Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Final Fantasy VI: The Final Judgement ❯ Another World (Part 5) ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 18.


The airship. "Where are you taking us? We need to go find the others?" Locke shouted through the gusts of wind.


"We're going back for Terra, than we'll go find the others." Setzer was saying.


"It would take a lot more time to locate them off the top our heads than to find her." Locke couldn't argue with that, but he still replied with, "Listen, I know you have a thing for her now, but, the others could be in trouble."


Setzer thought for a moment about it and turned the ship around. "You're right, it would be a tragedy if something was to happen to the-..." His words stopped midway as he looked out into the darkness.


"It can't be?" The gambler whispered seeing a familiar face flying beside him in the falcon. "Come on Setzer, lets see what that hunk of junk is made out of!" Daryl shouted. "Oh ho, you're on, hot shot." He replied flying the Black Jack II after her.


"What are you doing?" Locke asked watching Setzer get off their course and talk to himself. "The guys went that way, remember?" He pointed.


Setzer couldn't hear him though he was flying straight towards a mountain range and didn't look as though he were going to stop. "Come on, Setzer!" Daryl called to him.


"Setzer listen to me! What the hell are you doing?!" Locke was shouting now and was beginning to think they were actually flying straight for the mountain.

"Look! There's the finish line!" The woman shouted, "Better catch up!"


Setzer went moved the ship a lot faster and after a few seconds he passed her with a laugh. "Now to claim victory!"


There was a flash of the morning air, then the night, and the mountain range. Locke's eyes widened with every second they got closer to it. "We're gonna crash!" The thief ran over to wheel pushing Setzer out of the way, knocking him into the side of the mountain but the thief hadn't noticed while he turned the wheel as sharply as he could.


The ship's side smashed into the mountain making a horrible scrapping sound. Trees that were on it, snapped in half slipping down off the balloons top side, dropping down the deck. Locke some how managed to steer it into the woods and made the landing. The thief sank to his knees with a sigh, then looked around for Setzer.


"You idiot! What did you think you were doing?!" He walked over to Setzer and kicked him in the leg. "Come on, get up. We have to get there on foot now cause I think your engine is busted- again."

Locke looked the gambler over but he wasn't moving. "Come on, the landing wasn't that bad, you've probably survived worse right?" Setzer didn't make a sound. "Setzer?" He knelt down and felt for a pulse. "Oh my God...he's dead."