Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Fighting with my Fender ❯ Auron's sweetness ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I do not own Final Fantasy X. It's already owned by Hironobu Sakaguchi and Square Enix^^
Auron is the main character next to Rain by the way...

The whole story is written in Rain's point of view
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I shook my head in denial, a few times, but the thought wouldn't disappear.
Auron... He's sexy, sure. He's kind of charming, very true... But he's old! Or no, not old, but too old. Too old for me that is.

I stare at the group, that is still sitting around the fire, and sigh. I did not want to get too involved, especially not in this way, and look at me now... I am pathetic.
I sit down and bury my face in my hands, wondering what to do now. Last time I liked someone, it turned out to be an asshole.

Now Auron is a lot older, so probably a lot more mature aswell, but I can't tell him. He could... distance himself from me.
The group aswell, by the way.

After a few minutes Yuna stands up and comes my way. I'm urged to yell at her when she sits down next to me, but I don't. I think she might consider me her guardian now, so I don't think yelling would be the best idea.

"What is wrong?" Yuna asks, with a slightly worried look on her face.
I shake my head. "Nothing, I'm just... tired."
"We all are." Yuna replies friendly. "But that doesn't mean you have to sit away from us."
I shrug and wish she would leave, I don't feel like talking now.
"I know." I say. "But I need a moment alone."
Yuna nodds and stands up again. "In that case I will leave you for a moment."

She walks away again, and I watch her rejoin the group.
My eyes wander off and land on Auron, who is staring at me. I immediately turn my gaze away, and stare off into the distance again.
I hope he can't read my mind or feel what I'm feeling, that would be... catastrophical.

Okay, not catastrophical, but bad for sure.

I'm so lost in thoughts I don't hear the gang yelling, so when I get knocked in the head and black out, I never know what hit me.


I wake up again because someone is calling my name, and pressing something icecold against my head.
"What the heck." I mumble, and open my eyes. My eyes need a moment to focus, and than I see, of course, Auron hanging above me.
"You didn't see that fiend coming?" He asks. I immediately realise it's Auron that is pressing a soaky piece of cloth against my forehead.
"Wha?"
Auron just shakes his head and sighs. "I don't know where the hell you were with your thoughts, but you need to pay attention..." He says. "Especially when you're not close to us."

Ah, so at least he can not read my mind, that's a good thing.

"Can you sit up?"
I press myself up and close my eyes when the scenery begins to move.
"Yeah I can sit."

Wakka appears behind Auron, and shakes his head aswell.
"You attract bad luck."

My eyes widen at that remark, and I'm not sure what to reply to that. It sounds kind of... mean I guess.

"Oh come on." Lulu says. "Auron's the one that usually gets us into trouble, so leave the girl alone."
Wakka sighs and leaves, and Lulu comes closer.
"Don't mind Wakka, he's been annoying ever since we left the Calm Lands."
I shrug. "He's not the first to say that, so don't worry."
Lulu gives me an odd look, and tells me we're staying here for the night.
"I don't want you fainting because of a headache or something." She says before going after Wakka.

I swear, those two have a thing going on.

Auron scratches his throat and I look at him.
"You know, it does get cold at night." He says.
I roll my eyes. "I thought we were over that when we left Mount Gagazet."
Auron smirks. "We're still close." He says, and stands up. "Come on."

I try to stand up, but the world begins to spin again. If Auron wouldn't have stood behind me, I would've landed on my ass for sure.

"Thanks." I mumble when I feel his strong hands around my waiste.
He guides me to the campfire, and I sit down next to Kimahri. Auron takes off his coat and drapes it around me again.
I'm too tired to thank him and just close my eyes.
I hope these weird feelings will be gone when I wake up in the morning, because I can't say Auron being so nice is very helpful.