Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ In This Life ❯ Reuniting With Old Friends ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

In This Life

-By Strider Evenstar-

Chapter 1: Reuniting With Old Friends

The sun rose in the city of Balamb. Light poured into the window of Leo Tribal's room. He soon awoke and groaned, pulling the pillow over his head and burying his face in his other pillow. He could soon hear his mother, Garnet, coming up the stairs to wake him up.

"Leo! It's time to get up!" She demanded, banging her fist on the door. "It's your first day of school today! Just think, you're in grade 10 now." Leo groaned and rolled over. He soon got up though, knowing his mother wouldn't stop bugging him to get up. He stood up and stretched. He was in his boxers. He had two neck chains around his neck. He threw on a baggy black shirt with a silver dragon on it and baggy dark blue jeans.

Once Leo was downstairs, he saw his mother, Garnet cooking at the stove. The nice aroma of French toast filled the room. He saw his father, Zidane, sitting at the table reading a newspaper. Leo went passed the kitchen to the bathroom and spiked his brown hair in all directions. It has blond tips at the end. Once Leo was all ready, he came out and looked at the clock. 8:30am

"Aw man!! I'm late and it's the first day!!" He freaked out. Zidane started laughing at him, swishing his tail back and forth. His father, Zidane, was a Genome. That made Leo a Genome too, so he also had a tail. He ran out the door. "Bye mom! Bye dad!"

Once Leo was in his drive way, he saw his skateboard, and hopped on it, skating down the street. He had 15 minutes to get to school. Soon though, he arrived at his school, Balamb High. He stepped off his skateboard and flipped it and held onto it. Once he was in the school he soon saw two familiar faces. They were two girls. One had long black hair with blond streaks, blue eyes, a white tank top and baggy khakis. The other one had long blue hair that was braided and tied with a perfect red bow in the back. She had a baggy light blue t-shirt on and dark jean shorts. She wore boots and had emerald eyes. She was a Ctarl, half human, and half cat. The other girl had pointy ears. She was half elf.

It was Erin Malfoy and Aiko Himayo.

"Hey guys!" Leo shouted walking up to the two girls.

"Hey Leo! How's it goin'?" Erin asked. Aiko had a mischievous smile on her face.

"Long time no see, Leo." Aiko said, smiling 'sweetly'. She then snuck her hand behind Leo and yanked on his tail.

"OUCH!! AIKO WHAT ARE YOU DOING?? STOP IT!!!!" Leo screamed. This caused passer-byes to stare. Aiko glared at them.

"Do you MIND?" She asked, letting go of Leo's tail as he fell to the ground. She then pushed her blue hair back and walked down the hall. "I'll see you guys later!" Erin just stared at her friend confused as she disappeared into the crowd. Then, she looked down at Leo and helped him up.

"So Leo," Erin started. "How's stuff?" Leo brushed dust off his pants.

"Well you know…the usual. I wrote a few more songs…" Leo said. He and Erin had a rock band along with their other friend, Orion.

"Nice." She said. The two then continued down the hall. They soon saw Juliet, who was standing at her locker, looking in the mirror on the door, and fixing her lipstick. "Juliet!" The woman turned to them and smiled. Her brown eyes locked on her two friends.

"Hey guys!" She said, sounding a bit mischievous about something. She had long straight dark green hair, and wore a pink tank-top and tight dark blue shorts. "What are you doing?"

"Absolutely NOTHING." Erin replied. "What about you?" Juliet kind of blushed. Erin's eyes immediately grew.

"Uhh…Leo? Could you please uh…go for a minute?" Juliet asked. Leo rolled his eyes and nodded his head. He continued down the halls by himself till he came across Aiko again. She was outside. She seemed to be riding something. Leo got closer and soon noticed it was …a skateboard?!

He immediately got surprised and headed outside and pushed through the crowd towards his friend.

"Aiko!! What are you doing?!" Leo freaked.

"Shut up monkey tail!" Aiko demanded. "If you can do it, anyone can!" She soon stepped onto her skateboard and started riding. "YEAH! I'm doing it!!"

"Uhh Aiko?" Leo started. "Stop! You're doing it wrong, you're gonna-" Suddenly Leo covered his eyes and herd a huge CRASH. There was silence.

"Hehe…I'm alright!" He heard Aiko confess. There was a huge crowd of people around her. Leo just shook his head and walked off. He eventually found his best friend, Orion, wandering around the school.

"Hey." Leo said.

"Hey" Orion replied. They walked around together and talked about the usual, when the bell rang.

"Well this is the start of it all…" Leo declared. "The question is…WHY?!" Leo wondered out loud. Orion just shrugged and yawned.

"Let's just go to homeroom." He said. They walked together down the crowded hallways and soon found their homeroom. Inside sat Erin and Juliet sitting together at a desk. Aiko was in there too, laying down dramatically at the back table from her former accident. Leo and Orion decided to sit behind Juliet and Erin, and in front of Aiko.

"Are you alive in there?!" Orion yelled into Aiko's ear.

"AHHHHH!!!" Aiko screamed, going five feet into the air. "ORION KTULU COME HERE SO I CAN HIT YOU!!" Orion fell on the floor laughing, but soon stopped once he saw Aiko running straight towards him at full speed.

"Uh-oh." Orion said under his breath. He jumped up and darted around the classroom, with Aiko following behind him closely. Leo just sat down and took a deep breath in.

"Sigh…some things never change." He said, laying back.

"Oh Leo! Look who's in our homeroom this year!" Erin suddenly blurted out as she saw someone walk into the room. Leo opened one eye to see a girl with brown hair and black extensions walking into the room. She wore black clothes and was riding her skate board. It was April, Leo's long time crush. He turned a bit red when he saw her come in and plop down with her friends.

"Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww." Juliet squeeled. Leo's face turned even more red.

"Ah shuddup." He replied, closing his eyes again. "I don't like her anymore!"

"Yeah right!" Erin laughed. She was quiet for a minute. "Hey Leo, I think April's lookin' at you…"

"Huh?!" Leo suddenly jumped looking around, this caused him to fall out of his chair. Erin and Juliet laughed. He got back up and cuffed Erin over the head.

"Hey! No hitting girls!" Erin said in a sarcastic whine. Just then, the teacher came in.

"Alright you juvenile delinquents, sit down so I can give you your time tables." The bald, round teacher said. His name was Mr Pilsburry. Nobody really listened and just continued talking. Orion soon came back and sat down with Leo, out of breath.

"OOOOOORION!" A familiar yelp screamed from the back of his head. Then, Orion felt a huge impact of bricks slam on his head as he fell to the ground. Aiko sat down, satisfied. She put the bag of bricks back in back pack and sat quietly.

"Why bricks?" Leo asked Aiko. She shrugged.

"You never know when you're gonna need them!" Aiko explained. Leo looked at her puzzled.

"Uhh Orion, get up…" Leo said, shaking his friend.

"No mom, I can't go to school…I uh got a stomach ache." Orion said, rolling over.

"GET UP ORION!" Leo yelled. This woke him up and he sat down by his friend. Once they all got their time tables and the bell rang, they all went their separate ways down the halls to their first class.

Strider's Note: Hey you, yah I know im starting another story and im still not done my others. But you'll get over it. I hope this story turns out well!! This chapter wuz kinda dumb but I think it'll hopefully get better. Please R&R!