Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Guardian Angels ❯ Guardian Angels ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Guardian Angels

By Karasu Kizu lionna@execpc.com

no rating

shonen-ai... but you can hardly tell. Cloud's POV, talking to Sephiroth. After-game. Odd ficlet, very short, but rather dark and angsty. It's more of a script... I plan on trying my hand at a doujinshi with this.

Disclaimers: characters aren't mine -_-;;

August 6, 2001

~Hajime~

You see... I figured you were not human...

I always thought you as something above - higher and out of reach of my grasp.

You were my Guardian Angel, I thought.

I truly did. For years... and even after it was you, my Guardian Angel, who ruined a life which was already falling apart...

I thought you my Guardian Angel - when you freed me from Shinra's holding cells and killed the president. When you told me which path you were traveling. When you started to make me remember.

You know, I thought that, kept trying to convince myself, even after you killed others... even after I lost hope and just gave in to serve your wishes.

I'm sorry that I failed you.

If I had seen clearly... if I had only seen sooner...

I can never completely apologize for the wrong I have done you. For the life I let you lose. I let you fall, dear one. I let you cross over into midair with only one wing to fly. It never occurred to me that...

Guardian Angels come in pairs; they never can fly alone... for they...

............they only have one wing...

And I let you fly alone...

So sorry. I wish you could hear me tell you just how sorry I am...

And I...? I'm stranded, now; I left myself thus... With only one wing, I cannot fly. My partner gone... It is what I deserve, of course, since I let your life be lost, mine, too, is over.

We should have seen sooner, shouldn't we?

You can only fly with two wings. But Guardian Angels, they have only one...

~Owari~