Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Bogged Down; Auron no Aijou ❯ Bogged Down; Auron no Aijou ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Bogged Down; Auron no Aijou

By Chibi "Auron" Magus

Disclaimer: I do not Own Tidus, Auron or any Final Fantasy X people, the are part of Square Soft. Though I wished I worked for Square..

NOTE: I wrote this on my stressful and depressing days of this fine cold day. This don't have anything to do with the Final Fantasy X storyline so I kinda made up a indepenate fic with Auron and Tidus mostly in it and unstable ground. I also got inspried form anthor fic to do it. But.. it's mostly goes around Auron. I beat FFX also but.. don't flame me how I potrayed him. Found the part at Djose temple were Yuna wakes up and the team makes fun of her in a cute matter. I thought it was cute. Plus I made Tidus have that Cool looking Brother Hood sword. Plus this is decited to a certain someone I knew in RL so there is a suprise part at the end. Enjoy.

There they stand. Survaying the marshlands. Tidus gazed over and smiled optimistcally. Yuna stood by Tidus as they gazed upon birds flying over head. Auron stood way back, not saying a word. He been depressed lately and did say to anyone what his problem was. He just shrugged or gave the occanional, "Hmmppphh....."

"Cheer up Auron!" Rikku called out, skipping like a school girl on a spring day. Auron didn't bother looking up. He just shrugged his shoulders. He fiddled with his wine jug and sighed. He walked with the party.

Soon day became nightfall. The team was miles away from a town or inn so they decsided to camp out in the marshlands. Tidus built a fire; while everyone but Auron sat around it. Auron leaned on a tree in the marsh and looked at everyone.

"It would've been easier on Chocobo," Tidus called out. "Chocobos couldn't manuver this swamp to well..." Wakka said. Auron ignored them. Tidus shurgged and looked over to Auron. "What's wrong with him?" He asked. "He's been like this eversince we arrived here.." Lulu said quietly. Yuna aggreed. "Auron depressed make Kimarhi depressed.." The blue Ronso warrior said. "Let Auron be." Wakka said. Tidus got up and walked over to Auron. The one eyed man payed no attention to the champion blitzball player. The moon casted a reflection from Auron's glasses made a glare into Tidus' face.

"Come back to camp with us, Auron.." Tidus asked the red clothed man. Auron gave no answear. Tidus walked closer to Auron. "Auron, please come." Tidus pleaded again.

"No..." Auron finnaly answeared, "I don't feel like it..." He said trying to find an excuse. Tidus shrugged and gave up. The happy blitzball player walked back to camp to rejoin the group. He sat down and looked over towards Auron. Auron just stood there, cold, quiet and mysteroius. Later on, everyone was fast asleep except Tidus. He just looked at Auron who magically disspeared. "Huh..?" Tidus wondered. He decided to get up and look for Auron himself, not bothering the others. He knew one way of the swamp was dangerous. "There is monsters and quicksand around here.." Tidus said to himself. He carried his sword along the marshy forest, hoping to find Sir Auron.

"I should go back to camp, but I must find Auron," Tidus said again to himself.

Faraway, deeper in the marshy forest, Auron walked alone. He looked down as he left fresh tracks in the mud from his boots. He sighed and then stopped to rest on a stone. He uncorked his jug and drank the condements in it. The he corked it back up and put it at his side. He sighed.

"Damn them..." He said to himself, "Endless serching and led to a swamp.. god dammit.." Auron gruffed to himself sadly. He felt like shedding a tear; though not many seen him cry. He was in his private area of the swamp. He tried to think of things to get his mind off depression.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"From The Temple of Djose when Yuna walks out of the temple from her rest of preying."

They all chuckled about Yuna sleeping in and "Bed Head" Auron chuckled also. Yuna approched him and asked why is everyone picking on her when it was just her sleping in. "Sir Auron you to?" She asked suprised. ".......as soon as Summoner Yuna fixes her hair..."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

That faded as Auron "Hmmppphed" about it and stood up. He decided to walk some more... away from the team. Away from Yuna, Wakka, Lulu, Kimahri, Rikku and even Tidus.

"Meh..." Auron scoffed. He walked further into the forest. The mud was deeper and thicker. Tidus saw Auron's foot prints and decided to follow them.

Low grolwing wa heard in the swamp.A Malboro weered it's ugly self from the murky deapths and presented it self infront of Auron.

"Now what..." The man in red said. He pushed up his sun glasses and pulled down the one side down of his garnet outfit and held his Masamune blade in a defensvie matter. "Just what I need..." He said again. Tidus climbed a near by tree and scanned around.

"No sighn of 'im!" He said, "It's midnite now, where could Auron be? I never seen him like this before, after all he kicked a few moogles and that cactaur that came up to himfor no reason."

The bright blitzball champ veiwed closer to see what is a Malboro and a garnet blob in the distance. Tidus squinted to get a better veiw.. It was Auron, fighting alone with a Malboro!

"AURON!!" Tidus screamed at the top of his lungs which could wake the dead. He quickly took out his beatiful coloured sword; the Brother Hood, and made a mad dash to the battle.

Auron glared at the monster. The Malboro drooled and gave a snarl. It's saliva reeked as much as the swamp and it self (The Malboro).

Auron ran to the Malboro and slashed it, createing damage. The mutant plant gave a painful roar and lashed it's tentcals at the Mighty Auron. Just then, Tidus came in to join the battle.

"Auron!!" Tidus said happily, "I am glad you are ok!" Auron did look up at Tidus. He just slahed at the beast again. "Let me help!" Tidus said as he took his turn at chopping the Malboro. All Auron answeared was, "......". With one more slash, Auron slayed the Malboro, even with Tidus' help, when he didn't need it. "We did it!!" Tidus yelled to Auron and smilied. "...I didn't need your help, kid..." Auron uttered out harshly to Tidus. "You could've been killed by it!" Tidus screeched. "Feh.." Auron said, "I don't need help from you or anyone..." He carried on to say not bothering to pull up the slevee of his crimson coloured garmet. "But.." Tidus seemed to whine like a ten year old. "Stop crying..." Auron said coldly.

"Auron..."

"I said stop it!"

"But.. I.." Tidus said again.

Auron turned to the young lad. He glared at Tidus with his one eye. The scar was also scary to Tidus when Auron was this angry, or was it depressed?

"Leave me be... what are you gonna do? Cry?" Auron snapped again. That sounded fimilar to Tidus. "You sound like my old man..." Tidus said lowering his head. Auron scoffed and walked off not careing. Tidus gasped. "Auron! Don't go there! you might run into more Malboros or get into quicksand!"

Auron ignored Tidus' crys. He was fruitlessly yelling at Auron to listen. It wasn't gonna help. "I don't care, dammit.." Auron said as his voice died out as he disapeared into the darkness. Tidus said sadly.

"Auron.." He said almost as a squeak. He lowered his head down and started to head back to camp.

Auron was in the swampy area. It wasn't safe for human, Guado or Chocobo. Auron didn't care, he let it slide off his back like water on a duckling. He said nothing and carried on walking. The mud was thick like pudding. Auron's feet have gotten stuck in the mire. He scoffed. "Just my luck, I rather be killed by Sin or squashed by a Shoopuf.." He made attemps to free him self. No luck. The more he tried to struggle to free his feet, it seemed like he was being pulled into the muck. He had no one to help him. But he had one idea. Maybe It could work. He was four feet away from soild, swampy terra firma. He gouged his masamune into the ground and tried to pull him self onto land.

"Easy does it.." He said to him self trying to lift his body onto the solid ground. The sword leaned the oppsite dirrection of Auron and fell onto the ground with a CLANG! Auron was throw back from it and was deeper in the quicksand; only up to his knees.

"Oh damn.." Auron said. He would call out for help, but no one was near. Not to his knowlegde. No Yuna to save him, No Kimhari, No Wakka, Rikku or Lulu. No one. Not even Tidus. It was hopless.

He was now waist deep in the quicksand. He gave up on struggling; it'll make him sink faster. Tidus was a few feet away from the area where there was quicksand. "AURON?!" He called out. Auron herd the cry for his name but he just thought he was imanging it. He long given up hope. His depression was swallowing him up like the bog he was in. Auron just lowered his head and sighed. Not like him, he felt like letting it out, just before his doom of muck and mire. "I ain't gonna get saved, to hell with all.. I'll let quicksand and depression swallow me up whole. I'll be in hell in no time.." Auron said to himself.

"AURON!!!" Tidus shouted louder. His voice echoed through the swamp. "There it is again, must be death callin' me.." He said, "Or maybe someone came to me."

Tidus came upon the area where there was quicksand. He didn't know what to do. He saw Sir Auron, bogged down and only up to his chest now. "AURON!!! I'll come and save you!" Tidus said. "Meh.." Auron said, "You came back... I thought death was callin'.." Tidus tried not to get himself tangled into the quicksand himself. He reached for a vine and held it like a lasso rolled up. "Auron!" Tidus shouted. He took a rock and threw it in front of him. It sank like pirate ship into the water. Tidus then tied the vine around his waist into a sucure knot.

"Tidus what are you doing..?" Auron asked shocked. He was now up to his armpits. Poor Auron.

"I'm savin' ya!" Tidus said cheerfully. He tied the other end of the vine to a strong tree and dove into the gloomy bog. Auron was suprised. He was speechless.

"I..I.." Is what came out of Auron's mouth. "Give me your hand, Auron," Tidus said. Auron did so, grasping the young boy's hand. "Now.." Tidus said as he kept a tight hold of Auron's hand and pulled himself and the man in red onto terra firma. Soon, after the quicksand hell, Tidus and Auron were on dry land. Auron picked up his Masamune and scoffed.

"Now what?! Atleast be thankful that I saved you!" Tidus yelled. Both were covered in mud from the quicksand.

Auron chuckled then a full blown laugh. Tidus was confused. "What is so funny?!" Tidus asked scracthing his head. "You..." Auron said laughing. "Me?!" Tidus asked suprised. "Yes you..." Auron added, "You are covered in mud from the quicksand." Tidus smirked. He couldn't hold the laughter in any longer.

"Well so are you!" Both laughed. Then before sunrise and going back to camp.. Auron and Tidus sat somewere free of mud and bogs.

"Why were you so depressed Auron?" Tidus asked. "Many things..." Auron gruffed. He hid his feelings but couldn't hold the tears. A tear rolled down his cheek. Tidus looked at him. "Are you crying..?" Tidus asked again. He came over to Auron and whiped them away. Tidus hugged Auron. He hugged the man in red. Auron was suprised. "You are more like a father to me Auron.." Tidus said, "You watched over me, you knew my old man.." Auron stopped Tidus from talking and smiled. He hugged Tidus back. Soon, it was near morning...

The two headed back to camp laughing and playfully shoving each other. Everyone woke up tp the cheerful duo. Kimarhi yawned showing his fangs. "Tidus and Auron happy, Kimarhi happy," The two were still covered in muck and mire. Wakka crossed his arms and smirked.

"Auron was bogged down, ya?" He said. Yuna walked over to Auron and whiped some of the mud off his face. "Poor Sir Auron." She said hugging the garnet cloaked ronin. Tidus crossed his arms and chuckled. The whole party laughed.

Then towards the after noon, the whole party headed out of the swamp and to a town, maybe an inn so Auron and Tidus could clean up? Auron and Tidus walked together, kinda like in a father and son matter. Both smiled at each other and followed the rest.

Well I hope you liked it! If you want more e-mail me or say in the reviews!! Please no flames! This is deicadated to my Father in The Real world who died on Januray 31, 2001

Story started - Januray 31

Story ended - Febuary 4

Written while listing to

_______________

Blitz off! - Final Fantasy X OST

Commander Yammark - Mega Man X6

Aeirth's theme - Final Fantasy OST