogma. Darren knew that even though he wasn't from there. Darren was a human and she wasn't. He was killed because they wanted her. Tears flowed endlessly down her eyes as she recalled the memories they shared together. It happened a year ago. They were both 20. They were going to get married. But no, something went wrong. People came after her she didn't even know why. As far as she was concerned, her life in Dogma was no more and she just wanted to live peacefully on the earth. Was that so difficult? Evidently it was. The day of her wedding right before the ceremony could start, Darren was shot. He saw the gun aimed at her and instead of screaming at her to warn her, he jumped in front of her taking a fatal shot straight through his heart. She was so shocked. Her beautiful white dress ruined covered in her love's blood. She almost went mad when at the paramedics told her there was nothing they could do. She cried and cried and cried for who knows how long. Her sensei told her crying was pointless but he knew she was in great pain. First losing her parents and siblings, her home and now her fiancee. Lara stayed with her sensei in the heart of the Viridian forest ever since training. Her only memory of Darren was his pokemon, a white Stamie, Frost and a icy blue pikachu. They had been with her since then. They refused to leave her side. They too mourned for Darren but there was no way of them coming back.

"Lara, come back into the house, it will be past midnight soon" came a voice from behind her. Unshocked and emotionless, Lara who had already noticed her Sensei presence turned revealing her wet face. "Juita Sensei..." she sighed. Juita walked up to her and covered her with his cloak. "don't be sad." she said knowing that she couldn't possibly just brush off her feelings. But he said that anyway. "there is something you can do." he said. Lara looked up at him drying her face with her bare hands with an enquiring look on her face. "yes, there is a way." he said hoping that this was the right thing to do. Inside, Juita showed Lara an old book. The book spoke of many a weird things but one thing caught Lara's eye. The word, 'Dogma'. "this book was entrusted to me by an old friend a long time ago before you and i came to now each other. i want you to have it." he said giving it to her. A faint smile was seen on her face as she flipped the pages that depicted the history of her home. While reading a particular paragraph indicated that there had been migrations of her people to earth long before the war and how they too lived amongst humans. Lara was shocked to find this but after a while, she got used to that fact. She continued reading until she had a very shocked look on her face. "does this mean..." "yes it does." Juita replied knowing exactly what she was going to ask. "he is alive"

Lara's mind raced at the idea that Darren was very much alive. Estatic even. There was only one who could help her now. And he wasn't human. The glitch, missing no. he was who Lara had to seek out. She wanted to leave that very night but Juita managed to convince her otherwise. So she waited and waited for day break, when she could go to meet him finally.

As soon as the sun rose, so did Lara's journey to indigo plateau start. While making her way out of tha maze of the forest she was stopped by Juita. "let me come with you." he said. Although the way his words were phrased made it sound sound as if it were a request, Juita wouldn't take no for an answer. So they went on. Juita explained to her that her ancestors took refuge on earth in case such a thing were to happen to Dogma so that the heir to the crown would not be alone. However, the teaching faded and the younger generations forgot them inclusive of their immortal nature. Dogmaians were immortal. If they were to wed and bind themselves to a mortal only then will they lose thier eternal life. Even so, those not born of royal blood or bound to it could be killed but they would remain with beauty and little if no sign of age. However, as the races over the galazy began to migrate there, the Dogmians soon lost their immortality. The last of them was Lara who was the back bone of the empire. Apparently those on earth tried to keep their immortality sacred. Darren was one such immortal but his parents and relatives were killed some how. So that was how Lara knew Darren was alive. Her heart was at better ease then it was before. In the midst of making their way out of the Viridian forest, they saw a girl with long red hair and her starmie. The girl was about Lara's age and she was crying.

"what's wrong?" asked Lara concerned not realising who she was talking to. It was Misty. Darren's younger sister who had journeyed far away. "Lara..." she sobbed. It took Lara quite a while to calm her down before she found out what happened. Apparently, Misty had love trouble as well. She met someone sweet and caring but she landed up going out with his best friend. The boy she met was one called Ash. He was the reason why she had left her family to journey to the pokemon league. She fell in love with him only to think that he had no interest in her what so ever. his best friend, Brock however did and so she landed up going out with him. It was only at that point did Ash realise that he truly did care for Misty. She ended up letting Brock go and going out with Ash only to have the both of them land in a huge arguement resulting in an accident. She lost the both of them. She didn't know where either were she thought they were both dead. Lara understood her pain just as Juita offered a towel he had to the girl. "Misty," she started, wondering if this were a good time to tell Misty about her brother. Brushing all that aside she shot and said, "Darren's alive. And there's a chance that Ash and Brock are too. I'm going to find out exactly where they are." Lara said confidently. "i am travelling to the indigo plateau to where the edge of the worlds meet."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a bright early morning as Rinoa awoke stretching lazily on her bed. Next to her was Squall, her husband. Thoughts rushed through her mind as she saw his peaceful face. She remembered how he used to be so cold towards each and everything but it was different. He had saved the world and then he married her. Her life was pure bliss. To make matters even brighter, she was with child. Her only worry was that the child could inherit her sorceress powers. While deep in thought, she didn't even realise Squall begin to stir. His calm face looked at hers as he hugged her and held her close. Squall had never been more open with anyone except for Ellone, his sister. He was happy to be with Rinoa. Meeting her allowed him to experience and understand many of life's mysteries and harships. Knowing that she was pregnant with his child was even better. It was beyond his wildest imagination that he would be a father. They smiled at each other enjoying the peace for at least that moment. They knew that it wouldn't last. Recent exploration had shown them traces of the Sorceress, Adel whom they thought they had defeated those years ago in the Lunatic Pandora. Rinoa quivered with fear remembering how painful it was having being part of Adel even though it didn't last for very long. As far as she was concerned, she wanted her child to be born into a world with no wars. To live a happy life. but at the current moment in time, it was very unlikely. The two loved each other deeply and weren't going to give it up for anyone.
Eventually, they managed to get out of bed and down to the dining hall where they were joined by their friends and comrads. Breakfast of bacon and eggs was pleasurable when eaten with close friends. Selphie and Irvine were together, Zell, who figured that he still enjoyed being single was present with his t-board, Quistis with her fiance Richard, Laguna who was happy to join his son and his friends and even Seifer was there. Times had evidently changed a lot since the fight with Ultimecia. Seifer, whose mind has yet to be fully restored had no idea at all of what was going on until they told him. Sitting beside him was Fujin whose voice impediment had finally been cured through a series of treatments. Raijin however was not present as he was on a diplomatic mission to Trabia garden helping them pull themselves together.
Fujin had a happy look on her face. Finally, she had made her peace and the Seifer she knew and loved had come back. You see, she and Seifer had been going out before the long elaborated battle and since Seifer became the 'sorceress' knight' he had left Fujin. Now that everything was finally over, they were happy again. This was the romantic dream Seifer had spoken of during the SeeD feild exam. Breakfast was exceptionally cheery until they called their meeting to order.

"so we know that Adel's back." started Squall. "and she's trying to merge the worlds apparently." he continued.

"hold yer horses." said Irvine sudden;y. "i get Adel's back. What i don't get is the worlds merging thing. Are you trying to tell us that there are more than one world and we're gonna merge?" he asked more confused by his own question than anything.

"exactly." spoke up Laguna. "intellignece has shown the presence of many different realms. and Adel is trying to compress ours with another in order to instill chaos iduring which she will take over us all."

"ah..." said Quistis understanding what's going on. "so, she wants the worlds to compress and instead of the time compression we've experienced, she wants a world to compress?" she asked slightly amused. Quistis had evidently changed from the goody-two-shoes she once was.

"right. so all we gotta do is stop her right?" said Zell fingering his t-board with interest.

"that's it." said Rinoa. "but we gotta be on guard. intelligence has also shown that she has become more powerful than ever and--"
"we just have to get rid of her" continued Fujin for her knowing exactly what she was going to say.

"that's it then" said Selphie.

"we've got our work cut out for us cept for one problem, where the hell is she and where does the compression start?" asked Seifer paying very close attention to what was going on. He didn't like them sorceresses very much Rinoa and Ellone were exceptions.

"it starts at the old tears point." said Laguna. "we have zilch on the time frame." he added.

"which is why we move now." said Squall. "Rinoa, Fujin, you guys have to stay behind. I don't want to risk any of the lives you protect." Seifer agreed saying, "yea someone's gotta stay here in case anything happens to the garden."

"bu--" Fujin and Rinoa began to protest. "no buts!" said Irvine. "them two've got a point." he said. "that's why i'm staying behind too. you gals are strong and all but i don't feel too good about leaving like that." he added. Selphie looked at him happily, "well that's one less person i have to worry about..."

"HEY!!" replied Irvine.

"quit it guys. we don't have time left. We gotta get to the Ragnarok now!" he said standing.

Having been quiet the whole time, Richard stood one hand on his gun and the other on Quistis' shoulder. "we go now." They gang stood up and left while Rinoa, Fujin and Irvine made their way to the head masters office. Upon opening the door, Rinoa gave out a small whelp of shock. "hey, you ok? Squall'll have my head if anything happens to you." said Richard trying to get a look at what Rinoa had seen. He saw a lizard. Not one of normal size but bigger and it was red too. It seemed to make a noise. "char?" asked Fujin looking at the thing amused. They had to admit it was adorable and friendly too as it wadled up to Rinoa rubbing itself on her legs. The flame on it's tale didn't seem to burn her either. "this, is bad. this is very very bad." started Richard. "what??" asked Rinoa "it won't hurt you..." "you don't get it." Richard replied evidently very worried. "this creature is not from our world. aren't you Charmander?" he asked. "Charmander??" asked Fujin. "You know something. Spill it." she told him. "ok ok but first, we gotta warn Squall." he said as she contacted Squall through his mobile phone explaining the merger of the worlds had already begun. Once he got off te phone he proceeded to explain how he was researching other realms in Esthar before he met Quistis. "This is how we knew the existance of many differentdimensions. Realms if you will. This one is from an alternate earth it seems, a world where people keep creatures like our friend here as pets. They are called pokemon." ~Finally, a human who is aware.~ came a voice from behind the chair. Rinoa, Fujin and Richard were so involved with the charmander that they didn't realise the headmaster's chair was turned around. The chair turned revealing a silvery pokemon. ~i am Mewtwo, the psychic master.~ he said.

**********
this is my attempt at a final fantasy, pokemon and other rpg's that i play cross over. ^^ i hope to be able to keep writing this stuff but im plain running out of ideas... HELP!! please lemme noe what you think and gimme ur ideas if u have em k?? :)

mel
tmeliz@singnet.com.sg