Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Legend of the Final Materia ❯ Chapter 42

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 42

 

 

Cloud and Irvine helped Reno to his feet and dragged him towards the exit of the area they were in. They made the mistake of passing Shukera and she lifted her foot and kicked him in the head, knocking him unconscious.

 

Shukera walked away and grabbed her sword. She raised it in an attempt to stab Reno with it when Tifa grabbed her arm. "SHUKERA!!!"

 

Selphie grabbed the sword out of Shukera's hand and moved away from her with it. "We are not going to let you kill him!!!"

 

Shukera folded her arms not too happy that her sword was taken. "Fine! Then we take that piece of shit with us!! The first wrong move he makes and he's a dead man!!!"

 

They left the underwater reactor and quickly made their way back through the elevator, the dark corridor, and the glass tunnel. Soon after they joined the others.

 

During the time they were gone, Zell and the others managed to rig the entire city with explosives. Zell held the remote detonator in his hand and grinned. Barett and Cid waited rather impatiently for them to return.

 

When he spotted them Barett snapped, "Took ya ass long `nough!!"

 

Cloud and Irvine dragged Reno along with them and laughed, "Yeah well, we had an unexpected surprise."

 

Shukera walked up to Reno and snatched the ribbon from around his neck. "I should strangle his stupid ass with this!!!"

 

Tifa grabbed Shukera's arm and dragged her away from him. "Yeah and we almost witnessed Shukera killing Reno."

 

Barett laughed, "I would've charged admission for that!!"

 

Squall placed his hand on his hip. "Let's just go! We are wasting time!!"

 

The group made their way through the deserted town and gathered on the platform that took them to the town below. On their way through they searched the area for anyone who might still be around to warn them of what was going to happen, but they found no one. Shukera stepped towards the water and lowered her head. The water was so polluted that fish and all living creatures that once swam in it floated on the surface.

 

Tifa joined Shukera and lowered her head. Memories of the little girl and her dolphin entered her mind. She looked up to find that very dolphin floating along with the other sea life. She began sobbing and ran away from the sight.

 

Raijin stood next to Shukera and placed his hand on her shoulder. "Let's just blow this place…it's horrible."

 

Selphie stared at the water in horror. "How could someone allow this to happen??"

 

Shukera made a fist at her side as her eyes filled with water. "It's Shin Ra's handiwork. They could care less about what happened here." She turned away from the dead water and began making her way out of the town. "At least we will be doing them a favor."

 

Selphie traded a glance with Raijin and they slowly followed. The image of the sea life floating on the water left a lasting impression on Selphie's mind. She wondered how the people must have felt while that happening and knowing they could do nothing about it. She joined the ranks of Shukera and Barett in harboring hatred towards Shin Ra. When she boarded the airship, she waved her numchuks as tears rolled down her cheeks.

 

"Let's blow this place to smithereens!!!!"

 

Once they were in the air, they lined up along the deck of the ship facing Junon. Shukera stood between Raijin and Selphie as she waited to see the fireworks. Raijin rested his hand on Shukera's shoulder and she leaned against him, feeling spent. Cloud held Tifa as she cried silently over the little girl's dolphin. Irvine held his arms around Selphie's waist as he waited. The others just looked on in anticipation.

 

Zell winked at Yuffie as he held the remote device in his hand. "Watch the fire fly!!!" He flipped the safety switch and pressed the button.

 

Within seconds Junon erupted in flames as an explosion rocked the entire area. A shockwave spread out across the land below and out to the sea, showering it with debris. Selphie shouted as she grabbed on to the railing to brace herself, "HOLD ON!!!!" A shockwave pulsed out, slammed into the ship and rocked it side ways throwing everyone to the deck. When the ship steadied once again, the group stood back to their feet and cheered.

 

The airship circled the area as they watched Junon and the small town fall to its destruction by the fire. Now Junon was a mere memory, a shell of what it was once before. Soldier will never be build to the strength it was before with their headquarters gone. The once majestic city that stood next to the ocean was now disintegrating under the flames and the scorching heat. The explosion also took out the underwater reactor below Junon; the secrets of the reactor forever buried in the rubble.

 

Barett laughed as he hit Zell on the back. "Man this kid is a regula' demolitions expert!!!"

 

Shukera leaned her head on Raijin's shoulder as she continued to watch Junon burn. "Yeah but what a sight to behold." Her eyes felt heavy and she fought to keep them open.

 

Raijin saw this and looked up at the others. "I think we need to find place ta stay, ya know."

 

Squall placed his hand on his hip. "Yeah a place to lay low for a while till we can regroup and figure out what to do next."

 

Yuffie waved her hands, "The ninja Yuffie to the rescue once again!! You can stay in Wutai!! No one will be able to find you there nor would they expect you to go there."

 

Selphie laughed as Raijin caught Shukera in his arms. She went limp as she fell asleep, exhausted from the past events. "Squall, I think we should take her up on her offer."

 

Squall and Cloud glanced at each other and nodded.

 

Yuffie made thumbs up notion and motioned to Cid. "Come on old man!! You know where Wutai is!! Let's go!!" She grabbed her stomach and turned green. "I know I'm going to regret this!!" She made a run for her normal hiding spot.

 

Zell ran after her, "Hey Yuffie wait!!!"