Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Glass Tower ❯ Drama ( Chapter 7 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

#6 Drama
[word count: 338]
 
Her mascara had run badly with the onset of her tears. The inky tear stains on her face made her look dramatic and tragic. At that moment she was almost lovely, though her lips were swollen with sorrow and her face flushed from the exertions of her sobbing.
 
“I…I don't understand,” She choked out, “I thought that you loved me.”
 
“When did I ever say that?” Rufus asked coolly, knowing very well that he never had.
 
She started to cry again and he sighed softly as he glanced around the dorm's commons. Rufus was glad that it was so late and that no one was around. All this drama was starting to get embarrassing.
 
“You…you were always…so good to me. I didn't need the words because you showed me that you loved me every day.”
 
“Really Rosalind, don't be a fool. We've only been seeing each other for a few weeks.”
 
“Time is never a factor when you truly care about someone,” Rosalind proclaimed melodramatically. “What did I do wrong? You must tell me that much!”
 
Rufus frowned at her, wondering just how much he should tell her. The total truth would be devastating and though Rufus really didn't care about Rosalind, he wanted to make this break as clean as possible.
 
“You did nothing wrong,” Rufus told her softly, “I suppose that I just don't like the idea of being tied to another person.”
 
“Liar,” Rosalind hissed.
 
When he favoured her with a mild expression of surprise, Rufus saw something strange in her eyes. Maybe she understood more than he ever gave her credit.
 
“Yes, I am,” Rufus admitted.
 
“So…I don't even deserve the real reason why you're breaking up with me?” Her small, pretty face became hard and somewhat mean.
 
“No,” Rufus shook his head curtly, “I'm sorry, but it's getting late….”
 
“Yes, of course,” She acknowledged stiffly. “Good night, Rufus. Perhaps we'll speak more on this matter tomorrow.”
 
It was strangely unnerving to see how her manners were retained even as he broke her heart.