Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Spira's Wake ❯ First battle ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay, I admit it. I have no IDEA how to write a battle scene, so this will be a first. Please don't flame me if it seems dumb. It's my first time writing a battle scene.
 
Disclamiers: Don't own anything but Yunie and this story….
 
Chapter 8: First battle
 
“Wow…” Yugi awed at the sight of Yunalesca. “Cool!!”
“I…feel REALLY weird…” Yunie breathed out. Her grip on the staff tightened. “So…dizzy…”
 
“It should pass.” Pain told her. “You've received the first Aeon…I don't know how it feels but I've been told it feels weird the first time.”
 
Yunie nodded and stared at her hands. “It's like…like there's another soul inside me…That's the best I can explain..”
 
“Been there done that.” Bakura yawned. “Can we go and kill something now?” He grinned and held up his sword. “I wanna try this baby out!”
 
“Um…one question…how the HELL do I use dis dang ball as a weapon?” Jou asked.
 
Pain smiled. “That's what the journey is for…you have to learn on your own.”
 
“I still think all of this is ridiculous…these are probably just toys…what idiot would give a bunch of kids real weapons?”
 
Bakura smirked. “Then we should try them out, eh priest?” He pointed his sword at Kaiba. “How about I slice your head off…maybe that will convince you…”
 
The ground shook then, bringing everyone to the floor…Yunie had almost fallen onto the glass below but was caught by Marik.
 
It was then that Marik decided if he was indeed a guardian and this young girl was his charge…he was going to be a damn good guardian.
 
“Are you okay?” He asked her.
 
She blushed then quickly moved away. “Um…yeah…thank you.”
 
“What was that?” Tristan said as everyone got up.
 
“I don't know.” Pain replied. “But I think you guys should go check it out. It might mean your first battle…”
 
“Ba…battle!? But…”
 
“Don't worry…you'll do fine.” Pain smiled. “You got me for your first time. But after this I have to leave. Come on!” She raced out of the exhibit.
 
“Yami…I…I'm scared…” Yugi frowned.
 
“It will be alright Aibou…” Yami hugged his light. “Stay behind me and I will protect you.”
 
“You two brat.” Bakura glared at Ryou. “The last thing I need is for you to end up dead.”
 
Ryou smiled…that was Bakura's way of saying `I'll protect you, love'. “Alright…I will.”
 
“You people are all insane!!!” Kaiba shouted.
 
“Kaiba, obviously something is going on…we need ta at least find out WHAT.” Jou said. “Come on guys.”
 
They raced out of the museum, not sure of what to expect. Outside seemed quiet, but the sky above told differently. No longer was there rain, it was merely dark…almost like night.
 
“I got a BAD feeling about dis guys…” Joey said.
 
“How very perceptive of you…truly you are a guardian…” The baritone voice caused everyone to jump. They looked around seeing no one.
 
The voice laughed. “I am flattered you wish to find me…there is no need of that.” A figure seemed to step out of darkness and walk toward them. The figure was a man with long blue hair…his robes were of modern day, consisting of jeans and a shirt, but his eyes…those evil, evil eyes, showed much age…
 
Bakura shrugged, used to seeing such evil…after all he was like that at one point. However, he noticed the others didn't take the man's appearance too well…Pharaoh didn't show but Bakura knew the man was scared a little…
 
“Why so surprised...? Did those wretched Gullwings not tell you of me? How sad…” The man smirked. “Perhaps I should enlighten you…” He held out his large hands which seemed not proportionate to the rest of his body. “I am called Seymour…Maester of Yevon…but soon I shall be called another name…”
 
“Sin…” Yugi breathed out.
 
“Yes…I just need one simple thing…” He held out his hand. “My lady summoner, come with me…I shall bring you to your true destiny…” His eyes glowed softly. “Come with me…and we shall accomplish the true destiny of this pathetic world!!!”
 
“NO!” Marik quickly stood in front of Yunie…he knew what the man was trying to do…He held the sword with both hands, ready to strike if nesscary. He may have failed in being a guardian of his king's tomb…but he wasn't going to fail again.. “Don't look at him!”
 
“Please…do you honestly think you can take me?” The man laughed then raised his hand to the sky. “I highly doubt that…Come to me…Aeon of darkness!!!”
 
When nothing happened the group stared quizzically. “Uh…Yug…what's he doing?” Jou asked.
 
“I don't know…” Yugi replied. “I guess he's trying to summon an Aeon…”
 
Seymour stared in confusion at his hand. “What? Why does Anima not come to his master?”
 
“Because you aren't her master.” Everyone watched as Yunie stepped forward, the staff clutched tightly in her hand. “The Aeons will never listen to you anymore…they are tired of following such a wicked man…”
 
“Perhaps so…but I have other ways of dealing with insubordinates…” He smirked. “Observe.” Once again he reached his hand towards the sky. “Let's try something shall we? Just how strong are you so called guardians? Can they handle the simplest of spells? Fire!!”
 
A ear-splitting scream could be heard from their group. Yami recognized it immediately.
 
“Yugi!” He turned to his partner and saw a most horrible sight.
 
Little Yugi was engulfed in flames, screaming his ears off. The flames subsided and the small light fell to the ground, weapons making a loud clanking sound as they fell from his hands to the ground below.
 
“Yug!” Jou and Yami quickly went to the boy. Yami cradled his young light in his arms.
 
“Aibou? Aibou wake up!”
 
Jou checked Yugi's pulse and frowned. “He's…”
 
“He can't be…Aibou!” Yami screamed at the lifeless form before him.
 
Suddenly a strange aura surrounded the corpse of Yugi Motou.
 
“Bring back to us those who have fallen.” Came Yunie's voice.
 
A light as bright as the heavens descended upon Yugi and a strange, ringing sound occurred. Yugi's eyes opened slowly as the light slowly disappeared as mysteriously as it came.
 
“Yami…? What's going on?”
 
Yami's eyes widened as did everyone elses.
 
“How…but…I just…”
 
“Ah…I see you've acquired the life spell…interesting, Lady Yuna did not acquire that until she reached Macalania.” Seymour smirked. “You're ancestor would be proud.”
 
“Life spell?” Yugi stood, leaving Yami's embrace. “What's he mean?”
 
“He means that I can bring anyone back from the dead if they had just recently died.” Yunie explained. “There's one downside to it though…” She swayed a bit. “It takes a lot of energy…I don't think I'll be able to do it again for a while.”
 
“Which means we are at a disadvantage.” Pain finally spoke then turned to Seymour. “If you wish to kill us, then go ahead evil spirit. Or are you scared?”
 
“Are you insane!? Don't mock the bad guy!” Honda shouted angrily.
 
“Yeah, especially if he can kill with a snap of his fingers!” Jou replied, also in anger.
 
“I've had enough with this crap…” Bakura stepped forward, sword drawn. “Let's just kill him and be done with it already!” He raced toward Seymour.
 
“Bakura! No!” Ryou cried but the dark spirit did not listen. Bakura jumped, swinging his blade above his head for a killing blow.
 
“Die bastard!” But the blow never came. Bakura was thrown backward into the wall of the museum with bone-breaking force.
 
“Fool…you cannot kill me so easily…” Seymour replied.
 
Ryou raced over to his darkness. “Bakura? Are you alright?”
 
Bakura groaned. “Damn freaking piece of—“
 
“Since you obviously cannot defeat me now…I will not kill you…besides I have other plans…” He bowed. “Until we meet again, my lady…allow me to provide a small present before I depart.” He snapped his fingers and a large roar could be heard. “He's very…anxious to meet you all…let's see if your guardians can live up to their name.” With that Seymour vanished and the roaring continued.
 
“Guys…I have a REALLY BAD feeling about this…” Honda said.
 
“It sounds like whatever it is…is coming closer.” Pain said as she pulled out a sword. “Get ready, guardians…This is your time to shine.”
 
“Huh…you mean we have to--!?” Before anymore words could be said, a large shadow fell upon them. A huge, towering beast stepped into what little light they had, showing its form to them all. Its purple skin freaked them out and it's yellow hair blew in the wind.
 
“Holy crap!? We haveta fight THAT!?” Joey shouted.
 
“A Behemoth huh? Not too bad…” Pain said. “Alright guardians…let's do it! Be careful though!”
 
“Are you insane!?” Honda shouted.
 
“Why the hell do you think I gave you the weapons? Now's the time to use them!” Pain shouted.
 
“FINE!” Bakura shouted and raced forward.
 
“Bakura! Wait!”
 
“See if you can steal something! While we keep it busy!” Pain shouted at Ryou.
 
“M..me!?” He said blankly. “But…I'm not the thief!”
 
“Everyone with swords, Circle the beast! You with the ball, hit its head!” Pain shouted. “Magician and spear, stay behind and protect the summoner!”
 
“You lady are insane!” Kaiba shouted.
 
“You want to survive, priest? Then suck it up!” Bakura shouted as he went into position.
 
“Come on Seito!” Jou said and pulled Kaiba toward the beast. “Da only way to get rid of it is it fight it so come on!”
 
“Fine…whatever!” Kaiba shouted. Kaiba, Bakura, Marik and Pain circled the Behemoth with their swords ready to attack.
 
“Hit it ball man!” Bakura shouted.
 
Jou glared at him. “Shut up!” And threw the ball at the behemouths head, the behemoth roared in pain as Jou caught the ball and stared at it. “awesome!!!”
 
“Theif! Steal something now!” Pain shouted at Ryou.
 
“Uh…right…Um…”
 
“Just do it brat!”
 
Ryou nodded and quickly went over. He stared at the beast for a moment, not knowing what to do. He touched the beast but gasped when his hand went right through it. Quickly he pulled his hand out and raced away.
 
“Ryou…what is that in you hand?” Yami asked. Ryou looked at the strange red sphere in his hands.
 
“I…don't know..”
 
“Red means it's a power sphere, throw it at one of us and we can kill it!” Pain shouted at him.
 
“Throw it!? But…”
 
“Throw it at me brat!” Bakura commanded. Ryou nodded and threw the object at Bakura. The object literary went into the spirit and made his body glow red. Bakura grinned.
 
“Damn that's some good stuff!” He shouted and sliced the behemoth in half. The monster roared and disappeared into small lights.
 
“Wow…what was that thing!?” Honda asked.
 
“That was a power sphere…” Pain said as she picked up an object that was in place of the bemouth. “And this is an ether. Magician catch!” She threw it at Yami and he caught the bottle. “Give it to Yunie. It'll get her magic back up.” Yami nodded and gave it to Yunie who quickly drank the contents. She sighed, feeling refreshed.
 
“Thank you…” She said as she stood.
 
“That was…that was awesome!” Jou shouted.
 
“Yeah! Way to go guys!” Yugi shouted. “especially you Ryou!”
 
“But…I don't get it..I'm not a thief…” Ryou said.
 
“The pouch gives you the ability to steal things from monsters.” Pain told him. “That's why your hand went right through it. You'll be able to do that with every monster you encounter.”
 
“Oh…” Ryou replied.
 
“Now…I need to give you all your armor and some supplies…after that…well you're on your own. Follow me.” They followed Pain into the museum once again and she gave each of them different armors…she said they were the armor pieces that were to go with their weapons.
 
“Now you'll have an advantage…there's a gullwing shop in Osaka…you might be able to get some more armor there.” She told them. “And these are for you too.” She handed them a sack filled with different potions and money. “This will keep you alive until you start fighting more monsters. There's a high potion, four potions, two ethers, five phoenix downs, a megapotion, and 100 dollars. Some monsters might have money to steal too.”
 
“Thanks…” Yugi said to her. “But…what now…?”
 
“Mr. Kaiba!!!” A man in a black suit rushed in. “Thank goodness I've found you!”
 
“What is it Granger?” Kaiba asked.
 
“The mansion sir…it's under attack!” the man shouted.
 
“Mokuba is still there!” Jou said. “We gotta save him!”
 
Seito's eyes narrowed into slits. “If one hair is missed placed on his head…there will be trouble…”
 
 
Next chapter: A tarnished Home
 
Okay guys Read and review please!