Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Endless Crisis ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Endless Crisis: Chapter 5

~~~

"She beautiful... Who is she?" Tifa commented as she placed a hand on the warm glass.

"Her name is Evangeline..." David said slowly, regret thick in his voice as he spoke. "She was there at the spot where North Crater is now located the day that Jenova fell from the sky, she was the one that keep our people together as we died, and she nearly gave her life to save this planet."

"Wait... 'where North Crater is now located'... what the hell does that mean?" Cid asked.

"Places can't move!" Barret cried out.

The image sighed and shook his head, "If I had more time, I'd explain all this stuff to you now. But sadly things are about to get crazy and I need to wake Evvie up so she can deal with it."

"Wait, what's going to happen? How could you know if something is going to happen?!" Vincent demanded, the lack of information was being to get to the ex-Turk.

"And why can't we handle this!?" And now Cloud was pissed. Great.

"Because, Evvie can stop this person without killing them..." A loud explosion sounded off in the distance, shaking the foundation of the building. Everyone jumped and pulled out their weapons. "Damn, looks like we have less time than I thought. Biggie, launch the Emergency Abort Program NOW!"

The little robot all but screamed as he rushed over to the tube, popping open a small panel near the bottom as he moved. As quick as he could, the little robot punched in a code. The tube gave off a loud whine before it started beeping like made. Biggie screamed and ran to the other side of the room as the tube began to hiss. Just as everyone began to lower their weapons the tube crashed open with near deafening 'THUD'. Everyone jumped back and watched in muted horror as the liquid and woman came pouring out suddenly. The woman came to a stop in the middle of the floor, still half covered by the goo that had settled in a puddle on the floor. It wasn't until she started coughing up the liquid in her lungs did the group react and attempted to go help the poor thing.

"I'd stay away if I were you..." Dan warned. "Evvie can be a little cranky when she gets up..."

The group stopped at the warning and watched as Biggie made his way back across the room. But it wasn't him that stopped them. It was the fairly large metal pipe he was carrying. Carefully he set the pipe next to the sputtering woman, very carefully so that she wouldn't attack him instead. Very slowly Evangeline pushed herself up on shaky arms, dry hacking as she gazed at the floor dispassionately.

Perhaps dispassionately is the wrong word for the look on her face.

She looked pissed.

Faster than anyone could blink, Evangeline grabbed the pipe and threw it at Daniel. Thankfully it merely passed through him before imbedding itself two inches into the wall beside him. "Another reason I'm thankful not to have a real body anymore..." he muttered to himself as he watched Evangeline push herself into a sitting position.

"Would it have killed you to let me sleep for five more minutes!!!? I finally fell asleep!!!" she yelled.

"Okay, first off, I'm dead Evvie. So it wouldn't kill me. Secondly, we have company," Dan answered, pointing at the shocked group behind her. A child-like confused look crossed Evvie's face as she turned to look at Cloud and the others. For a very long moment all she did was stare at them, slowly blinking like she was attempting to see into their very souls.

Then she screamed.

"Holy crap we've been invaded by video game characters!!!!~!" she yelled as she attempted to throw herself backwards, only to land with a loud splash a few inches away.

"Evvie, focus!" Daniel yelled, drawing Evangeline's attention to him. "Remember the conversation we had before you getting frozen? You know, about the future and how the video game wasn't just a video game?!"

"NO! I remember you shoving me in a freaking tube after I had my ass handed to me by a chick with tentacles coming out her back!" Evvie yelled back at the image. Another explosion rocked the building, sending Yuffie to the floor alongside Evvie. "Welcome to the party, having fun yet?"

"Tons, when to do we start dancing?" Yuffie answered sarcastically.

"Soon at this rate. What the hell is going on up there!?" Daniel muttered. "Biggie, bring up the cameras!"

The robot chirped and punched buttons on the wall, causing a screen to suddenly appear close to where Daniel was standing. The city was dark for the most part, whatever had caused the explosions had set what little was left in that area on fire so everything was light with a red glow. Two blurs were seen for a split second, one red and one black. The two clashed again, setting off another explosion as they fought. The two paused a moment, each one on the opposite side of the screen.

"Sephiroth!!!" Cloud yelled out.

"What!"

"Who's the other guy?!"

"Huh..." Evangeline said thoughtfully, "I didn't know Genesis was going to be here too..."

"Yeah... that's a new one on me..." Daniel replied. Everyone looked over at the two of them, Evvie sitting on the floor and Dan standing next to her, trying to understand what they were talking about. "Ummm... maybe you should explain this, being that games were your area of things..."

"Genesis is 'G'... long story short they knew each other in SOLDIER," Evvie answered in a very bored tone. "Genesis hates, or did hate, Sephiroth because of the fact that Sephiroth because famous for the Wutai war while he got nothing. He was sealed away in a cave... not too far from here to protect the planet until the fight with Omega woke him up... I think."

"How do you know that?!" Vincent demanded, the only person that knew about the 'G' Reports were Reeve.

Again the building rocked. "There'll be plenty of time to explain all this once all this is taken care of. Someone needs to distract the two of them while Evvie here gets her shit together."

"Why do we need to wait for her!?" Cid barked.

"I believe that was explained already..." Reeve stated smugly.

A door opened off to the left, unseen before due to the stark whiteness of the room. "Follow this corridor to the end, Biggie will open up one of the escape hatches near where these two are fighting. Evangeline will be along shortly," Daniel stated, pointing down the grey hall.

"I'll stay here with Cait Sith and help them prepare," Reeve said.

Everyone began leaving the room, Barret was first down the hall since he was aching for a fight. Cloud stopped, worrying about their safety should Sephiroth manage to get passed them. "What about you guys?"

"Don't worry about us. This place was built as the last stronghold for humanity, and only one being has ever broken in here... and trust me, they didn't leave alive." Daniel watched as Cloud dashed out of the room, Biggie hot on his heals as he attempted to keep up with the blonde. Again he turned to the screen, watching as two more figures moved into the image behind Genesis. "Do you think it was a good idea not to tell them about Weiss and Nero being alive?"

"Nah, I think they've got this handled," Evvie commented as she took Reeve's out stretched to pull herself up. "You seem to be taking this well."

"I had a feeling they were still alive to be honest..." Reeve said as he watched another door opened to an adjacent room. "But I do wonder why you need a distraction..."

"A very good reason," Evvie said as she passed Reeve and walked into the room. Inside the walls were covered in many different weapons; guns, bombs, swords, daggers, and numerous others in all directions. Evangeline passed all of them and continued walking to the very back. Two twin blades hung on the wall with a low table set in between them. Carefully she lifted a small vial and held it before her, gazing into the light blue depths. "I need them to distract Sephiroth long enough to administer the cure to him..."

~~~

MM.org Review:

Gray Phoenix: Nope, this is a completely different story, but I did write both of them. This one was caused by a forum argument on why Sephiroth's Super Nova had all of our planets in it... Sadly thou, In the End is now on hold.... I have really bad writer's block and I'm tired of pissing people off on the internet because of the story. But I haven't givin' up hope on it yet!

A special thanks to the newest watchers: Dark Arwen and mirrorshine!