Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Eye of the Storm ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Eye of the Storm

Disclaimer: I do not own Final Fantasy Tactics nor the characters I'm using, I just used them, that's all..

A male wizard, female priest and female knight walked into the bar at Zarghidas Trade City, the group(which consisted of them, their leader, who was just called Ramza by them all, and a bunch of others) had decided to take a break, being that it was the only closest city they could find.

The female priest sat at the bar counter, sighing heavily. "I am tired.." she said, pulling back her hood and looked at the wizard, who was giving her that `so am I look' from under that large hat of his.

"Stop complaining Rosa."

The priest(also called a white mage) blinked, giving the knight a slight glare.

"Hey, hey Rosa," said the wizard(also called a black mage). "Calm down, you priest or whatever you want to be called. You should be more.. nice then that!"

"Oh look who's talking Mr. Black-Mage-Wizard.-Man! If you were still an archer /then/ maybe I'd be nicer.."

"Stop fighting with her Barton.."

Rosa and the wizard glanced over at their group leader and sighed. "But it's our way of showing our friendship!"

"I don't care," he said, leaning against the bar counter, looking down at them. "We just got back from.. saving that Cloud guy," he said, glancing towards a table, where a spikey headed blond was and then looked back at the knight, wizard and priest.

The bar tender walked over. "Are any of you looking for a paying job?"

Barton looked at the bar tender. "Paying job?" he asked, with a slight gleam in his glowing yellow eyes, from beneath the hat and Rosa sighed.

"Zoey," she said, to the knight. "He's getting an idea!"

"Let him.." she said, with a laugh. "Lets see what the bar tender has to offer!"

The tender looked at the three. "Well, listen here.. The job description is right on this--" he was cut off when Barton grabbed the paper and began to read it.

"Job: Defeat Whirlwind Karz.. Heh.. Karz, cool name.." he scanned through it. "Wanted: Bebesta Karz, aka "Whirlwind Karz". He has been seen in town. Huge reward for his head."

"Does that mean all we have to do is cut off his head?" asked Rosa, while fixing her hair, re-braiding the bottom.

Zoey laughed to herself. "Oh yeah, just the job for me and my sword!"

"But.." Barton said, in a disheveled tone. "Its 11000 gil to take the job.. Do we have that much?"

The three looked at Ramza, who was busy thinking about something.

Rosa walked over to him. "Ramza.."

He looked at the priest. "What is it?"

"Can we borrow 11000 gil? We'll pay you back after we finish the job we take.."

He sighed, looking at the other two, who were looking down at him, Zoey grinning and he knew that Barton was too. "Fine," he said, with a heavy sigh. "Vera is holding onto all the gil we get, go bother her.."

"Thank you!" The cleric made her way over to the female archer, who was trying to get Cloud to talk to her.

"C'mon, buddy, ya gotta let out something, so speak up to me, Vera the mighty!"

"Hey, Vera, give me 11000 gil.."

"No way!"

"Ramza said I could borrow it.."

"Ya paying it back?"

"Yes, I am.."

Vera grumbled, reaching into a notch of her quiver, taking out a bulky bag, looking through it and handed the cleric the amount needed. "Here.." she counted the gil left. "We only have 2000 gil left thanks to you!"

"You mean thanks to Barton!"

*********

"Man, this is boring!"

"Shut up Barton!" yelled Rosa, who was ready to clunk him over the head with her staff and she gave him a warning glare and he said nothing else.

"Quit it you two," came Zoey's calm tone and they looked at her. She was sitting under a tree in the town square, eyes closed. She looked at peace. "Stay quite, we only have eight more days to catch him.. Thanks to Barton, who said we'd catch him in ten days, what if we don't?"

Barton shrugged. "Oh well.."

The sound of partying came from a few houses. "The others of this `catch Whirlwind Karz' team sure are having fun, making us keep on guard."

Rosa clonked the whining Barton upside the head with her Staff of Zeus. "If he comes you're going to be his first target.."

Barton grabbed his hat, which had fallen off after being hit upside the head and put it back on, face enveloped by shadows once again and he sighed. "Much better.."

Rosa looked at Zoey. "I'm going to go look around town, I'll be back in a bit.."

Barton watched the cleric slowly walk off and looked at Zoey. "You're letting /her/ go alone!?"

"Want to join her?" inquired Zoey, who opened one of her green eyes to look at him. "I think she'd like you're company.."

"R.. really?" he asked.

"No.."

He collapsed, in a fit of sheer upsetness. He stood and stalked over to the resting knight, yelling. "DON'T GET MY HOPES UP LIKE THAT!!!"

Zoey opened an eye, again, looking at him calmly. "Shut up and sit down.. I say Whirlwind Karz won't be here till the 9th night.."

"How do you know?"

"Intuition, Barton.. We women have that.."

She heard a loud Kweh from the barn next to the inn. "The chocobos believe that to.."

"How do you know that?"

She shrugged, eyes closed again. "Just do.." She punched his arm, causing him to flail them as he fell off the high rock he was sitting on and fall to the ground with a gruesome thud. Her eyes opened and she stood, walking around the rock. "O.. oh no!! ROSA! Rosa we need a cure spell!"

The white mage had returned just as her name was called and the frantic knight, who looked like she was freaking out, ran over and dragged the poor priest over to where the unconscious Barton lay, X's in for his eyes.

"What did you /do/ to him!?"

"A.. all I did was punch his arm and he went `ka-klunk' on the ground and then there was a crack.."

"Did you /kill/ him?!"

"I don't know!!!!!"

Rosa knelt, touching his neck for a pulse and let out a terrifying scream. "YOU KILLED HIM!! I DON'T KNOW THE REVIVE SPELL YET!!!"

Zoey looked around. "We need a damn chemist!!!"

A bulb appeared over Rosa's head. "You used to be a chemist, you should still know the item ability, do you?"

"Uhh.." Zoey blinked, thinking, tapping her chin. "No.."

WHAM!!!!

The knight found herself face first into a tree, from Rosa's rage. Rosa had swung the staff as hard as she could, and accidentally casted a flare spell along with the hit.

"B.. birdie.. look at the dancing chocobo's.."

Rosa heaved out a breath and looked at Barton, who has swirlies for eyes now and she stormed into a house, growling. "I NEED A CHEMIST WHO KNOWS HOW TO USE A PHEONIX DOWN!!!"

Everyone silenced at the enraged priest and a woman stepped forward. "I know that--"

"No time for talk!"

Rosa grabbed her arm and pulled the poor chemist outside and over to Barton. "USE THE ITEM!!!"

The female chemist took a feather from her pack and set it on Bartons chest. "Pheonix Down!"

The once `dead' black mage came back to reality and sat up, looking around. "Ah! Rosa you're dead to?!"

The cleric pointed her staff at his face. "DON'T SCARE ME LIKE THAT AGAIN!!!"

Zoey was out cold from the incident with the tree and Barton looked over. "AH, god! What did you do?!"

"Hit her for killing you.."

He looked at her, blinking, confused.

****

The 9th Day

****

The group was packing up there stuff when a loud howl came from the entrance to the city.

Zoey looked up, Barton was confused and Rosa had an idea on who it was. "I think he's here.."

They watched as a rather /tubby/ looking man made his way towards them.

"/THIS/ is Whirlwind Karz?!"

Rosa threatened to hit Barton with her staff. "Shut up!"

"Man, he's so fat he makes all the fat people look skinny!"

A tree made contact with Barton and he was crushed under it.

"I told you to shut up you dumb idiot!"

"H.. hurt.."

She sighed, heavily, Zoey helping her push the tree off. "Cure 2.."

Barton stood, looking at her. "Ow.."

"Idiot," she muttered and they looked at Karz, who was a few feet away from them and Barton was ready to have another outburst against how /fat/ Karz looked.

"Say a thing about his weight and I'll flare you into next year.."

Barton looked at her, adjusting his hat. "Rosa, you can /flare/ me whenever you want.."

"P.. Pervert!"

KA-FOOSH

Karz was sent backwards as Barton was thrown into him and Zoey blinked, edging away from the fuming mage. "R.. Rosa.. C.. calm down.."

She didn't listen and she made her way over to where Barton was and grabbed him, by the collar of his black mage out, lifting him up. "You are /such/ a pervert!"

Karz was watching, eye twitching.

Rosa looked at him, dropping Barton, who was a bit in shock from the entire being thrown by a woman bit.

"And /you/!!!" she yelled.

Barton watched as the poor man was being beat with the Staff of Zeus until he was down to a bloody pulp.

Rosa sighed, smiling innocently. "I fell better! All we have to say in our report it that he was tough and Ramza will think we had to /fight/ for once, without having him to come to our aid!!!"

"Whoo-hoo!" cried Barton.

As they cleaned up the bloody mess Rosa noticed a treasure chest. "Hey, Zoey, go and check it out.."

Barton was dusting off his hat. "Why not me?"

"Because I trust Zoey more, you baboon!" she yelled, at the black mage.

He sighed as Zoey walked over to the large chest and opened it, without effort at all.

She let out a sound of surprise, taking out a large back, opening it. "Woo! Look at all this gil!"

"I see this is our reward, huh?"

Barton shoved the knight away and grabbed the bag. "I'll keep hold of it until we get back to the bar and report!"

"NO WAY!" both women yelled at him, Zoey unsheathing her sword and Rosa holding her staff above her head.

**********

Ramza watched as the three on the assignment returned on the 10th day. Rosa had a defiant smile on, Zoey was yawning and Barton was bandaged up.

"W.. what happened out there?" he asked, a bit surprised at how much pain Barton must be in.

Rosa gave him a small, mocking salute. "And I start the report.." She cleared her throat. "We left the bar the day we were assigned to.. We joined the party to beat Whirlwind Karz.."

"I had a good feeling!" Zoey said, smiling.

"He was a tough opponent," Rosa said, looking at Barton. "As you can see by how he hurt Barton pretty badly.."

Barton looked ready to die.

"Well, we tried.."

Ramza got an upset look.

"…as a result we defeated him!"

Ramza sighed.

"We we're cleaning up after the battle.. We(actually I) found a big treasure chest.. Zoey opened it, looked inside and found a bag stuffed with gil!"

Zoey was grinning widely.

"This job was a success(like our other jobs you send us on)."

Zoey looked at Rosa, grinning like a madwoman and Barton noticed the evil look in Rosa's eyes and he let out a sound as she walked over, pulling him close and whispering. "Tell Ramza a damn thing and I'll kill you with a /death/ spell, you hear me!?"

He nodded, quickly, eyes wide and Ramza looked at them, blinking. He looked at Zoey, who was amusedly grinning.

"What's with those two?"

"Oh?" Zoey looked at Ramza, laughing softly. "Can't you tell? That's the only way for them to show how they care for one another.. Well.. If you call Rosa hurting the poor boy love.."

-Fin-