Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ FF8 Fic ❯ A Fresh Start ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

All characters are © to SquareSoft, cept for Avedis and me, Seel, who are © to ME! Elizabeth "Seel" Kaiser. Please ask before using my characters, and if you do be sure to give me proper ©

"Hey kid! Calm down, stop biting, I'm not going to hurt you!" Avedis screamed at the little 13-year-old child attacking his arm. "Where's your family? Are you lost? Stop biting my arm!!"

Avedis was a student at Balamb Garden, and had been on a vacation to Odin's Tower where he found this animal-like kid with green hair. He tried to ask her for directions, but she only snarled and snapped her teeth. When he tried to calm her down she started biting his arm.

He was getting to the point where he thought she was a homeless child and was thinking about taking her back to Balamb Garden.

"Ok kid, just…calm down! I'm going to take you with me back to the Garden, hey! That's my finger! Stop! Gerr…." Avedis gave the beastly child a good thump to the head, rendering her unconscious. He picked her up and carried her back to his boat and started off for Balamb Garden.

** **

Seel sat up in her bed, she looked around at her surrounding, making sure she was still in her dorm room in Balamb Garden. Her dog Nemo was still sleeping at the foot of the bed, and all her other pets were still asleep in their cages. Seel peered over at the clock; 3:45.

She got up out of the bed quietly and rubbed the sleep from her eyes. Rufus the rabbit stirred slightly in his cage. Lloyd the ball python, Izzy the iguana and Braxton the chameleon continued sleeping peacefully in their separate tanks. Jeremy the tarantula sat awake under his log, sucking quietly on the remains of a grasshopper. After eating a few stashed away snacks and brushing her teeth, Seel decided to take a walk around the Garden before everybody woke up.

Wandering around aimlessly in the shadows, she didn't even notice she wandered strait into the training center. Her aimlessly walking trance broke when her feet left the cold cement and touched the indoor grass. She sleepily looked around at all the plants and metal walls.

`Maybe It'll be fun fighting some monsters in the morning' she thought, wandering on further inside the center. Not a monster was seen as Seel walked around the center about 6 times. On her 7th pass, she decided to take a break and sit by the water.

She dipped her bare feet into the cool water. So peaceful; an odd thing for a place like the training center. Her reflection in the water waved as her feet made tiny ripples. She peered closer at her reflection; something was strange about her head. It was getting bigger in the reflection, but when she touched it it seemed to be ok. That's when she felt it. Warm air blew on her back, stopped, and then came again.

`Great!' she thought, `Something to finally fight!' She turned around quickly and made a motion to draw her bow and arrows. Her hands gripped only air. She had forgotten her bow!

She peered up at the large juggernaut standing above her, its twin eyes, like brown pools of death, staring right back.

"T-Rexaur…" She mumbled pathetically. Her ears drooped as the massive dinosaur towered over her. She tried to back up, hoping to find something to hind behind, but her foot only touched water.