Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Final Fantasy VI: The Final Judgement ❯ Narshe and South Figaro ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A Cave in Narshe:


Kupo! Kupo! "That's right, don't mess it up either." Mog cried out to a giant snow bound creature. The Yetti growled to himself as he moved a giant sized fire place. "It feels like a cold one fur or not, we need heat." The moogles let out little cries of agreement to the matter of the winter.


"Funny how-" Umaro, the Yetti grumbled out hardly understandable. "you need a heater when there's heat already outside." He continued to push the coal run stove they'd stolen from the village above them, into a corner of the cave.


"Summer doesn't mean a thing." Kupo! The moogle replied. "Now move it!" When it was in it's destination point they cheered and danced around. "Good job, now take a break." Mog ordered to Umaro.


The giant beast walked over to another corner of the cave and sat down for a rest. Things had been going well for the moogles and Mog seemed happy enough but it was as if something were missing inside that he couldn't put his paw on. Maybe it was the others, but it didn't seem so. 'Than what?' He wondered. "I'm going for a walk." Mog announced, leaving the cave going into another of the underground tunnels.


South Figaro:


"How does that taste King Edgar?" A waitress giggled on the king's lap, as she fed him some pheasant. "You know what would make this a lot better?" The replied. "No, tell me?" The waitress was asked. Edgar started to whisper in her ear but it was disrupted by the sound of a battle outside.


"What's that?" She asked getting up. The king sighed and rose to his feet too. "A king's work is never done, wait here mi'lady, I shall return." The girl looked in absolute awe as she watched Edgar strole out the door of the cafe. When he got out into the town he saw a brawl going on in the middle of a group of people. Standing on his toes he looked past the crowds head and saw that his guards were attacking someone!


The enemy looked like one of Emperor Gestahls soldiers! The soldier grabbed a dirk from a by stander and fought back viciously though only to defend it seemed, but that was enough of an attack to send Edgar into the fight himself and he began to attack the stranger brutally.


"Edgar, wait!" The soldier shouted over the scream of the crowd and the battle cries of his guards, the king swung his sword over his head and brought it down at the mans arm, but the false soldier blocked it with his tiny borrowed weapon. "It's- whoa. Me, Locke!"


"Locke?" Edgar froze from the battle and gestured for his men to do the same, and- though still uneasy about it- they lowered their swords.


"Is that you?" Edgar raised the front of the soldiers helmet with his swords tip. "Of course it's me!" The thief yanked it off completely and tossed it to the side. "Hey buddy!" Edgar broke into a huge grin and they gave each other a very manly hug. The king stepped back to admire his old friend, "Just as ragged as the day I left you, huh?"


"Ha ha, you're still just as humble as the day I left you-" Mocking the battle that had just went on. "Oh here let me help you, riiiight, more like hey a cute waitress might be watching."
"Bite your tongue," Edgar felt his face turning red from blush. "I didn't think I'd see you for at least a good years worth of time, what brings you here?"


Locke looked at him seriously. "That's right," just remembering why he had come. "I have to talk to you, and I don't think you're gonna like the news." He stated very serious.


* * *


"You weren't kidding, I don't like the sound of that at all......." Edgar said trailing off as though he may have had more to say. The two men had moved their conversation into the Cafe in South Figaro and Locke had just got finished telling Edgar about what happened to him in the field that morning.


"What are we gonna do about it?" Locke asked looking into his best friends face.


"Where was it exactly that you saw those soldiers?" Edgar asked him standing and Locke followed his movements to the door. "It was by Mt. Kolts, they could be miles from there by now.....are you sure we wanna go find 'em?" The thief asked with a bit of hope that they'd leave it alone.


"Wouldn't hurt to look," Edgar says whistling for his guards when he and Locke were outside.
"Yes, your highness!?" His men shouted, lining up before him and saluting.
"Keep it down, and will you cut that out, it's Edgar, We're going to check out the parameter of Mt. Kolts. Get the Chocobo's ready for the trip."


"Sir, yes sir!" They replied walking into the stables. Edgar sighed with a smile. "I love being king."