Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Doll House ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Nooo!" I shouted nearly at the top of my lungs.

The owner of the twisted house was practically shoving plastic doll food down my throat. I was doing everything I could to keep my lips tightly sealed so nothing would get through, but she poked me on my neck making me cry-out in pain.

"You're hungry, dolly. Eat your dinner, or no dessert." She shook one of the motherly-looking dolls at the table to indicate that she had spoke to me. She giggled at my expression. That horrible childish giggle... I hate it! I want to scream, but I was suddenly gagged on a plastic cookie. "Yum yum."

Kicking my feet wildly, and straining my wrist against the shackles around them did nothing to free me. I don't think it would have been the case in the real world, but here - all semi-dolled-up - I'm weak. I'm taped to the chair by the wrist and ankles, so getting out from this confinement was impossible. Spitting the cookie from my mouth, I started shouting at the little girl again.

"You dumb loser! Let me go!" Okay so my mocking was a little weak towards girls - I couldn't help it! Ma me too well.

"Now-now, don't talk back to your mother." She responded through the doll.

"You are..." I paused and corrected myself. "She is not my Ma! Rrrr..." I struggled to try again to break free. "So let me go!" I began to rock in my seat in protest, but I wound up falling back instead.

"Heeheehee, you're funny brother." One of the younger looking, female dolls was made to say.

"I'm not your brother!"

"Uh-oh, looks like I have to go find another dolly. You stay here and eat your dinner, or no dessert." She stood my chair back upright; I was tempted to bite her oversized finger right through to bone, but she moved it away too quickly. "Be nice, and I'll give you a present." With that the owner backed out of the room and left me alone with my fake family.

"You won't get out of here boy." The woman doll said.

"Whoa! You can talk?!" I was blown away, how was this possible?

"Of course we can, boy. And you will never escape..." The younger doll said to me.

"That's what you think." I leaned myself over and started to gnaw on the tape at my hands which had gone complete doll by now, and my legs weren't too far away from being next. "Rrrrr...cooome ooonn." I struggled to even get my teeth in a good grip underneath the tape line. I couldn't give up there has to be a way.

I am in a kicthen, maybe I could use one of the knives...? Hello! Plastic knives aren't gonna do it. Damn. What hope do I have? This thing could leave Garden any day now, and I'd be stuck in here as a doll forever... Nope. Gotta stay positive. It's losing endurance that gets people stuck in the first place. But what can I do? Ohhh somebody help me. I whined mentally. Anybody.

Back in Balamb Garden.

Squall was getting ready for bed, but he had to shower first. 'Where could Zell be?' He wondered while getting undressed. 'No ones seen him all day, or the most of yesterday. So where is he?' Dropping his shirt to the floor, he then climbed into the tub. He slid his finger up a touchscreen temperature panel until it reached the second red block. The water gushed out on him and flooded his body with acceptably pleasing warmth. A sigh escaped his mouth.

'If he's not back by tomorrow, should I call the police?' He wondered. 'Would they even know what to do? They usually don't... But could I take most of the garden out looking for just one person - no, it's not just any one person, this is Zell we're talking about. People like him don't just go missing with out someone holding them against their will...'

"Heeheehee."

Squall jumped a little hearing the sudden laugh, mostly because it had sounded so close - too close! "Selphie?" He asked, rubbing the smoke from the glass door of the shower.

"Hee hee." Was all he'd heard in response.

"This isn't funny, Selphie."

"I'm not Selphie." A voice said, young and female.

Squall heard the sound of little footsteps moving around. Looking harder through the blurring fog; he waves his hand trying to move the smog away. He saw a form on the other side of the bathroom moving towards him. Short and quick. He reached up snapping it shut from the crack that had just been made in it by whatever it was on the other end grabbing it.

"Heeheehee, you're funny." The glass had begun to welt in the middle and a clear face was beginning to mold its way through!

'What the fu-...?' He moved back an inch from the door so that whatever the creature was wouldn't touch his bare skin.

"I want you to play with me." The girl said to him before backing out of the glass door. "Then I'll have two new friends." She commented. "One blonde, and one brown." It was as though she were trying to give Squall clues to the fact that she was hiding something he wanted.

'A blond one? Could she mean.' His haw dropped. "Zell." He barely said above a whisper.

"Is that his name?" She asked and the gunblader heard all he'd needed.

"What have you done with him, you little brat!?" Squall spat.

The little girl didn't seem to take well to that one.

"My new doll is fun. He screams a lot and kicks like an action-figure. You should come and play with us. He's really lonely." She started to leave the room.

"Wait!" He leapt from the shower, and grabbed the clothes he'd hung over the bar.

Soaked flesh is quickly covered by clothing, then bolted out into his room and down the hall. When he reached the main area of the school he paused.

'Where'd she go?' He looked around the hall in both directions seeing and hearing nothing, until the tiny laugh rang out of nowhere in the direction of the stairs.

Squall ran as fast as he could to catch up to her, but it was as though the little girl was on rollerskates, she was sailing at an amazing speed. When he reached the elevator he pushed the button needlessly hard, as if he was hoping the stupid thing could feel his urgency to get to the second floor. When the elevator doors re-opened he stepped out and saw the child running towards the classroom area, he dashed after her.

"Heeheehee! Fun! Fun! You're so fun!" She laughed childishly to him.

'Faster, faster.' He coached himself.

When she swung open the door to the balcony to exit; Squall then shoved it too, as it was coming back to close on him. He tore up the stairs two at a time and burst through opening at the top one the door slid open for him.

"This way." She said and leapt over the edge.

Squall ran to the edge of the balcony expecting to see the little girl hanging on for dear-life, but she wasn't there. "Where'd she go?" He asked himself. 'She couldn't have just disappeared...' He cocked his head. He figured he might as well give it a try.

Placing one foot over the side, he felt around for anything to support him while he lowered himself down to whatever he was getting himself into.

When his foot felt the space underneath him, it was as though something was below. But it was not sturdy enough to actually support him. He looked over his shoulder and down at his foot. He saw that there was something there, something that he couldn't see well. However he does feel it.

'Well... I've lived a full life.' He thought. He then released the edge of the building allowing himself to drop...