Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ A Look Into the Mind Of An Aeon ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]

I am sorry, young man, that you had to find out now and in such this manner. The girl you’ve fallen for, she is going to sacrifice herself to keep her home safe. Everyone knew and yet, they never spoke a word of it to you.

Subtle hints, ones that did not make sense until now, were said. But until this moment, you were clueless, left in the dark. Confused and hurt you now are.

When Bahamut dreamt of his home, we thought nothing of it. We all dream of our own homes, of course. My own is of Luca. Though I am Besaid’s aeon, I was born and lived in Luca. And it is what I dream of. While not as glamorous as the Zanarkand that both you and dear Bahamut know of, I know that it is dear to me.

Do not worry though. We will keep you safe. Though you are of Bahamut and not of us, the others and myself, who have grown close in our years together, even if we all do reside in worlds different. Even if we do dream of worlds as they were a millennia ago.

You are the dream of a fayth. You are doomed to fade away when we are sent. Until that day arises though, you will be kept safe. For, like your father, you are like our child that we will and must protect, even at the cost of our lives.