Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Ephemeral Existence ❯ Intermission: Huh? What? Nani? ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ephemeral Existence
A C/S Story
Warnings: Intermission
Disclaimer: I don't own. Phooey.
Intermission: Huh? What? Nani?
“What kind of projects are you working on?” he asked softly; it was an innocent question, not meant to be taken offensively, but his companion did anyway.
“Hmm,” was the only response; it was tingled with slight annoyance.
“Are you going to answer me?”
Silence. All he could hear was the hum of the computer and the swift movements of the silver-haired man's fingers.
“Sephiroth?”
Shut up,” the other man hissed.
“Huh?”
“I said, `Shut up'!”
“What?” A rebellious smirk.
He turned around, glaring at his best friend. “I know you heard me, Fair.”
“Touché,” remarked `Fair'. “Depends if I want to listen to you.”
“You've never listened to me; you're always bothering me with your nonsense!”
“I wouldn't call it nonsense; I wouldn't have asked if it was…” he trailed off. “It's just that, I'm…well, it may sound selfish of me, but I'm bored.”
“Hmm, too bad for you then?”
“Unless you do something about it, like you know, getting me a room, so I won't bother you.”
“That can be arranged.”
“Really?” Excitement. Happiness.
Silence.
“Huh?”
“Sephiroth, do you mean it?”
“What?”
“You're ignoring me, aren't you?”
“I don't want to listen to you rambling on and on.”
“…Did I say that you have to listen to me?”
“…Just shut up.”
He won victoriously; Zack couldn't wait to tell Angeal.
~Fin~
--
I adore those two, honestly. Anyway, the next REAL chapter of EE is in progress, but I fear I may need to rewrite most, if not all, of it. So I put this intermission in to sate you guys over the weekend. Hope you like it.
The ~Fin~ does NOT mean the end of EE. Don't take it that way.