Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Final Fantasy VI: The Final Judgement ❯ To Tzen and Mobliz ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Tzen:


"Try to move it to the left, one quick sweep of the hand, you can do it." A bearded man said to a very strong younger man.


"Gee Duncan, if I'd of known I'd be doing this type of training I'd of stayed in the castle with his royal highness." Sabin said with a laugh to his martial arts teacher of blitzes, as he picked up another painting and hung it on the wall.


"How's that?" He asked.


"You learn quickly, but, your skills need sharpening." Duncan said with a smile.


"I'm glad you decided to move here with me, this place has been kinda dull without someone to hang out with, especially after the world came to ruin." The Blitz specialist replied brushing his hands off on his pants, "What needs to go up next?"


"Nothing today my pupil, why don't we go out to the fields and learn some new attacks?" Duncan said walking to the door to leave.


"Alright!" Sabin responded happily, punching the air with his fist only it came a little longer than he thought causing him to punch a hole in the wall. "Oops," he said lamely.


"You can fix that, while I train, have a good time." He closed the door behind him.


"Rats," he looked at the hole with a sigh and went to get some tools.


Mobliz:


Mobliz was filled with new life now, almost as if nothing had ever happened to it. Trees returned to their normal colour of brown instead of greyish, plant life didn't stay brown, and there was laughter heard when you came in rather than misery or pain.


Terra walked casually between a crowd of young adults about 10 and under to a little building she was proud to have had built for them. "Alright students, come this way!" She called out to them. The children all followed her inside the building into what appeared to be designed like a school.


"Okay, okay, simmer down......" She waited for the chatter to stop and when it quieted she went on with her lesson plan. "There. Today's lesson is on the war of the Magi," Terra said mystically. "Now, who can tell me how the war was started, what were we fighting for?"


A hand was raised and Terra nodded to the little waver. "Yes, Katrina?"


"The war was about peace." The tiny girl smiled her answer out and the other kids laughed at her.


"Now, now don't laugh at her answer she is very much right. a very brave group of heroes and heroens were fighting for nothing but peace.... who can tell me what that group was called.......? Anyone?"
"Gau know!" A wild little boy raised his hand in the air then jumped up and down.


"Yes, Gau?" The Esper girl asked.
"It was friend Locke and Sabin and-" he continued naming his group of friends off his mental list and the class laughed at his response, even Terra.


"The group was called, the Returners." The class 'ooohed' to the sound of it. "They fought for peace and the safety of all Espers and Humanity."


"But that can't be real," a little boy said crossing his arms. "That all sounds fake, you can't just have war..."


"But Billy it's very real, and you should pay attention, you never know when history might repeat itself." Terra remarked, looking absently out the window.


"Miss Terra is telling the truth" Katrina said to them.
"How do you know?" The class looked in wonder.
".......Because- because she says so, that's how." The little girl stammered out. Katrina was far to young to remember if it were real or not, but Terra remembered every frightening bit of it. How she found all of these children terrified underground, Phumbaba roaming about the land, it made her skin shudder.


It was a scary thing, but it was all over now....so why did she feel the world shifting in its balance? Her thoughts were suddenly broken by the sound of a bell. "Schools out! Have a good rest of the day." The little group of children sprang up and all gave her a hug and left for home, Gau strayed behind keeping close beside the Esper girl; they were living together in Mobliz and she took extra care of him and even though they weren't living together she took extra care of Katrina too.



"Friend Terra think about friends?" Gau asked climbing all over her desk.


"Yes, I miss them." Terra replied.


"Gau too," he slid down and rubbed against her leg as if he were a dog or cat. "We see them again, Gau knows." The boy said happily, Terra smiled down at him.


"I know too......" 'But the reason doesn't feel right.' She thought to herself.