Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ the millionair + the thief=? ❯ Chapter 12

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Rikku watched from far away as the two brothers greeted each other.

"They looked so happy!" she told herself. Rikku couldn't believe how kind Kaiba looked around Mokuba. " He sure looked a lot nicer than I usually see him."

Rikku didn't want to disturb the special moment. However, after a while, Mokuba suddenly told Seto about Rikku.

" She's a lot better! Also, I defeated her in the duel monster game! She played terrible!" Mokuba exclaimed.

" Damn!" Rikku muttered. She didn't want to be reminded of her defeat, especially to Kaiba. She looked at Kaiba. He only frowned at the mention of her name and soon dismissed Mokuba and went to his room.

Mokuba later returned to Rikku. The young boy looked kind of sad..

"What's wrong?" Rikku asked

"Oh…nothing…it's just that Seto had been avoiding me lately…" Mokuba replied.

"Why?"

"I don't know… he never acted like this…"

Rikku was worried about Mokuba. After the two separated, she decided to give Kaiba a talk.

She was extremely nervous about facing her enemy. He always intimidated her…After taking a deep breath she knocked on the door of the CEO.

"Who's it?" a cold voice asked.

"It's me… Rikku" her voice was shaken.

"Go away!" Kaiba demanded.

"No!" Rikku tried to open the door but it was locked. Suddenly, the door was open and there stood Kaiba.

"What do you want?" Kaiba growled.

"Why were you being so mean to Mokuba?" Rikku yelled at him.

"That's none of your business!"

"It's my business when you mess with him! What's wrong with you? He's your brother!"

"You talk about messing with people?" Kaiba attacked back "Why don't you give me a good reason on why Mokuba had been crying"

Rikku didn't know what to say. She'd promised Mokuba not to tell about the conversation. However, she wanted to scream at Kaiba and tell him everything.

In the end, she decided to be quiet "I can't tell you, I promised Mokuba…" she uttered out…

"If you can't tell me, then don't' try to tell my how to run my life!" He slammed the door in her face.

--------------------------------------------------------------------- < p class="MsoNormal c2">

Rikku was at the park now. Even though her feet were still hurt, she couldn't face the argument with Kaiba anymore.

"Stupid Jerk!" she threw a rock into a pond…

"I HATE YOU! I HATE WHAT YOU DID TO ME, TO MOKUBA! TO EVERYONE!"

She cried. She never cries before, but now she cries.

"Why do you have to be so insensitive Kaiba?" Rikku asked out loud. There was no one around her…

"Why couldn't you be an insensitive jerk without Mokuba? Why do you have to have a brother who cares about you? Why couldn't you be alone?" She wanted him to be alone, to have no one to love, to have nothing. She wanted him to feel her pain of not having a family.

The more she think about him, the more frustrated she gets.

"You have everything and you don't even know it! You have money, power, love… Everything! ME? I have nothing!"

Rikku was calming down now… "I hate everything about you… your look, your attitude, your fame…just plain you…"

She wanted to say all those thing in front of him. She wanted to scream at him for being so mean to her.

"Why couldn't you be nice to me, or anyone at all?"

She wanted to be treated like his friend, although she doubted it if he had any friends.

"Why couldn't you show the world what you showed Mokuba?"

Rikku cried some more. To some unknown reason, she had always wanted to be Kaiba's friend, not because of his money, but because of him. She didn't know why. When she first met him, She tried to be nice, only to have him shove her away. When she acted mean around him, he ignored her, acting like she was not important.

"Am I not a tiny bit important to you? I know that you have all these big business to run, but why do you have to ignore me? Why do you have to push the world away? Why can't you open up? Or lighten up? "

After a while… she decided to go home. She didn't want to return to Kaiba's mansion anymore. She rather get lost in some street than to face his coldness..

Unknown to her, some one had been watching her from a far…