Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Final Fantasy X-2: TRYP ❯ The Dream Isn't Over Yet ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Final Fantasy X.

Author's notes:Anything in boldis Al Bhed.

This story is Final Fantasy X-2 but with an incredible amount of twists, such as a new main character. It's not longer YRP but TRYP. Enjoy!

------------------------------

"3…2... 1..." The audience shouted as one voice, pounding the air with a fist as each word left their mouths. "Zero!"

A woman wearing a white dress stood upon the platform and opened her eyes, one green, one blue, and walked towards the middle. A white light surrounded her and music played in the background, after the light faded the woman wore a new outfit consisting of revealing layers of blue and black. The audience roared their approval and the woman's voice joined the music.

"What can I do for you?" She sang, swaying her body back and forth in rhythm.

None noticed two women sneaking in the concert, except for the guards.

"Hey!" One of the entrance guards growled. One of the women, a short blonde, gave a wink and the other, a light black haired woman, hit him with the handle of her sword while he was distracted.

"Hay is for Chocobo's!" the blonde joked as the guard hit the floor. When the other girl didn't even crack a smile the blonde got frustrated. "Come on Paine! It was funny!"

"I don't know who taught you funny, Rikku, but that wasn't it," Paine replied. "Now hide this guard's body, I'm going after the thief."

"Right Dr. P!" Rikku saluted and dragged the guard into another room. Paine sighed and placed her hand on the bridge where her nose met her forehead.

"Don't call me that," She said, but Rikku didn't hear. Paine lowered her hand and jogged to the concert, tossing a wave to Rikku to let her know she'd left. Rikku, after hiding the body, walked out of the room and raised the hidden microphone to her lips. "Y R P….in position….Let's go girls." She then followed Paine's path, walking onto a balcony and waiting for a floating guitarist to swing by. Rikku took out a pair of binoculars and zoomed in on the singer, waving her finger in beat with the music. Just because she was on a mission didn't mean she couldn't have fun-

"What're you doing?" A masculine voice questioned from behind her.

-Or maybe she couldn't. Rikku turned around and gave the guard a weak smile; one she hoped would disarm his defenses. When he continued to glare she resorted to Plan B: Beat the tar out of him. With a quick punch to his face and a follow-up to the stomach, there was an unconscious guard at her feet. She smiled to herself and resumed watching the concert. Meanwhile Paine had her own guard problems as she walked in. The guard pointed his baton at her and charged, but he'd made the mistake of underestimating Paine and was rewarded with an instant nap from a powerful kick. As Paine brushed off her hands Rikku flew by on one of the guitarists floats. Perfect timing as the singer had just finished her song when Rikku and Paine landed in front of her.

"Give it back!" Rikku yelled, but the singer merely smiled as two men in armor marched in front of her.

"You want in on this number? She said to the men. "Then show me your moves!"

Their moves, unfortunately for them, only seemed to be falling to the ground sleeping. Then again, when two angry women with weapons knock them out there's not many moves to learn.

"I could dance all night," Paine taunted.

"Sorry!" The singer's voice had changed, now becoming high and shrill, irritating Paine. "No room for an encore!" With that said a bright light flashed and she used it as a distraction to run, but Rikku and Paine had expected something like this and followed with their eyes covered. When the flash faded they uncovered their eyes and continued their chase.

"Hold still!" Rikku whined as she ran. All she wanted was the sphere the woman had stolen, not to run a marathon. Oddly dressed people lined themselves up in front of Rikku and Paine, obviously trying to stop them.

"Pathetic," Paine said as she stepped over the bodies. "These weren't hired for quality."

"Quantity works too!" Rikku said, trying to regain her breath. "They're trying to slow us down."

"No whining," Paine ordered and continued the chase. Rikku followed and for a few minutes they chased the thief.

"Hey, you run too fast!" Rikku yelled.

"You're too slow little girl," An accented voice said. Rikku turned around in surprise to see a man with a set of guns as the source.

"Show's over!" A fat man with a shield on his back laughed loudly, marching up to the revolver-wielding man.

"Yeowch," Rikku winced. These two seemed a lot tougher than the regulars she'd been fighting.

"This way!" Paine commanded, running. Rikku nodded and followed. Unfortunately the men gave chase, but were stopped by a woman shooting at them with a pair of guns. She leaped up and flipped over them, landing next to Rikku and Paine.

"Yunie!" Rikku shouted with glee.

"Good timing Yuna," Paine said.

"Where's the imposter?!" Yuna demanded from the two guards. She didn't like the fact that a woman had taken the songstress outfit and pretended to be her in front of thousands of people.

The men, who'd hunched over to dodge the bullets, now stood up with weapons ready.

"She defeated Sin, Logos," The fat man said quietly. "How can we beat her?"

"Quiet Ormi," Logos hushed. "Do you want the heel?"

"That's quite enough sniveling boys," The singer, who looked exactly like Yuna, said, walking up to them. She aimed a glare at the three in front of her. "Persistent aren't you?"

"Leblanc?" Logos raised his eyebrows.

"Boss?" Ormi mirrored his partner's expression.

"My grid?" Yuna demanded, holding out her hand.

"You give us Yunie's garment grid right now!" Rikku ordered.

"Didn't you girls ever learn to share?" The imposter said mockingly.

"Give it back!" Yuna said through clenched teeth. The imposter shrugged.

"Very well, it's yours," She said, tossing the sphere to them. Almost as soon as Yuna cought it the imposter whipped out a fan and changed back to what she normally looked like; a blonde woman with an odd purplish dress and a heart on her cleavage. "But it won't be yours for long loves!"

Yuna changed into her songstress outfit and immediately began her dancing spell of darkness, causing a black cloud to cover Ormi, Logos, and Leblanc. They all aimed attacks at YRP, but in the end managed to only hit each other, and, after landing blows on only themselves, decided to run away.

"I won't let you off so easily next time!" Leblanc yelled before running into a wall. Ormi grabbed and carried her over his shoulder, before plowing into Logos, who'd been going the wrong way. They all ended up falling into the water near the docking port of Luca. Rikku laughed loudly, clutching her sides.

"Rikku, look," Paine's voice interrupted her mirth. Rikku turned to see Yuna dancing.

"Hey! What?" Yuna was saying, but her body continued dancing. Time froze for all except Yuna as a woman with long brown hair and matching eyes appeared in front of her. A voice rang in her head:

Help me find my love and I'll give you yours.

"What-who are you?" Yuna took a step back.

It's of no importance, not yet at least. I'm here to offer you something, your Tidus will be revived if you help me.

Tidus; Yuna's first and only love. She'd become a sphere hunter after finding a record of him, hoping to find more.

"What do you want me to do?" Yuna asked.

Gagazet… The woman began to fade. Yuna gasped.

"No wait!"

Don't worry, I'll be back…so will Tidus. She faded completely and time resumed again. Yuna didn't know what to think when she saw the ship Brother flew land near her. Rikku and Paine walked on it, but Yuna lingered a bit, hoping to catch a glimpse of the woman who'd promised something she'd do anything for.

"Come on Yunie!" Rikku called out. Yuna turned a gave a little smile to Rikku before hopping onto the ship.

"You looked like you were enjoying yourself!" Rikku nudged Yuna as they entered the bridge.

"Yeah…" Yuna said quietly.

"You did get back the Garment Grid?" The little boy on a computer asked.

"Of course!" Rikku posed dramatically and Yuna joined her.

"Don't worry Shinra," Paine said to the boy. "You're invention is fine, but I'd like to know why it let Leblanc look exactly like Yuna."

"I don't think it was exactly alike!" Yuna protested. Shinra ignored her.

"I can't really say." He said.

"But it's you're invention," The man at the navigation controls, Buddy, said.

Shinra stood up in his seat and faced them. "I'm just a kid," He shrugged. Brother coughed loudly, drawing everyone's attention to himself.

"Dancing Yuna?" He asked in disbelief. "I want to see!"

Yuna giggled. "It'll cost you!"

"One moment…" Brother began checking his pockets.

Paine sighed and placed her hand on her brow. "She's kidding."

"What? No dance?" Before Brother could make a bigger fool of himself the computers began beeping. "New data! Gullwings to your stations!"

Rikku, Buddy, and Brother ran to their part of the bridge and Paine turned to Yuna.

"We're going to have to wait until Buddy gets some more info, go ahead and rest a bit," She said. Yuna nodded and left the bridge, heading towards the cabin. She greeted Barkeep, the blue Hypello, and laid down on one of the beds. Sighing to herself, she closed her eyes and relaxed.

"A sphere's been found on Gagazet! Yuna come to the bridge!" Brother's voice came over the intercom.

No rest for the Gullwings. Yuna ran back to the bridge.

"We've got a sphere on the sacred ruins of Mt. Gagazet," Buddy typed on the keyboard while explaining to Yuna. Rikku looked out the window.

"We've gotta climb that?" She whined.

"Of course not!" Brother chimed in. "We'll fly to the top, head to the engine room. I'll tell you when to get off." YRP nodded and all three ran to the room.

"What kinda sphere do you think it is?" Rikku asked as they went down the lift.

"We'll find out when we get to it," Paine said, ending the conversation before it started.

"Jump onto the platform below!" Brother's voice rang out.

"He wants us to jump out," Rikku translated, pointing to the walkway below the ship…way below the ship. Yuna 'eeped a little as Paine leaped off, but she landed perfectly. Rikku didn't fair as well and managed to fall on her butt, otherwise she was okay. Yuna took a deep breath and followed suit, landing with a bit of a stumble, but better than Rikku had. Unfortunately, Yuna looked down. Her eyes widened and she felt incredibly dizzy, legs collapsing underneath her.

"Yuna!" Rikku and Paine said at the same time, holding onto her before she fell.

"I'm…fine…" Yuna said softly.

"What's going on?" Brother shouted over the com. "Is everything okay?"

"Disasterrific!" Rikku shouted back.

"Disasterrific is not a word! Say disastrous like the rest of Spira!" Brother critiqued. Rikku rolled her eyes and placed a hand on Yuna's shoulder.

"You okay now?" She asked her cousin. Yuna nodded and stood up.

"Absolutely!" She did her best to avoid looking down.

"This way," Paine led the way across the ruins, jumping over eroded parts until they reached a fallen bridge.

"We're not getting across this way," Rikku groaned.

"Let's find another route," Paine suggested. They headed down some stairs and into a seemingly empty room.

"A dead end," The red-eyed woman stated.

"Just great!" Rikku sighed. A glowing emblem caught Yuna's attention.

"Think this Machina still works?" She walked over to it and looked closely.

"Wait!" Paine said, but her cry came too late as Yuna pressed it. Immediately the section of the floor they stood on began to lower.

"I wonder how safe this is…" Yuna said nervously, despite having pressed the button. Paine sighed as the floor continued down. Rikku grinned and held up the victory sign. All good feelings disappeared though as the floor gave a mighty rumble and fell the rest of the way down, leaving a trail of screams from the three women on it. Eventually it landed, only bruising Yuna's dignity and Rikku's rump.

"It stopped," Yuna said in relief.

"Owie…" Rikku rubbed her injured area.

"Yuna, don't just press the button next time," Paine said. Yuna rubbed the back of her head and laughed nervously.

"Yeah, that might be a good idea," She said. Rikku stood up and Paine continued to lead on the path, but before getting very far they heard a cry of pain.

"Who's there?" Yuna called out. Leblanc and her sidekicks, Ormi and Logos, fell from a ledge in a giant heap. Leblanc quickly got up and put a hand on her mouth to cover a laugh.

"Er, Leblanc!" She said, brushing herself off. "Remember that name well loves!"

Rikku imitated Paine by putting her hand on her brow.

"Don't do that," Paine ordered. Rikku saluted.

"Maybe she'll go away if we ignore her," Yuna suggested.

"Don't ignore me!" Leblanc screeched, causing everyone to wince. "Amateurs."

"Amateurs?" Paine scoffed. "Weren't you following us?"

"Following?" Leblanc laughed. "Mere coincidence is more like it!" With a groan Ormi and Logos got up, and, upon noticing YRP, grinned as evilly as they could.

"You was right Boss," Ormi laughed.

"Indeed!" Logos agreed. "Following them has paid off splendidly." Yuna, Rikku, and even Paine laughed at hearing this. Leblanc's face flushed.

"Laugh, while you can," Leblanc threw down an object and a bright light blinded them.

"She's getting hurt," Paine said while coughing.

"She's gone!" Yuna exclaimed after the light had died down. Rikku growled and took off after them.

"Rikku wait!" Yuna and Paine yelled before chasing their friend. When they'd gotten close, Logos walked out of a doorway in front of them.

"You look a bit flushed, why don't you catch your breath?" Logos aimed at Rikku, who raised her arms to protect herself, and fired three times, before running off.

"Rikku!" Paine and Yuna yelled. A sword appeared in front of Rikku and blocked the bullets, then disappeared.

"What was that?" Yuna asked herself. That sword had looked familiar, but it moved too fast. She'd only been able to see a blur once it began moving.

"Grrr!" Rikku growled. "Let's get them!" And, once again, she took off, leaving Paine and Yuna to give chase.

"Rikku please wait!" Yuna yelled. Paine had now caught up to her, but was joining the chase instead of stopping it.

"You know how I hate the damp!" Leblanc's voice carried through the cave Yuna'd entered.

"Sorry boss," Ormi and Logos echoed. At least she knew they were close, but the ex-summoner still needed to catch up to her friends first. Was she that out of shape? Oustide of the tunnel now, she could see Ormi confronting her friends.

"Better show the ladies a nice welcome!" Ormi laughed, throwing a grenade at them and running away. Before the grenade had landed, the sword appeared again and knocked it away and off the path. Rikku and Paine chased after Ormi, but Yuna stayed behind.

Twice now that sword has appeared. Is it a guardian of Gagazet? No, Kimahri would've mentioned it. Yuna's thoughts were interrupted as screams pierced her ears. Yuna broke the record of any speed she'd set running to help her friends, but when she arrived she saw that somehow Ormi, Logos, and Leblanc had fallen off a ledge and were hanging on for dear life. Rikku and Paine were debating whether to help, leave them, or give them a nudge.

"Would-would you stop staring?" Leblanc demanded. Yuna shrugged and headed up to her friends.

"Thanks for waiting!" Yuna said sarcastically. Rikku smiled weakly and Paine shrugged.

"We're right next to the sphere, it's inside," Paine pointed to the building near them. Yuna sighed.

"Okay, let's go get it," The thought of a sphere drove out the sword from her mind. When they entered a strange mist was inside, sending chills down the Gullwing's spines.

"Look out!" Yuna cried out, pointing towards a large spider-looking monster.

"It figures we'd run into something like this," Rikku whimpered.

"Find a sphere and the fiends appear," Paine commented, drawing her skull-engraved sword. The spider fell off the ceiling and landed in front of them, roaring. Paine immediately leaped at it, weaving through it's attacks and hitting it with her sword. Rikku followed suit, but Yuna stayed back and fired her guns at it, making sure not to hurt her partners. She thought she saw the mysterious sword appear and strike a few blows, but she dismissed it. Eventually the monster fell and pyreflies came from it.

"We beat it!" Yuna did a victory pose.

"An empty victory," Paine deadpanned. The door behind the monster opened, revealing a sphere…and the clouded figure of a man. His hair was obviously spiky, but when he stepped into the light it was revealed to be blonde. His blue eyes locked with Yuna's.

"This is what you've been doing the two years I've been gone?" He chuckled. Yuna hesitantly stepped forward, not sure if it was him.

"T-Tidus?" She asked hesitantly.

"I'm home Yuna," He said. Yuna immediately bolted to him and threw herself into his arms, almost knocking him over.

"You're here to stay?" She asked, burying her head into his chest.

"Yeah," Tidus said. Rikku grinned nice and big, but Paine just looked confused.

"I'll explain later," Rikku said to Paine, who nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The first chapter of FFX-2: TRYP. Yes, it was rushed, but I wanted Tidus in there ASAP. The next chapters will be done much better so I hope to have faithful readers. Please don't flame, if you don't like it tell me why and what I should do to fix it. If you just say "This story sucks, I don't think Yuna would do this, blah blah blah." Then don't bother reviewing. Those who want me to update though, do review.