Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Final Fantasy Warriors ❯ A New Beginning ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Kado is a fifteen year-old who is a genius with computers, loves drawing, and loves Final Fantasy, a popular video game series where he lives. He gets all of his friends into Final Fantasy also, so they love it, too. His best friend Crystal is very into the games. Crystal often goes over to Kado’s house to play, because his family has quite a lot of money, so he has all of the newest games. He also had a very expensive computer. Kado usually draws characters from whatever games Crystal plays. One day while she was over, she was playing Final Fantasy X, he was scanning some new pictures he drew onto his computer. Once Kado had finished scanning, he watched her play for awhile. After a few minutes, she asked him to draw a picture of Yuna. He pulled out a piece of paper, and then began to draw. After about thirty minutes, he had a drawing that looked exactly like Yuna. He set the picture on his desk, and then, using a program he created himself, began to design a world like the one of Final Fantasy VII. He finished very quickly, and then scanned Yuna onto his computer, and then transferred that file into the world he had made. He called her over, she paused the game, and then they both watched as the computer took in the animation and digitalized it. They saw Yuna appear into Midgar, and saw realistically as all of the people bustled around the big town. Suddenly, the game and TV shut off. Crystal looked over, but they both just stood there, looking awkward. Then the light to his room shut off. They looked around, but couldn’t see even a foot in the darkness. They both turned to the computer screen, which provided a dull green light. Then they saw Yuna disappear, and the computer screen slowly die and fade away. They sat there in the darkness for about two minutes, and then the screen blared out a white light. They squinted and shielded their eyes, but the light was too much. A dark aura shot out from the screen, and they felt as if the world began to spin the other direction. They felt themselves being pulled by a strong shift of gravity, and then fainted. When Kado finally woke up, he saw people in business suites walking around them. He was on a damp sidewalk, and he could see Crystal on the ground beside him. He sorely moved his arm to wake her. She suddenly shook awake.
“Where am I?” she asked.
“Crystal, doesn’t this place look kind of familiar?” Kado asked her with an odd look on his face. Kado’s eyes still hurt from the light, but he saw a sign and was trying to figure out what it said.
“Shir... Shira... Shirna...” he said , but then it hit him like a silver bullet. “Shinra!” he shouted. Suddenly out of the sky above them, a girl dressed in colorful clothing appeared about five feet above them. She floated there for a few seconds, and then fell onto them.
“Where am I?” she asked once she opened her eyes.
“And doesn’t that voice sound familiar?” Kado asked, but this time Crystal knew the answer.
“Yuna!” she shouted.
“Yes?” the lady asked. She stood up and looked at them. “Don’t I know you two from somewhere?”