Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Learning to Love You ❯ A3X ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Well, I still do not own FF7.

________________________________________________________
< p>Chapter 17

_________

Cloud glared at the woman who was now sitting across from him, her long silver hair a deep reminder of a man he used to admire, and ended up killing. "Who are you? And, why are you here?" He demanded, a look of determination on his sharp features.

Seeming to ignore the chatter of spiky-haired blond the woman turned her attention to the crow haired man, beside her. "Valentine, am I correct?" Receiving silence as an answer. "Yes, Indeed it is you. Good, I've been meaning to talk with you, I only wish I had got here sooner." Replied the woman, brushing back her hair, laying her hand upon the table.

"What is it you came here for?" Vincent asked coldly, and sternly, affecting the woman none.

"Your wife, is she still alive?"

"....."

"I am not going to hurt her, if that is what you are thinking and I would widely think so." Pause. "On the contrary, I want to help." Looking away the woman's eyes became distant. "Professor Nadrol. He is almost as much of a nutcase as Hojo was." Sighing the woman shook her head from the disturbing thoughts, and flipped her wrist over. "As you can see, I am marked as one of the 'Human-Jenova-Robotic Resurrection' projects, like yourself. But," Shaking her head, vigorously. "I've never, died."

Frowning, a claw arm firmly grabbed her wrist inspecting it. "Yes." Vincent replied letting go off the hand.

Annoyed, curious, and tired the mako-eyed man sighed, "At least tell us your name before you continue."

"Project A3X, or Lucia Ice Almasy, which ever you prefer. Either is fine with me." A3X replied, her voice monotone.

Reeve, puzzled stared at the woman, "Why do you want to help them, and how did you get here May I ask."

"I had been trying to escape for months, years. Not really sure how long it was. Anyway, I got away and that is what was important. Ever since I had been there I heard about Valentine this, Valentine that. Stuff I know I should not have been hearing." Lucia sighed, her face gazing away as she battled through her thoughts of past memories.

Sighing she took a sip of the water Tifa had just set down, as she listened to her speak. "In all honesty I can't say I am doing this because I am sad about the way Hojo or Nadrol do their 'work'. Since I do not have emotions of that sort any longer, not to my knowledge at least." Pause. "Reason being, I've reflected on my previous emotions I used to have on this ...situations. And, I have come to the conclusion that, I would care and try to help, so."

"Your doing this to feel like what you once we're." Vincent concluded, receiving a small nod.

Lucia sighed, her head downcast. "Summed up, yes. And, I also owe your wife more than anything I could ever give her."

"What do you mean, you owe her? You've met her?" Tifa asked, curiosity kicking in.

"A, old friend you could say. I will get into that at a later time." Lucia said, her voice still as cold as before. "May I see her?"

"Yes. Come with me." Vincent said, standing and heading for the stairs, the woman A3X following.

Standing in the doorway, the woman sighed heavily gazing at the figure laying helpless and lost on the small cot, slowly she made her way over kneeling beside the bed. "C-could I talk with her, a minute. Alone?" L.I.A. asked softly, to the man standing beside her, his glowing red eyes transfixed on the sleeping woman.

Giving a small nod, he tore his eyes away from Yuffie, looking at her once more before stepping into the hall.

Crystal like eyes gazed at Mrs. Valentine, blinking twice before shaking her head. "I have failed you, and your mother." Lucia spoke, not noticing the man listening through the doorway. "I've disappointed you both, I'm sorry I could not have stayed around to protect you like I had promised all those years ago."

Standing the woman closed her eyes briefly, "This is my last chance, and I plan to pick the candy right." A3X half laughed, "Your Mother. Always so cheerful, just like you from what I have heard from your Father," Sighing she turned and opened the door to greet a former Turk standing a foot or two away.

He nodded, his eyes closing momentarily in a sign of respect. "Come, sleep." Vincent said graciously showing her to a bed in the corner of their room. "You'll need it tomorrow, I am supposing you already have a plan?" He more or so stated, walking off and leaving the woman to rest as she climbed under the sheets, dozing off quickly. 'I just hope it all goes as planned, then maybe... I can avenge Mrs. Kisaragi's death.'

*

_________________________________________________________ < p>*

TBC

*

___________________________________

Author's Note

________________

Well, this chapter I think is a little bit longer than the rest at least. Sorry just wanted to post another chapter.. Well, what do you think? What can I say I had to add another char into the story, plus I was lazy and felt like using my own name. -shrugs- It's a name, no biggie. Anyway, please Review!