Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Final Fantasy VI: The Final Judgement ❯ Fight or Flight? (Part 2) ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 2.

"So, Setzer what have you been up to these past months?" Edgar asked making conversation for the silence. He got so serious when he flew, it was almost un-nerving.

"I've been gambling, of course." He said with a chuckle, "care for some wine? It's strong- ring the stress right out of you, I think."

"Yes, thank you." He said taking the bottle from his hands and poured himself a drink.

"Do you really think we'll have to fight again?" Setzer asked out of nowhere.

"I don't know. It's to early to say, right now it feels like more of a scare than a cause for any real alarm." Edgar said in a posh manner, sipping his dark red wine.

"And if there is-..?"

"We go to war..."

"I hope we can find everyone, if that becomes the case" Setzer said as he moved the air ship to the ground landing near a clearing at Narshe. "Mog, is sure to be here." he said as his reason for landing so soon. "Good thought, he just might be, after all the moogles do reside in the caves, he's bound to be amongst them. Lets go." They walked below deck and out onto the grassy fields.

Leafer! Edgar quickly took it out with his auto-crossbow in no time, and they continued on their way into the caved village. "Where are you going?" Edgar asked pulling Setzers jacket collar to hold him back. "I'm going into town" he remarked stating the obvious.

"No, they might have some reward on our heads and people will do anything thing for money..."

"Too right, lets go another way, then." Edgar led him over to Locke's secret cave entrance once he pulled the right rock they stepped inside. Everything was going smoothly so far, no trouble along the way until they had gotten to the place Terra had been rescued from so long ago, were-rats surrounded them!

Setzer waved his hand over his right wrist to a device that looked like a slot machine watch, then he placed his hands together and shouted, 7 flush! He raised his arms above his head. The area filled with colored beams and took out the were-rats, who were already weak from trying to change back into normal animals after Kefka's magic had worn off.

"We're almost there, lets walk faster." Edgar hurried him, he had no intention of sticking around fighting quickly re-grouping rats. When they made it to the moogle caves they surrounded them with foreign greetings.

Kupo-po! Ku-Mamma! Ku-pop! "Yes, hello," they greeted them. "Where- is- Mog, do- you- know?" Setzer talked as though they had no clue what he was saying either. They jumped rowdier than before and finally Umaro spoke up.

"Mog left," he roared out. "He not say where, went for walk." Edgar cursed. "....when do you think he'll be back?"

"Umaro, not know, can him help friends?" The giant beast walked closer showing them that he could do more of a job than Mogs little body could.

"You can help us actually," The beast smiled at these words but Edgar had it fade away when he continued.

"You can help by staying here and protecting the moogles while-....something might be going on, we're not sure yet, but, this is very important and I know a big tough guy like you can handle that job, well." Edgar said giving him a seal of a approval smile and Setzer stood back nodding to what ever he said.

"Umaro do this favor, for king." He said returning to his corner and sitting down heavily. "Good luck."

"Thanks....you wouldn't happen to know where we could find any of the others do you?" Setzer asked walking to the caves exit backwards.

"Look for in Doma, him bound to be there." He waved them away and they headed out of the caves, with hardly a bit of trouble. Then they were back in the sky.

* * *

"This does not sound good to me, sirs...." said Cyan stroking his mustache. "Arts thou sure?"

"I just heard about it myself, I have no idea." Setzer replied.

"Locke said they were the Empires soldiers they attacked him in the field hoping he was dead. I'd say that that is definitely the Empire's doing." Edgar swirled his drink in the glass smelling the nutty flavor of the wine.

Cyan sighed deeply and looked both men in the eye. "I'll be with thee, let me get a few things first." He got up from the table and headed to his chambers, when he returned he came out holding a picture of his family. "Let us be swift, the sooner we start the sooner we can know if this nightmare is over....." a pause "or just beginning."

They all hurried out of the castle after he asked his guards to guard the place from danger. "I believe I know where we can find lady Celes, I stopped by Jidoor once and saw her around the painters house with young Relm one day." said Cyan while going below so he won't feel air sick.

"Than that's our next destination," he picked up speed. "hang on to something!"

"Whao!" Edgar was shaken to his knees on the floor from the sudden jerk of the vessel.