Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Fighting with my Fender ❯ Rikku ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I do not own Final Fantasy X. It's already owned by Hironobu Sakaguchi and Square Enix^^

The whole story is written in Rain's point of view
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Malboro grinned at me while it waved its annoying tentacles.
I had always wondered how people knew they had had a bad breath attack caused on them, and then I realised they knew because it happened and they survived it.

Good for those, but I don't want to be bad-breathed on, so I decided to do something I'm quite good at.

Run.

Now you'd think I'd run all the way through the story, all the way to Zanarkand, and all the way to the end, but I didn't.
I also took breaks to eat and sleep. I kept saying to myself; 'Wow, you're like Forrest Gump!' and then I'd feel really happy.
Because really, life is like a box of chocolate's.

No just kidding. I didn't run all the way to the end of the story, because that'd be pretty boring.
And I don't want to be like Forrest, because he got a beard while running, and I do not like hairy things.

No, by running away from the Malboro I did not run away from the story, but into it.
Right into it.


I kept running.
Not because I was afraid the Malboro would come after me, but because I wanted to rest up a little, and that's not possible when you've got fiends around you.
After a while I came across a tent and I decided to check it.

"Hello, how can I help you?" A woman asked me.
"Uhm, I don't know. Is this a shop?" I ask.
"Yes it is." The woman says.

I sigh and turn around again, I wasn't looking for a shop, but for a place to rest.
A cheap place if possible, because I'm not one of the richest people around here...

I sat down near the tent, behind the small fence-thingy, and wondered what to do.
I could just run back home, where it was always safe... Or well safe, at least there weren't any fiends there.
Or I could travel. But travelling alone while not being to fight well, is kind of risky, so I decided I'd go for the first option.

The moment I wanted to start running home a person walked up to me.
"Hello, were you the one running by a minute ago?" A blonde girl asks me.
I frown. "Yeah." I reply shortly. I wonder what she wants.
"You're fast." She says, with an admiring look on her face.
I smirk. "When you can't handle the situation, just run." I say. "And I get in a lot of sticky situations, so..."
The girl smiles. "I see you play guitar?"
I frown. "Yeah, I do..." I just say.

I hope she's not going to ask me to play something, it'd be pretty weird to tell her I can hurt someone with it...

"Cool! Play something please!" The, apparantly cheery, blonde girl asks.
"Heh." I just say.
"You don't want to?" The girl asks, slightly diappointed.
"Preferably not." I say. "And why doesn't matter, it's a long story."
The girl just stares at me for a moment and shrugs. "I like stories." She finally says with a smirk. "So tell me."

I roll my eyes and decide to tell her. Who cares if she doesn't believe it, I don't know her so it doesn't matter.

"Okay..." I say, and start telling her the story about my guitar.
The girl just looks at me with a weird look on her face when I finish the story.
"Are you serious?" She yells with a funny face.
"Yeah..." I say. "Hard to believe, is it not..."
The girl shrugs. "No, not really. I've seen stranger things." She seems to think for a minute.
"Maybe you should come with us!" She exclaims after a while.
"Hm?"
"I'm a guardian of the summoner Yuna, and it's alway fun to have more people around!" The girls says. "And it would be a good opportunity to learn how to use your new skills!"
"Haa... I don't think so!"
"You should come!" She yells. "The others should be here soon, and I'm sure they're gonna want you to come too!"
I shake my head. "You don't even know me."
"I will get to know you if you come along!" The girl says. "I'm Rikku by the way, and I'll ask the others when they arrive."

I think for a minute and sigh.
"Whatever you want Rikku." I just say. It might be a good idea, because there's nothing I have to live for at home anyway.
"Cool!" Rikku yells and sits down.
I sit down next to her and wait alongside her for those people she's waiting for.

A summoner... Now that'd be odd.