Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Final Fantasy VI: The Final Judgement ❯ Another World (Part 2) ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 15.


"Locke?" Celes started to ask him. 'Oh no, here it comes.' He thought and she looked him in the eyes he avoided them by looking at Terra then a pile of rocks near by.


"I wanted to tell you something for the longest time and....well....I think now would be the perfect time to do it, no interruptions, no distractions...." Celes still paused a moment. "Locke I think that I like you, a lot more than a friend..." She looked at his face then continued. "I thought a lot about this and I wanted to let you know because when something is just that important you let it out...right?"


The thief didn't say a word, he just looked at the rocks. "What do you think?" Celes asked waiting for his response, but as he opened his mouth the others returned with the birds and map of the land they were on.


"Ready to go?" Edgar asked. "Yes." Locke said standing and picking up Terra in the process. "Lets go." He walked by them quietly after that.


Sabin and Edgar shrugged to each other and walked out. Celes sighed deeply and followed. "How close is the nearest town?" Locke asked.


"Miranda. Up the back roads a few miles from here. We better travel fast so we can get her to a bed and some cleaner water." They hurried along, not saying much, but stopping every once in a while to check the map, once they made it there they dismounted the birds and left them in the stables inside.


"Here's a very large amount of money, see that this girl is taken complete care of, you got it!" Edgar threatened with Sabin's brawn to back him, and his brother cracked his knuckles. "You got it," the man said terrified. "best room in the place. Bring her in room 205, here's the key." He said handing it over.


"Thank you my good man." Edgar said. The group walked her into the room and lied her down on the bed to rest. "You take care of yourself, okay?" Edgar said, rubbing her head with a cool towel.


"We better get back to the mission, cause this has gone on too long!" Locke said getting angry. "Whoa whoa buddy calm down what's wrong with you?" Sabin asked.


"I-...I don't know, I'm just tired of all this fighting, Terra was right, we need this done and over with so we can get back to the simple things like...sleeping in the field and enjoying being king, flying around and what have you, not sitting here hoping a friend survives, now lets g-..." Locke tried to go by them but Edgar pushed him back lightly and shook his head.


"You're far to angry to pay any attention to what you're doing, you're staying here." The king insisted but Locke tried to fight back verbally with protest and lost.


"Just let me know if you need any help, okay?" Locke said to them as they were leaving.


"We promise, bye Locke." Edgar said.

"Bye." He replied

"Good bye, Locke." Celes said personally.

"See you..." He turned back into the village and went into the hotel room with Terra.


* * *


Night had fallen and try to as he might, Locke couldn't stay awake, so the thief closed his eyes and fell asleep on the chair leaning across to the pillow on the bed. The figure walked into the room and stood over Terra again. "Now, the games will begin." Her eyes scrunched and the shadow moved in closer.

"No," Her voice tried to yell. "No. All my friends, the ghost-...they're gonna die..." tears fell from her eyes as the figure broke into evil laughter and it leaned into the lamps dim light. Kefka!


Locke snapped his eyes open to the sound of something breaking. "What the-...?" He looked blurry eyed across the room, when he cleared them he saw Terra making her way across the room.


"Wait! Where are you going?!" He got up and followed the Esper girl, but she was moving so fast. Locke ran down the hall of the hotel as fast as his legs would carry him and when he finally caught up to her he reached for her arm and she froze with a haunting laugh. "Terra....?" He forced out, under a panic that it might not be her.


The green haired girl, laughed long and hard. The thief didn't know what to do so he ran, but she began to follow him flying through the halls, barely a vision behind his head. Locke ducked into a room and found himself outside in the fields, he let out a sigh of relief. "I'm saved," he walked out further into the grass lands to hide himself incase she made it outside too.


It was dark, hardly nothing was showing except the moon in sky. 'Where am I?' The thief wondered and he heard a noise, a familiar stomping sound. 'It can't be?' He thought to himself.


When Locke turned around to look for where the noise was coming from and what it was but he didn't like what he saw. Doom Phantoms! Locke ran through the field having a flash of deja'vu and hoped that the shack would have been rebuilt but it wasn't there.


'Shoot!' He thought. '....I can't keep running from them, I'd never last.....but what?" He had to think fast, they were rushing down on him, so he stood his ground.


* * *


The others were in the middle of a ghost fight themselves. The group of Edgar, Sabin, and Celes were still on their ways to Miranda when they were attacked. One of them dropped Celes, after lifting her to the sky. "Aaah!" She screamed falling from the sky but Sabin caught her. "Thank you," She said.

"Watch out!" The blitz specialist yelled, though he was still holding her. Sabin swung her around his body attempting to hurt the ghost but the kick went right through it. "This isn't working." He swung her out of his arms in one move and used his aura bolt the ghost was hit but the hole repaired itself and it came back for more.


Edgar was shooting at high speed with his drill but it missed and was hit the mountain side instead, causing an avalanche. "Get out of the way!" The king shouted. They ran for cover and the ghost faded there forms to avoid the rocks and boulders.


"We better re-group, come on!" Edgar shouted; they took cover inside a cave but the ghost flew around looking for them so the returners headed to the back of the cave. "We should be safe in here...." Sabin said, but little blue lights appeared in the caves entrance and they kept moving so they wouldn't be seen.


* * *


Flying in his air ship to return to the others, Setzer looked around him.


'The night came so quickly' He thought. 'What's that light?' leaving the wheel the gambler went to the tip of the ship for a better look. There was a tiny blue light flickering down below. 'Could be someone who needs help,' He thought. 'better go down and have a look.'


Setzer went back to the wheel and steered the ship towards the ground, as he got closer he saw a face appear behind a blue mist. "What is that?" The gambler thought out loud.


There was a low plea coming from the light. "Help me Setzer..." 'Terra?' He thought remembering what the others had said when they first met about her weird behavior sometimes, maybe this was the effect of her magic.


"Help me." It said, and flew into the air. "Wait!" He called out following her; at one point he turned the lights on but he had to shut them off again because he couldn't see her through the gleam.


'Where is she taking me?' The glow flew fast and he almost had a hard time keeping up, but he had. Faster and faster they went until. "Hahahahaa." She laughed disappearing. "Terra-...Whoa!!!" Setzer pulled up on the wheel, he had nearly smacked into a mountain and as he tightly flew the ship up into the air to avoid it the bottom scraped up against the mountain side, but, it came out of it fine.


'That was weird, I wonder why she would do that? Unless of course it wasn't her, but who could do something like that?' The gambler wondered as he re-leveled the ship, he saw another field on the other side of the mountain, and....Locke! He was being attacked! Setzer flew the ship down and headed towards him.