Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Doll House ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Zell?" Squall called, when the door to the balcony slid open. 'Doesn't look like he's up here.' He noted mentally, but he still called for him. "Zell?!"

Looking around, Squall walked to the edge of the balcony and looked over the wall thinking maybe Zell would have been hanging on for dear-life or something, but he wasn't there. 'Shit.' Looking around on the other side, he tried again. "Zeelll!" It's a small area. He can't exactly hide.

...

"Squall?" I asked myself, knowing full-well it was his voice I heard. "Squall, where are you?" I kept my voice low so that the owner wouldn't hear me.

Walking around the corner of the house Pamela told me about, I found the stairs to the attic. I looked up seeing a chain, and knew it was over.

"How the hell am I supposed to reach that?"

I looked around with my eyes first and saw a side table with a lamp in it. 'This kid needs decorating skills.' I thought blankly. I walked over to it, and shoved the lamp aside. I then pushed it under the chain.

"All right..." I climbed on top of the small table and reached it - barely - but I got there. "Keep calling me, Squall. I'm comin'."

When my fingers touched the chain I tried to get a grip around the end of it, but they were frozen solid now. I couldn't wrap my hand around it like I need. 'Maybe if I clamp them together and hop to get it..?' I wondered.

"Whoa." I fell to the floor bringing the ladder with me but luckily the table stopped it's path to the floor, which would have crushed my eyeball clean into my skull. "Phew. Let me at least make it in one piece."

Standing up I pushed the table out of the way so the stair ladder fell completely to the floor; hurriedly I started up them.

"Squall." I said when I reached the top and stood on the solid wooden floor. "Squall, can you hear me?"

Please say I can get out of here from. A window! I ran over to it, looking out. I can see him! He's on the balcony! "Squall!" I banged on the window to get his attention. "Squuuall!" I looked the window over and grabbed the frame tugging. "Rrrrhhhh...Cccccome ooonnnn!"

My finger slipped off it so quickly I thought I may have broken one. "Shit. I chipped my paint. On top of that, I can't open this window with my fingers glued together."

"Zell are you up here somewhere?" I heard Squall asking.

"Yeees! I'm here!" I said back, but he was just walking around looking as though he may have known something, but the fact that I wasn't there left him clueless. "Squa-..."

"He can't hear you, ya know?"

I gasped, and jumped out of my skin. I turned around to see a girl my age, sitting in the corner of the attic. She has on a Trabian uniform, and she looked as though she'd just gotten here. Maybe a few days before me, because her face has gone completely doll.

"How do you know?" I asked both in disbelief that she could have lost hope, and that she has the gall to bring mine down as well.

"I called to you, but you didn't hear me." She replied.

I walked over to her and sat down, looking her in the eyes. If she could see me, I can't tell. Her eyes are glossed-over. "When?"

"Before you jumped over the balcony to get into the dollhouse."

My memory flashed back to before I got into this hell house, and I don't recall hearing anyone call me, except for those two little girls. "How is it that I see the balcony from this window, if I came from the wall?" I asked.

"The house is covering the garden; the only way out is through the attic. No one's been able to get this far like you and I have..." She paused, and turned her movable dead-eyes at me. "I was here visiting Selphie when it happened, and I've been gone for days now."

"Wow." Was all I could think to say. I shook my head standing up. "Mm-mm, no. I'm not giving up - I'm gonna get you, me, and Pamela out of here, baby!" I felt powerful. I felt incharge of the safety for the people in this house all up until...

"How?" She asked me.

I sank back down beside her like a deflated balloon. "I don't know." Gotta think of a plan,. If I can't pull the window open then maybe I could... "That's it!" I jumped up, and glanced back at her as I ran to the stairs. "Stay here, I've got an idea."

I ran back downstairs and into the nearest room I could find. "Aahh!" I jumped back so far that I was in the hallway again in an instant. I glanced inside cautiously. "Oh." I let out a heavy sigh. "It's just some dolls." I walked into the room on high alert. My path was over to a table. I grab a porcelain vase carefully with both my hands on each of its rounded sides. "This might be what I need to break that window."

When I turned around I got an unexpected surprise. The dolls had moved! They were blocking the door way now! There was a creepy looking red headed doll, holding a tray of fake baked cookies. Another red-head doll was holding a cutting knife. The black-haired doll was still at the table, which also was surprisingly close to me.

"Hah hah, hey, guys... uh, gals.." He corrects. "Nice day we're having huh?" I asked them. I felt sick as I could have sworn one of them blinked. "I'm just gonna go out the door...One doll to another, right?"

They didn't seem to understand; it sounded as though Squall was leaving - or someone was coming?! When I glanced up at the ceiling, the dolls moved closer to me.

"Stay back! I've got a vace..." I threatened. I held it over my head, but unfortunately it slipped out of my hindered grip. It shattered against the floorboards at my bare feet. "Uh-oh." I groaned, looking down. I really wish that I hadn't looked away, because seconds later I was burried in them...

"You shouldn't have tried to run away, now you're gonna pay...heh heh heh." Trapped.