Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Final Fantasy VI: The Final Judgement ❯ Fight Or Flight? (Part 4) ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 4.


"Hey brother!" Sabin slapped his brother on the back so hard the king stumbled forward a bit.


"Hi," Edgar rubbing his shoulder.

"Hey Setz'." The blitz specialist raised his hand to slap him on the back as well and he leaped out of the way. "Sorry, I need this arm to steer." Sabin let out a loud laugh,

"You never lost that humor." he then turned to the ladies. "You three are looking very lovely, I'm glad you're taking care of yourselves."


They blushed and turned for the ship. "Gau glad to see you too, friend Sabin." Sabin picked the boy up and walked back to the ship with Setzer and his brother.


"So...what brought you guys here, a party?"


"I wish," Edgar stated. Setzer left the conversation and climbed aboard the ship. "Locke thinks that the Empire might be re-forming under new management and they might be after our heads this time. We have to think of what to do if this is true." They got on board, and the ship was taking off again.


"Well all right, we can finally have some action around here," He turned back to the village before they were too high up. "Duncan! I have to go with my brother! I'll see you later!" He waved down to him. "Good bye, Sabin!" Duncan waved with a smile. "Maybe now I can get some peace, sheesh!" As the air ship began to make it's way towards the Returner cave they were all settling their nerves hoping for a good out come in the news that had brought them all together but might soon tear them apart.


The Meeting:


Edgar paced around the table, they watched him quietly. "Well?" Celes said.

"I'm thinking that's all." He bit his bottom lip and turned around to face them. "I don't have a clue as to what to do about this, except we need to split up and find out any information we can- as quickly as we can." The king sat down in his chair and waited for their responses.


"How are we gonna do that?" Said Locke. "If we ask the towns people, they'll freak, and then they'll know something is up..."


"Besides that, you know what a sort of panic they get in when they think they might be in danger. They'd turn us in for sure." Setzer added.


"You're right," Sabin began. "I say we hit them before they hit us!" Locke, Sabin, and Setzer let out cheers, while the girls, Cyan, and Edgar shook their heads.

"I could send the Moogles around to investigate," Mog stood up to say over their noise. "Oh but Mog, We forgot to ask you if the Moogles could watch the children of Mobliz with Umaro?" Terra's voice pleaded.


"Sure," Kupo. "But there are more than the few Moogles around here, we could do both."

"Excellent idea Mog, no one will suspect them they're allowed to come and go as they please," Edgar was saying then added. "so all we have to do is split into parties and try to track down and conquer any bases that the empire have...we're stronger as a whole than we are separate." They nodded to that comment in agreement.


"Now to pick who should go with whom," he started to speak when the door burst open, they jumped from the startle and turned to see-... "Shadow?" said Locke


"The Empire-...has Returned....." he collapsed winded. Terra and Celes came to his aid but he pushed them away. "I'm fine, just winded from all the running."


"But you're bleeding," said Relm. "so is Interceptor." She touched the dogs fur then ran to get some water for it.


"Where was the location? Do you remember?" Setzer asked.

"The caves on the Veldt..." Terra looked terrified as she stood.

"Which ever team goes there, I'm in." She stated not wanting to hear an arguement. "Then I will too," Locke said. "I promise I'll protect you-..." he caught himself in the sentence. "Uh, better then last time." Terra smiled at him.

"Thank you, Locke." He blushed slightly and moved around the table to stand beside her.


'I can't just count myself in, they might know something.' Celes thought, then looked over at Setzer flipping a card between his fingers. 'Maybe if-...' her concentration was broken. "-And Celes is with us." Edgar said. They all stood up and walked into their groups Edgar looked them over and smiled. "This time...it's personal."