Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Final Fantasy 8: Cloud of Paradox ❯ Chapter 2: Hotdog Incident ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Any original characters of Final Fantasy are not the property of me, but the property of their respective creators.

Any original characters created by Steven Borman are my own creation, and are copyright of me.

--------------------

Squall entered the cafeteria, and looked around, smiling as his eyes finally lay on Rinoa, who was sitting with Zell and Selphie, laughing at Zell. She had jet black, long hair, down to the smalls on her back. She wore a long blue cloak-type jacket, and black shorts. She had black boots on, and her dark eyes glinted twinkled in the light. She seen Squall standing at the door, smiled, and motioned him over. Zell turned, his spiked up blonde hair sticking out, and his boyish innocence face smiling, his puffed up cheeks showing.
‘Been a the hot dogs again?’ Squall asked Zell when go to the table. Zell nodded, and pointed to a large empty plate which lay in front of him. ‘Trying to beat your record of twenty at once huh? Well remember that time was after trying some of Raijin’s homemade Potion drink.’ Zell muffled a laughter, almost spitting out hot dog at Selphie.
‘Squall!’ She snapped, ‘Don’t make him laugh! He’ll spit that all up!’ Her turned up bobbed hair bounced as she talked, her short yellow dress just coming to her knees, and her brown boots coming up to her ankles. On the table lay her instructor paper work. ‘Anyway, I better get back to work in my room, so many papers to mark.’ She stood up, waved and then walked off, saying hi to Seifer. He crossed the room and sat down in Selphie’s old seat, and then stared at Zell.
‘Oh, your not!’ Zell nodded, ‘Aw, come on man!’ He slammed the table, causing everyone to look at him, ‘If your gonna do it, then do it with chilli. Add some flavour.’ Everyone laughed, Zell quickly spluttering, and falling off his chair. Seifer turned to Squall. ‘Irvine said that you met…an unexpected guest whilst leaving training.’
‘Uhh…’ Squall stalled, eyeing Rinoa who turned to him, from the spluttering Zell, when she heard these words, ‘Yeah, we ran into it.’ He turned to his girlfriend.
‘Squall!’ She stood up, and gripped her fists, before marching away.
‘Shit, sorry dude!’ Seifer said, after she left the cafeteria. He then turned to Zell, who was now panting on the ground, having survived his battle of the hot dogs.
‘Seifer…’ Squall trailed off, his friend turning his gaze back to him. ‘Do you…ever think about two years ago?’ There was a silence between them both, Zell’s panting coming from beneath the table.
‘Sometimes, I do, sometimes. I mean I do regret what I done, but…it was in a way a wake up call. No way would I ever go back to that time, to that way I was.’ He looked down at his grounded friend. ‘I just didn’t know what it was like…to be wanted…to have friends.’ He smiled, staring off, and stood up. ‘Well, I have a class to get to. Catch ya bud!’ He walked off towards the door. Zell finally pulled himself back up. Squall switched his gaze to him, and started laughing.

* * *


A shot fired, smashing deep into the armoured car, causing it to fly backwards, blowing into a million pieces as it hit the wall. A long slender leg emerged from behind the tree, and the figure placed the rocket launcher down. White blonde hair blew in the wind as they walked towards the destroy vehicle. The thin lips curled into a smile, and the woman left out a large laughter, and then she spoke. ‘Balamb Garden, eh?’