Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ the millionair + the thief=? ❯ what the h*** is wrong with me? ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

An: I'm so sorry for the lack of update. Now, I'll try to update more often, maybe a chp in 2 days. again, sorry

------

Rikku walked up to Yugi and talked to the gang. After a few hours, all of them became close friends. They were having fun until Yugi decided to bring up the subject about Kaiba.

"Rikku, why were you attacking Kaiba at school today? You were lucky that he didn't hit you back, Kaiba had the reputation of being the toughest guy in the whole world." Yugi stated.

"What? KAIBA'S A JERK! HE DESERVED TO GET BEAT UP AND THROW AWAY LIKE A MEANIE HE IS!" Rikku snapped at the group. Obviously, she hadn't got over the fact that Kaiba was so cold to her.

"You go Rikku! " Joey exclaimed, " Kaiba deserved it"

"Yeah, but Rikku, be careful, Kaiba's really really strong! Don't fight with him; he might not be easy on you the next time…" Tea suggested.

"WHAT? Are you telling me that you're scare of him? Come one, he's not that scary!" Rikku argued

"You don't understand…" Yugi shook his head, " Kaiba was very popular with the girls but he never talked to anyone. He's pretty antisocial. No one messes with him and get away with it. Look, I'm surprised that he didn't fought back when you hit him… "

Rikku didn't know what to say. She had never thought about the fact that her enemy can be so dangerous. She had always regarded him as a jerk. Now, she suddenly felt afraid. She was shock over the news about Kaiba. She didn't feel like continuing on the subject anymore. She decided to say goodbye to the gang and left.

Walking on the street, her mind was once again contemplating over Kaiba. What she was wondering the most about was how he didn't beat her up when she attacked him. She refused to think that Kaiba was a gentleman and doesn't hit girls, but she didn't know what reasons for Kaiba's 'niceness'. Rikku shudder at the thought of him being nice. It wasn't like him…'no,nope,not at all' she whispered to herself.

Rikku was so busied thinking about the cold CEO that she didn't look to where she was going and accidentally bumped into someone. She was about to say 'excuse me' but stopped when she saw the person in front of her. She gasped.

There… stood the guy that she took the money from. He looked at and let out a growl…

" You little bitch!" the fat guy yelled

Rikku was so afraid that she just stood there, frozen. The guy was obviously stronger than her, and she was sure that he won't let her get away with stealing his money…

"It's all your fault!"

"What?" Rikku asked, not understanding what the guy was talking about.

"What? You didn't know? After you took my money and I tried to scam that rich son-of-a-bitch for some reimbursement, my life was miserable. I BET THAT YOU SNITCH ON ME, it's the only reason why that CEO threatened me out of my home! " the guy raised his hand and slapped Rikku.

Rikku felt the stinging burn on her face. She was inflamed with anger. She attacked him back, but only to find that most of her attacks was useless against his strength. After a few minutes, she was on the defense. Soon after, she can't go on anymore…

Rikku collapsed.

The man smirk as he wiped the blood off his face. He came over to Rikku's body and was about to kick her but something hit him before he could hurt her. The man turned around.

There, standing in front of him was none other than the CEO of KaibaCorp himself.

"Didn't your mom teach you not to beat up on little girls?" Kaiba growled and lunged at the man. Less than 5 minute, the man was on the ground, unconscious.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Seto Kaiba picked the lifeless girl from the ground before he looked at his brother. Mokuba was crying.

*flash back*

After the argument with Rikku, Kaiba was furious. Mokuba had to beg him to continue on the walk, or he would've went home already. They were strolling along when he heard a scream. Mokuba suddenly cried out and pointed at the 2 strangers to him. He recognized them easily, and was about to let the argument between Rikku and the fat guy continue. Suddenly, he heard Rikku screamed out in pain. Kaiba was walking away but stopped. He sigh as he decided to help Rikku out. When he got there, she was already on the ground. It didn't took long time for Kaiba to beat up her attacker….

~**~*~*~*~**~

Kaiba looked at the sleeping girl in his bed. The doctor had already came to take care of the injuries, but she was still looking bloody.

Seto sigh.

'She looked so terrible!' he thought, feeling sorry for Rikku.

Suddenly, Kaiba's mind snap. He didn't care about her! Why is he taking care of her now? Kaiba was confused. All of his life, he had never even bother to help his enemy. Heck, he enjoyed their pain. He had learned to be ruthless when Gozaburo mistreated him. He'd learned to have revenge, learned to hurt those who hurt him. His motto had been 'eye for an eye'. He learned 'not to get mad, but get even'. He learned to 'kill or be killed'. Now, looking at Rikku, Kaiba wondered what was wrong with himself.

'This isn't like me!' Kaiba shook his head ' I'm a cold duelist. I don't help people, I hurt them! Why am I helping my enemy?'

Confused, Kaiba slammed his fist on the desk. The pain ran through his body but he didn't mind. He's used to pain and hurt. They had been part of his life ever since he was born. Ever since he could remember, his mom died while giving birth to his little brother, Mokuba. A year later, his dad died in a car crash and the brother was immediately put into an orphanage. He didn't talk to anyone. He hated all of the people around him. When he was 10, he'd defeated Gozaburo in a chess game and was adopted. Every one congratulated him. Even he was happy…until he learned the truth. He had traded his miserable days at the orphanage for the life in hell. Everyday, there were more and more scars on his back. Outside, every said that he was lucky to be the son of such rich company, but they never knew…nor he wanted them to.

Kaiba muttered incoherently as he stormed out of his room. Kaiba couldn't stand it anymore… life was better when he was evil, now…he didn't know what's wrong with him…