Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Final Fantasy VI: The Final Judgement ❯ Another World ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 14.


The next morning they were packing up their things and sticking them back into their sacks to leave.


"Where are we heading today, Edgar?" Celes asked. Edgar looked at her smiling and trying to show off his best features. "Vector." He replied with a striking smile, she raised her eye brows at his behavior but shook it off.

"So soon?" The ex-general asked walking beside him to the ship.

"Well, we have to attack sometime, we can't sit around waiting for the Empire to come and get us, or the towns people." Edgar answered and she nodded and walked onto the ship.


"This should be an interesting trip, sirs." Cyan was saying walking over to the ship gradually but he didn't make it on because a bird flew over to him. "What is this now?" He asked himself taking a slip of paper from a ring around a carrier birds ankle. As he read it to himself his eyes widened. "Oh no!" He shouted out loud. "What is it?" They asked being called by his attention. "Look upon this, sirs." He showed it to Edgar.


Your Highness,


The castle is being invaded.
The forest has been making
Some type of sounds in the night
We went to check it out and got
attacked, we need your help.


Your trusty soldiers.


They looked shocked, they couldn't believe their eyes. "Well you have to go save them!" Sabin said to him with not a moments hesitation. "But how shall I get there in time?" The swordtech specialist asked, he was hurt inside they could hear every strain in his voice trying to sound normal, but, they didn't know what to do.


"I've got an idea!" Locke said with a finger raised as though asking for permission, they looked to him with question. "Setzer could take him back to Doma and help him, while we keep on the trail. Then, he can come back and join us at Vecter." They thought about the possibility of his plan working then agreed to what he had suggested. "Setzer will you do it?" Edgar asked. "No need to ask me, I'm already there." The gambler saluted responding.


"Guys," Terra was saying staggering forwards. "I don't feel so well." She collapsed on the ground. "Terra?!" They cried out, Setzer lifted her head off the ground into his arms while Celes checked her pulse. "She's still alive, she has a good pulse."


"I wonder what's wrong with her?" Sabin said.

"Sirs, thou art just as worried, but, I really must be going." Cyan said impatiently.

"Oh, yes of course," Setzer handed her to Edgar who picked her up and took her back to the cave. "Lets be off then." They boarded the ship-.. made one quick wave and were on their way.


"Hey Terra, wake up girl....come on?" Celes was saying. "I laid out her sleeping bag, put her on here." Locke said smoothing it out. They walked her over to the sleeping bag and lay her down.


"I wonder what could be wrong?" Sabin whispered as if she might be offended if she heard him. "Maybe it was the fish we ate?" Celes threw out an explaination. "Or maybe it was the mushrooms, hers had them on it." Locke said staring at the Esper girl.


"I don't know, but, she can't stay here...it's not safe for her health or her physical status, someone might find her when we're gone." Edgar said standing.


"We're leaving her behind?!" Celes asked bewildered.

"Of course not!" Edgar exclaimed, walking out of the cave looking in each direction.

"Well how will we get her into a town? We can't carry her the whole way." She asked.

"We won't have to," Edgar was saying. "we can rent a Chocobo and ride with her to town, it's easier than on foot and safer too."


"We couldn't just wait for Setzer to come back?" Celes asked hoping he'd change his mind. "We can't count on that Celes," Sabin butted in. "I'm going with Edgar to find some birds, you guys stay here, okay?" He asked them looking to their faces.


"Yeah, sure." Locke said quietly. "O-..." She stammered out. "O-kay." They promised to return soon and ran out leaving them, alone.


* * *


The air ship flew high over the skies and came into the landing fields near Doma. "Look there!" Cyan shouted pointing downward. They looked into the forest the best they could; there was a battle going on in there along with the fields that led to the castle.


"I'm bringing her down!" Setzer flew lower to the ground, when it was low enough he and Cyan jumped out over the railing landing heavily on the ground into the middle of the battle field, the Blackjack flew a distance and settled on the ground. Setzer reached into his jacket pocket and threw cards at some rushing soldiers knocking them injured to the ground.


Cyan, using his swordtech ran through some troops using his quadra slice slashing six men in half. "Your highness, you've returned!" One of his men shouted when seeing him. "They've arrived!" A Templer Guard shouted to his troops. "Kill them!" There was an uproar in the crowd as they changed the two of them Cyan's men tried to defend them the best they could, but, were unsuccessful. "Yah!!!" Cyan yelled slamming into one of the men.


"Ah!" Setzer was jumped by three men, he managed to punch one of them back before he went down. "Aaaah-Aaaahh!!!" Another of them staggered backward with a doom dart stuck in his chest and he fell to the ground. The other one got into a strangling contest with the gambler and they rolled across the grass looking for upper advantage power. Two of Cyan's men slashed two soldiers into pieces but were attacked by four more in the process.


"Setzer, over there!" Cyan shouted a command to him, Setzer looked in the direction he pointed and dug his foot into the man on top of him kicking him over his body, when he stood up he tossed five darts at them having direct hit with the soldiers killing them on contact. Setzer kicked one of the soldiers coming at him in the stomach and ducked from another attacking to his left.


Cyan spun his sword around using his stunner attack. The men froze for a brief moment, but, began to move again with in seconds, as the battle went on, someone was watching them closely in the woods studying their every move. As the battle came to an end Cyan lifted his sword directly to the sky and said out loud. "Cleave!"


He swung his sword downward to the ground than back up to the sky flipping backward vanishing all the men left in the field. Setzer was already running towards the forest and Cyan did the same.


When they got there, Setzer grabbed a branch swinging himself around it kicking a soldier in the dismount but he got punched in the face from a surprise attack behind him when he turned around. Cyan grabbed a branch snapping it in a soldiers face to give him a slight stun, then he punched him in the face. The battle went on fiercely and finally it was over.


They were panting heavily as they looked around the forest looking for strays, but there were none. "You fought splendidly, sir." Cyan smiled at him shaking his hand.


"Thank you, you weren't so bad yourself, old man." Setzer glanced over his shoulder at his ship and turned back to Cyan. "Listen, Cyan-..." He was cut off by him.

"No need to explain, you go on back to the cave and help out Terra and the others they may need you...I'll join you later, but for now I believe my place is here, sir." The gambler patted him on the shoulders and went off to get his ship.