Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ All That Matters ❯ The Autumn Ball is Finally Here ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
All That Matters

Written by: Cherry6124
Romance/General
Irvine x Selphie pairing


A/N: Ok, I'll try to make this one short. Thanks for all the reviews. I appreciate it. Um, and I changed the divider thing back to the old one since it looked better. Anything else? I'll put it on the bottom if I have anything else to say. Enjoy!


Disclaimer: Final Fantasy 8 is property of Squaresoft.


---


Chapter Nine "The Autumn Ball is Finally Here!"


*Beep Beep Beep*

"Uhhh..." Selphie's hand bang hard on the night-stand, trying to find the alarm clock.

*Beep Beep Beep*

Selphie growled, "I'm up I'm up!" She finally hit the 'off' button on the alarm clock.

Selphie opened her eyes slowly, and glanced at the time.

"Hmm... 7:00 am, I guess I could get up now." Selphie rolled out of bed and looked in the mirror, "Oh my! I look horrible."

Selphie was in her SeeD uniform, and her hair was somewhat still flipped up. What little makeup she wore yesterday, was half way on still. Her uniform was wrinkled up, and looked very messy. She frowned and went into the bathroom to take a shower.

After she finished with her shower, she came out with a towel wrapped around her. She went over to her dressed and pulled out her favorite yellow dress. Selphie pulled it on, and zipped it up. Since her hair was still damp, she decided to wear her hair in a ponytail, instead of it's usual flipped style. She then went to her closet and found her clunky boots and put them on. After she finished getting dress, she left her dorm.

---

Since the cafeteria doesn't open till 9:00, she decided to go to the ballroom, and look at it again. There wasn't many students up at this time, only the students who still had classes. Selphie made her way to the ballroom, and noticed some of the other committee members.

"Hi Miss Selphie, what brings you here this early?" The female student named Emila asked.

"I was about to ask the same thing to you." Selphie smiled and walked up to Emila.

"Oh, I was just cleaning up some stuff. I'm really excited about tonight!" Emila clapped her hands together.

"Me too, but I think everyone is really excited." Selphie looked around the ballroom, everything seemed to be in order, "Looks like you've got everything in control, so I'm gonna go now. Bye!"

Selphie waved good-bye, and exited the ballroom.

---

'Ugh,' Selphie thought to herself, "I have too much time on my hands today."

Selphie looked down the hallway to the training center, "I could... nah."

She kept walking until she reached the library. She noticed the light was on, so someone was probably in there. Selphie proceeded towards the library.

When she walked in, she saw Elizabeth (the library girl with the pigtails). She grinned; Zell always talks about her.

Elizabeth was sorting all the books in the shelves.

'How boring." Selphie thought to herself and decided to talk to her.

Zell always talked about how nice she was, and how much he really likes her, so it wouldn't hurt to meet her, right?

"Hiya!" Selphie startled Elizabeth a little.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know anyone else was in here." Elizabeth placed the book in it's proper place in the shelf.

"I just walked in." Selphie picked up a book.

"That's my favorite book. It's about a fairy who falls in love with knight." Elizabeth smiled.

"Cool! I think I've heard of the book before. I should read it sometime, " Selphie looked at the book title, "'All That Matters' cool title."

"You can check that book out now if you like too. It's really popular, it's usually never in." Elizabeth put some more books in the shelf.

"Sure, I want to read it." Selphie and Elizabeth walked over to the desk, and checked the book out.

"It's due in two weeks, so enjoy." Elizabeth began to walk back to the shelf, but stopped, "Wait, do I know you from somewhere?"

"Oh, I'm Zell's friend. You know, Selphie Tilmitt. I'm also on the president of the Garden Festival Committee."

"That's right, my bad. I usually don't see you too much. You look different with your hair like that. I'm used to it being flipped up." Elizabeth chuckled a little.

"Don't worry, it's ok." Selphie opened the book and started to read....


-Book-

'I stood there, speechless. How could people be so happy about this new?! Princess Amalia was going to marry Sir James! Sir James was one of her knights, her best knight at that. I really like him too. I suppose you could call it love at first sight, but I was just a fairy, no one could love me.

That's right, I was a forest fairies. I look exactly like a real person. I'm the same height as an average woman too. The only exceptions were my green hair and my wings. I also was skilled in using magic. Other then that, I could pass for a real person. Not many people liked our kind though. We have to live in the forest because of it too.

The first time I saw Sir James was when he came into the forest on his white horse. He had some other knights with him, but he stood out the most. That's when I fell in love with him. He was handsome, strong, intelligent, and so much more. Words can't describe what I felt in that instant that I saw him. I had to sneak into the town to see him a lot. I never saw any good glimpses of him though, because so many people came to the Town Square to see Princess Amalia when she made her few appearances. I was always stuck in the back, and I was somewhat small, so I can't see over tall people's heads.

I heard he was going on a hunting trip alone before he gets married. Can you take a guess of where he is going to be hunting? Yep, here! Too bad I am against hunting. Now, I can get good glimpses of him when he comes...'


-Back to the library-

"Selphie, do you like the book so far?" Elizabeth asked.

"Yeah, it's really great!" Selphie marked her page, the closed her book.

"Do you want to go to the cafeteria with me? I'm finished with the books." Elizabeth pointed to the bookshelf, it was all organized now.

"Sure, that would be nice." Selphie followed Elizabeth out of the library.

"So, does Zell say anything about me?" Elizabeth fiddled with her fingers while asking.

"He talks about you a lot, almost as much as he talks about hot-dogs and fighting." Selphie giggled a little.

"Does he say good things about me?" She asked again, this time she was nervous.

"Everything he says about you is good. He thinks you were an angel sent from heaven" Selphie smiled.

"I was going to ask him to the festival, but I think he might say no."

"No, he wouldn't! He wanted to ask you the same thing, but he was afraid you would say no," Selphie frowned, "I think you should ask him, so you don't lose your opportunity."

"Yeah, your right! Thanks Selphie," Elizabeth saw some of the other members from the library committee, "wanna come with us?"

"Nah, but thanks for the offer. Bye." Selphie waved to Elizabeth as she ran over to her other friends.

---

Selphie had sat in the cafeteria for nearly thirty minutes. It was a little after nine now, and some people were coming in already to get breakfast. She was really into the book that she had checked out that morning. It had been keeping her occupied for the time that she was in the cafeteria.

"Hi Selphie." Rinoa said in a kinda sleepy way.

"Tired still?" Selphie asked.

"Yeah, I was so excited about today, I couldn't get to sleep," Rinoa rubbed her eyes a little, "I think I need some coffee."

Selphie giggled a little, "Quistis brings that instant coffee to breakfast every morning. Maybe she can give you some."

"I'll ask her for some," Rinoa looked at the book, "Whatcha reading?"

"It's a book that was recommended to me by Elizabeth. It's so good." Selphie marked her page, and placed the book on the table.

"Oh, Elizabeth, isn't she the girl Zell likes?" Rinoa pondered out loud.

"Yeah, and she likes him too!"

"I knew she did, I just got a feeling she did. Is she going to the Autumn Ball with Zell?" Rinoa asked.

"Yeah, I got a feeling she did too, but I wasn't sure. Neither of them have asked each other yet," Selphie looked around the cafeteria, and noticed Zell in the breakfast line with Elizabeth, "Ooooh, look look!"

Selphie pointed at the two talking to each other.

Rinoa watched as Elizabeth and Zell talk until they got their trays. They both parted ways after saying good-bye. Zell came to the table and sat next to Rinoa.

"That's Squall's seat." Rinoa pointed to the seat Zell sat in.

"So, Squall can sit on the other side of you." Zell took a sip of his orange juice.

Rinoa frowned in defeat, usually, Zell would just give in, but he didn't this time.

"What were you two talking about?" Selphie asked.

Zell looked up, "Oh, you mean me and Elizabeth?"

Selphie nodded.

"She wanted to know if I would go to the Autumn Ball with her, and I said yes."

"Wow! You've got a date! I didn't think you would get one." Rinoa blurted out.

"Oh, thanks..." Zell said with no emotion.

"Aren't you excited? I thought you really liked her." Selphie added.

"I do! I just don't know how to react. I'm really happy that we are going together, I was just too shy to ask her myself."

"Oh, I see." Rinoa and Selphie said in unison.

Zell looked at the book Selphie had next to her, "Reading that one?"

"Yeah, have you read it before?" Selphie asked.

"For a class project, I didn't get into it much, probably because it was a romance."

"Figures, guys like you don't like romance too much." Rinoa added.

"Should I take that as a compliment or an insult?" Zell asked, obviously confused.

"Never mind, just forget it." Rinoa put her head down on the table, "I want my Squally-poo."

Selphie giggled a little, everyone had their own nicknames for each other.

As if on que, Squall, Quistis, and Irvine walked into the cafeteria. Quistis went to make her instant coffee, and to find Seifer, Squall gave Rinoa a kiss on the cheek, and sat next to her, and Irvine tipped his hat and sat next to Selphie.

"Guess what! Zell has a date for the Autumn Ball!" Selphie screamed out, wanting everyone to hear.

"Who's the lucky lady Zell?" Irvine asked.

"Um, it's Elizabeth." Zell ate the rest of his food.

"Cool, so you finally asked her?" Irvine asked again.

"No, she asked me."

"Oh, now look who the girl magnet is." Irvine joked.

Zell laughed a little and put his tray up, "I'm gonna go now, bye."

Zell waved good-bye and walked out of the cafeteria.

"OH YEAH! BOOYA! I GOT A DATE WITH ELIZABETH!" Zell jumped up and down outside the cafeteria.

Some students who walked by looked at him like he was crazy, and remembered the 'cupid' incident.

---

"Are you guys excited about tonight?" Selphie asked the group.

"Yeah, can't wait Sefie, it's gonna be great!" Irvine replied.

"Good, cause the committee and I worked so hard for this." Selphie giggled a little, "Rinoa, are you still going to come to my dorm at 6 o' clock so we can get ready?"

"Yeah, of course I am."

"Can I come and watch?" Irvine asked playfully.

"NO!" Selphie and Rinoa said together.

"Hehe, just joking."

---

Six o' clock came faster then they all expected. Everyone was in their dorms getting ready for the big night, except for Rinoa, who was in Selphie's dorm.

"I'm so excited!" Rinoa pranced around the room.

"Me too!" Selphie pranced around with her.

Rinoa wore her white mini dress (seen during the SeeD inauguration). Her hair was crippled and laid on her shoulders.

Selphie wore a similar dress, except it was yellow. Her hair was in a bun and she had some of her longer strands of hair down.

"Come here, so I can help you with the makeup." Rinoa grabbed her arm, and pulled Selphie down into the seat.

"I'm so excited!" Selphie screamed again.

"Yeah, you said that already." Rinoa giggled as she applied the makeup on Selphie.

"I wonder what Irvine is going to wear. I wonder if he'll save the last dance for me. I wonder what he'll think of me. I wonder-"

"if you'll hush about it." Rinoa and Selphie laughed.

"Ok ok, I think I'm overreacting a little bit. So, how do I look?" Rinoa turned Selphie's chair so it could face the mirror, "Wow! Rinoa I'm impressed!"

"Irvine's going to be drooling over you all night." Rinoa grabbed her purse.

"What time is it? Is it time to go already?" Selphie got up from the chair.

"It's starts in fifteen minutes, we wanna get there early, so let's go now." Rinoa opened the door.

"Ok, hold on." Selphie looked herself over in the mirror one more time, then followed Rinoa out the door.

---

The hallway to the ballroom was crowded with students. Rinoa and Selphie tried to look over people's heads to try to find Squall and Irvine.

"I can't see over there heads!" Rinoa screamed.

"They're too tall!" Selphie jumped up and down to see over them.

"Maybe Squall and Irvine are already in there." Rinoa had to raise her voice a little due to all the noise.

"Yeah, hopefully."

Finally, after more then five minutes of waiting in the hallway, Selphie and Rinoa made it in the ballroom.

"Selphie! It's beautiful!" Rinoa awed over the sight.

"I didn't do it alone, you have to give credit to the other committee members as well." Selphie looked around the ballroom, with all the people, she didn't know if she would ever find Irvine.

"Squall!" Rinoa yelled and ran over to Squall.

"Hey Rin, you look wonderful." Squall wore his SeeD uniform, what a surprise?

"You too, even though you didn't dress up too much."

"Whatever..."

Rinoa laughed, "You haven't changed too much, have you?"

"Guess not." Squall just smirked, he liked it a lot when he and Rinoa joked like that.

"Hey!" Selphie squeezed in between some people to get to Rinoa and Squall.

"Hey Selphie." Squall waved shyly at Selphie.

"Hey Squall, have you seen Irvine? I thought he was supposed to be coming with you."

"Oh, he was with me a second ago, but I lost him in the hallway." Squall turned around and began to walk towards the corner of the ballroom.

"Oh no you don't! You're gonna dance with me all night. I hope you find Irvine, bye Selphie." Rinoa grabbed Squall's hand and ran to the dance floor.

"Yeah, see ya later." Selphie looked down at the floor.

"Selphie!" Selphie lifted her head to see Quistis and Seifer coming towards her.

"Oh hi guys! Are you enjoying yourselves?" Selphie asked.

"Yeah, a little too much. So, what are you doing?" Quistis said while holding Seifer's hand.

"Nothing, I was just looking for Irvine, that's all." Selphie frowned.

"I thought I saw him with some girls earlier, over by the punch bowl." Seifer pointed at the punch bowl, and sure enough, Irvine was there, surrounded by lots of girls.

"Thanks, you two have fun, ok." Selphie waved, and ran over to Irvine.

"Hey Sefie, whatcha doin'?" Irvine detached himself from the girls and made his way over to Selphie.

"I was looking everywhere for you."

"All the girls are. I was going to go over to where you, Rinoa, and Squall were earlier, but then all the girls came out of no where, and I was stuck here, sorry." Irvine put his arm around her shoulder.

"It's ok, you don't have to apologize." Selphie smiled, trying to cheer him, and herself up.

"Do you wanna dance the first dance with me?" Irvine asked.

"Sure! I woul-"

"Irvine! You promised me the first dance!" A red headed girl ran up to Irvine and shoved Selphie aside.

"Ugh! Ok ok, but only one dance. I have to keep my other promises. I'm sorry Selphie, I'll dance the next dance with you." Irvine and the red headed girl walked out to the dance floor and started dancing.

"Oh, it's ok. I don't mind, really." Selphie walked over to the chairs and sat down, watching the other students dance.

Seifer and Quistis were on the dance floor, and so were Elizabeth and Zell. Rinoa was pulling Squall's arm, trying to get him on the dance floor.

"Come on Squall! Don't act like a baby!" Rinoa pulled even harder.

"But I'm not!" Squall whined back.

"Yes, you are! Now if you don't dance with me, I won't ever speak to you again!" Rinoa lied, she actually would talk to him again, but she was just saying that to make him feel bad.

"Whatever..." Squall reluctantly gave up, and let Rinoa pull him to the dance floor, where she led the dance.

Meanwhile with Seifer and Quistis...

A Trepie came up to the dancing couple, "May I have this dance Miss Trepe?"

Seifer growled like a dog.

"Eeek! I'll be on my way now." The scared Trepie ran away from Seifer.

"Seifer, you know you should have been polite and let him have at least one dance with me." Quistis scolded.

"Nah uh, I'm not letting any of those Trepe freaks touch you." Seifer joked, but Quistis took it seriously.

"Seifer, I have my own life you know. I can dance with who ever I please."

"I know sweetie, but I don't want to dance with anyone but you." Seifer pulled her closer to him.

Quistis just smiled, and danced a little more with him.

Selphie watched the two from her chair, "They're so cute together."

Selphie let out a long and heavy sigh. She thought she was going to have fun at the dance, but maybe she was wrong. Irvine didn't even compliment her on her dress, maybe he didn't care.

Irvine glanced at Selphie several times during his dance. He really wanted to dance with her, and not this red head.

"Selphie looks so beautiful." Irvine whispered to himself.

"Huh?" The red haired looked at him confused.

"Oh, um, nothing." Irvine rolled his eyes, she was kinda annoying.

The dance finally ended, and some people left the dance floor. Irvine said good-bye to the girl, and tried to go over to Selphie.

"Irvine! Dance with me next!" A blonde hair girl ran up to Irvine.

"No, he's dancing with me!" A fat girl pushed the blonde girl down.

"He promised me!" Another girl ran up.

Soon, more girls rushed up, and they began to fight over Irvine.

Irvine backed up a little, and tried to get the girls to stop fighting. He didn't even know who some of them were.

"Uh, you can all get a dance, ok." That made them all stop fighting.

"Well, then, me next!" The fat girl walked up and grabbed Irvine's arm and dragged him to the dance floor.

"Ahhh! Please don't be a slow song, please don't be a slow song." Irvine begged in his thoughts.

"The next song is going to be our first slow song for tonight!" The DJ yelled into the microphone.

"NOOO!" Irvine screamed.

"What's wrong with a slow song? Don't you wanna dance with me?" The fat girl asked.

"Um, uh, er, it's not that, it's just I... I left something in my dorm." Irvine tried to think of a good excuse.

"You can get it later, now let's dance." The fat girl stepped on Irvine's toes while they danced.

"OUCH!" Irvine screamed out in pain.

"What!?" The fat girl started to get irritated.

"Nothing, nothing at all." Irvine said nervously, and scratch the back of his neck.

Rinoa sat next to Selphie. She felt so bad for her, so she decided to keep her company for a while. Besides, Squall didn't want to dance for a while anyway.

"Look, he's dancing with her, and look at her size." Selphie tried to avoid saying the word 'fat.'

"Haha, just look at his face, you can tell he doesn't want to dance with her. He's just being nice." Rinoa tried to comfort her friend.

"I'm never gonna get my chance to tell him tonight, I just know it."

"Don't say that, you'll get your chance soon." Rinoa took a sip of her punch.

"I hope so, I really hope so." Selphie sighed.

---

The end of the dance was nearing. There were only a few more songs left. Selphie had danced with Squall, Seifer, and Zell, even her and Rinoa went up there and danced a few times (no not a slow dance)! They made up their own little dance. It was small and a little crazy, but it was so fun. Squall felt sort of bad for her, and danced with her twice, so did Zell. Some of the male garden festival committee members danced with her too.

"I'm having so much fun!" Selphie took a seat next to Rinoa.

"Me too, I'm all worn out now." Rinoa took her hand and fanned herself.

"But, I'm gonna safe my last bit of energy for Irvy!" Selphie smiled, her friends knew how to cheer her up, and they did a great job at it.

"All right everyone, this is going to be the last dance for tonight, so find yourself a partner!" The DJ said a few minutes before he started the song.

Squall walked up to Rinoa, "May I have this dance?"

Rinoa stood up and went over to him, "Of course you may."

Squall smirked a little, and went to the dance floor with Rinoa.

Seifer and Quistis were already out there, and so were Zell and Elizabeth.

"I guess I won't get to dance with him tonight." Selphie thought to herself.

"I saved you the last dance." Selphie turned around and saw Irvine extended his hand for her.

"I thought you were still dancing with all the other girls."

"Nope, I told them all the last dance was reserved for a very special girl." Irvine gave his trademark smirk and he and Selphie walked to the dance floor together.

The lights dimmed and only a few lights were on, but enough to see. 'Dreaming of You' started to play.

-Lyrics to 'Dreaming of You'-

Late at night when all the world is sleeping
I stay up and think of you
And I wish on a star
That somewhere you are thinking of me too

Cause I'm dreaming of you tonight
Til tomorrow I'll be holding you tight
And there's nowhere in the world I'd rather be
Than here in my room dreaming about you and me

Wonder if you ever see me and
I wonder if you know I'm there
If you looked in my eyes
Would you see what's inside would you even care

I just wanna hold you close but so far
All I have are dreams of you
So I wait for the day (wait for the day)
And the courage to say
How much I love you (yes I do)

I'll be dreaming of you tonight
Til tomorrow I'll be holding you tight
And there's nowhere in the world that I'd rather be
Than here in my room dreaming about you and me

Late at night when all the world is sleeping
I stay up and think of you
And I still can't believe
That you came up to me and said I love you
I love you too

Now I'm dreaming with you tonight
Til tomorrow and for all my life
And there's nowhere in the world I'd rather be
Than here in my room
Dreaming with you endlessly

I'll be dreaming of you tonight
Til tomorrow I'll be holding you tight
And there's nowhere in the world that I'd rather be
Than here in my room dreaming about you and me

-End of Lyrics- (Remember, the song is still playing in the background).

"I love this song." Selphie wrapped her arms around Irvine's neck.

She had to stand on her tip toes a little to reach. Irvine put his arms around her tiny waist and slowly danced with her.

"It's really pretty, you pick out some good songs Sefie." Selphie blushed at his compliment.

"Thanks." Selphie laid her head on Irvine's chest.

"Selphie, now is your chance, tell him, tell him how you feel." Selphie thought to herself, now was a perfect time to tell him.

"Did you have fun tonight?" Irvine asked.

"Yeah, sorta. You?"

"Not until now. I wish I hadn't promised all those girls a dance." Irvine shook his head in shame.

"Why did you do it then?" Selphie lifted her head to look at him.

"They asked, and I didn't want to hurt any of their feelings."

"Aw, you're so sweet and sensitive." Selphie teased.

Irvine just chuckled a little bit, "You know, you look so beautiful tonight Sefie."

Selphie blushed again, "Well, you look good yourself too."

Irvine wore a button up dress shirt, and black dress pants, with black dress shoes to go with it.

"Squall let me borrow this outfit. I didn't have any decent clothes to wear. I don't like it too much."

"You look wonderful! You should dress up more often." It was the truth, Irvine looked great dressed up, and Selphie wanted to see it more often.

Selphie put her head back on his chest and began to think again, "Selphie, now is your chance. Go for it!"

"Irvine..."

"Yes, what is it?"

"Would you ever consider a girlfriend?" Selphie didn't want to look at his face, not yet that is.

"I don't know, I never thought about having one."

Selphie was surprised by his answer. She wasn't really expecting an answer like that, but she wasn't going to give up just yet.

"Irvine, would you ever want to date me?" Selphie crossed her fingers and hoped he would say yes.

"Selphie..."

Selphie gasped. He must not like her that way, she must have been all wrong. Selphie looked at his face.

"Irvine I love you and I want to be with you forever! Tell me! I want to know if you feel the same as me!" Selphie yelled, she wanted to know his answer.

Irvine looked away, he didn't want to look at her tear stricken face.

Selphie let go of Irvine, and backed away slowly. She was wrong, all wrong. He didn't love her, he could never love just one woman.

Tears now flowed freely down her face. She was heartbroken. Her only love has denied her. Selphie turned around and ran, ran past Zell and Elizabeth, ran past Seifer and Quistis, ran past Squall and Rinoa, and ran from Irvine.

Irvine stood there; shocked at what just happened. He did love Selphie, he really did. He wanted to be with her for the rest of his life too, but he just couldn't get the right words out to tell her, but Selphie ran away from him before he could tell her the same. He had waited his whole life for that moment, and now it was gone, and she was gone too. He had it all planned out, what he would say, what she would say, but when she told him she loved him, he was so surprised, and happy all at the same time. He regretted not telling her sooner.

The music slowly stopped, and everyone gathered their stuff and left, but Irvine stayed behind.

"Irvine, what happened, where's Selphie?" Rinoa ran up to him after the Autumn Ball was over.

"She...she told me she loved me, and I couldn't get the right words out, and she left. She left me..." Irvine struggled to hold his tears back.

"Oh Irvine, you have to go talk to her. Tell her you love her. You do, don't you?" Rinoa sat next to him.

"Yes, More then anything! I want to be with her forever, I want her to be by my side always, but she doesn't want me now, I've lost her."

"Then go tell her!"

"She's mad at me, you talk to her first, then I'll go. She might want to talk to you more then me." Irvine stood up, and left for his dorm.

Rinoa nodded and went to Selphie's dorm.

---

Selphie slammed the door behind her. She grabbed a backpack and opened up her drawers and stuffed some clothes in the bag. She went into the bathroom and grabbed her brush, tooth brush and tooth paste. She walked out of the bathroom, and grabbed her bag. She noticed laying on her bed was her teddy bear, her nuchukus, and her book she was currently reading at the moment. She grabbed all three of them and put them in her bag as well.

"I guess I should leave a note." Selphie took some paper and a pencil out and wrote a letter on it.

She walked out of her dorm, and locked the door. Before she left, she taped the note to the door and walked away from her dorm.

---

Rinoa ran to Selphie's dorm as fast as she could. When she arrived, she was appalled at what she saw. She ripped the letter from the door and read it.


'Dear Rinoa or anyone who is reading this,

I decided to leave the Garden for a few days, maybe even a week. It depends on if I feel like coming back. Please don't come looking for me. I'll be back shortly, I hope.

Love,
Selphie'

Rinoa almost cried while she read the letter. Selphie must have been so upset, she needed to get away from all her problems. Rinoa ran, she had to go find Squall, and the others to tell them about this.


To be Continued...

---

A/N: *Hides from angry mob* I'm sorry! I know they didn't get together, but I have the rest of the fanfic planned out in my head. You might not have liked this chapter, because of the little misunderstanding, I'm real sorry. And, Irvine wasn't being a jerk, I promise. Anyway, this has been the longest chapter so far, I'm actually quite proud of myself for writing something this long. Don't worry folks, this is an Irvine and Selphie fanfic, just give it some more time. The next chapter will come soon, bye.

-Cherry6124-