Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Moment's in life ❯ Part one:Chapter six ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/n: you know there really isn't that many Cloti stories out there. You'd think there would be. I mean I understand the cloud aeris stories but tifa and vincent or worse yet RUFUS! Come on what sense does that make guys. Ok Im sorry about ripping on those stories and I apologize, I'm just voicing my opinion. If I get flames for saying that I welcome them with open arms. I AM NOT AFRAID OF BEING BURNED! I'm not afraid of anything…except maybe the roller-skating rapping samurai's from seven samurai 20xx. That game disgraced that great movie I was so mad at that game.

Part One:

Chapter 6

Craig T. Young

"Ok done with the first floor." Cloud sighed happily "just one more to go." Cloud dumped his bucket of pink water in the sink and trudged upstairs. The upstairs was in fairly better shape. There was no blood on the floor just two ransacked rooms. Cloud started folding the cloths that were strewn about and put them in the dresser draws. While he was doing this he noticed a picture that lay on Tifa's bed. The glass was badly shattered, but the picture remained in tacked and unscathed. The picture showed a beaming Mr. Lockhart and a very exhausted looking Mrs. Lockhart in a bed holding a little baby witch cloud assumed to be Tifa.


"So he did come back to the house." Cloud said taking the picture out of the broken frame and setting it on top of Tifa's piano. An hour later cloud had finished and was liberally spraying the lilac scented air spray around the house to drowned out the smell of death. After he was done Cloud stuck his head out an open window and sat like that for a while.


"Ahem. You boy tell me where the blacksmith is?" a tall black man dressed in a shinra uniform asked. Cloud gave him the dirtiest look he could muster for calling him a boy.


"He is not here" cloud said coldly.


"Is this not his house?" the man said keeping his monotone voice.


"Yeah it is his house, but he is not here. I'm his apprentice is there something I can help you with?" cloud asked opening the door and inviting him in. the tall man just stood there and asked.


"How is the progress on our titanium blades?" the shinra soldier asked keeping his ground at the front porch.


"None existent." Cloud said with a hint of smugness in his voice.


"Why?" the man said coldly


"Like I said he is not here and I don't think he'll be back soon." Cloud said strongly.


"Listen closely boy, these blades are very, very important and if there not done in three weeks when next I come. I'll make you regret it." The tall black man said lifting Cloud up by the shirt collar up to his face.


"They'll be done by then." Cloud said slowly nodding his head.


"Good" the strong soldier said as he set him on the floor. Cloud smoothed out his wrinkled shirt and looked at the neatly piled silver bar that lay by the door.


"Umm well I guess this shouldn't be a problem." Cloud said moving the neat pile by the metal oven in the smith.


#$#@$%$%%**(()&*^%^$%$@@$%^^%**)^&$^##&%&$ @#%#$#@%$%#%##%


Tifa had been sitting on cloud's bed during this watching. What really caught her attention was Cloud being lifted several feet off the ground by a shinra soldier. She stood up and waited a little bit then she left the Strife house and headed to her house. As she passed a very angry shinra soldier she heard him mumble.


"Stupid little punk getting all smug with me…"

Tifa shook her head she knew cloud couldn't help but fight with people, but with a shinra soldier doing that was going to get him killed. She stepped into her house and watched cloud push the pile of titanium over to the oven.


"Cloud were you fighting with a shinra soldier?" she said sternly putting her hand on her slender hip.


"Maybe a little, he really wasn't listening to me and he called me a boy." Cloud said continuing to roll the titanium over to the oven with his foot.


"What did he want?" she asked curiously.


"To know how the titanium stuff was going." He answered honestly.


"And you said?" she asked fearing what he said to the soldier to make him so mad.


"What else, none existent. Then the man threatened me so we I have some work to do." Cloud said lighting a fire in the oven.


"You know fighting with them will get you killed, right?" she asked receiving no answer from cloud.


"Ok well then let's get to work." Tifa said with a smile glint of happiness in her voice.


"Let's as in you and me." Cloud said cautiously.


"Yeah titanium's different than other metal and besides if I keep busy then I don't have to think." Tifa said grabbing some tools.


"Good point" cloud said grabbing a piece of titanium.


"So what is so special about this stuff?" he asked throwing it to his other hand.


"Well it's stronger and doesn't heat as well so it takes a lot longer to heat and it doesn't get as hot." Tifa said sticking two bars in the now hot oven. Five hours and two semi complete blades later there was a knock on the door.


"I'll get that." Cloud said quickly walking to the door before there was any argument.


"Oh hello cloud" said the town headman. Craig T. Young or `the headman' as he was always referred to was a relatively old man. He was the headman of the town since well before cloud and Tifa were born. Craig had a smooth gray beard that reached down to the middle of his neck he also had matching silver hair that was cut short and combed to the sides. Usually he would wear a hat to cover his hair, but he was showing his condolences and keeping it off. Craig always wore a worn brown leather trench coat that covered his red vest and black pants.


"Good Evening Headman" cloud said holding the door open allowing him to come in.


"Goodness Cloud, you sure did a good job cleaning this house up." He said in a surprised yet solemn voice as he put his hat and trench coat on the rack.


"Please take a seat Mr. Young. I'll prepare some tea." Tifa said putting some water on the kettle.


"Oh no that's ok I don't think I'll be long. My condolences go to you Tifa. It truly was terrible what happened to your mother." The headman said as he sat in the chair.


"Yes it was." Said as her voice dropped several decibels.


"What brings you here headman, sir." Cloud said politely as he tried to sway him off of that subject.


"Oh well since Tifa's father had well…left she either has to stay at my house or at someone else's until her father returned.


"Ummm would it be fine if she stayed at my house with my mother and me." Cloud said with relative shyness in his voice.


"Oh yes that would be fine, but don't you only have two beds?" the headman said.


"I never really use mine." Cloud said lying


"Oh well ok if Tifa has no objections." He said looking Tifa's way. She just shrugged.


"Ok then that's all I needed to know. I trust you'll both be at the funeral in a couple days." The headman said putting on his trench coat and hat. They both nodded their heads and he left.


"Why did you say that?" Tifa asked inquiringly


"Because your father to take care of you. Plus did you really want to stay with him and his son." Cloud said smirking a little.


"…Now that I think of it. No not really." Tifa said thinking about it a little.


"You clean up I have to tell my mother that you'll be staying for a while." Cloud said starting towards the door.


"Hey wait where are you going to sleep?" Tifa asked him before he left the house.


"Hmmm…either the floor or over here I guess." Cloud said as he left and shut the door behind him.

A/N: well that was very boring wasn't it. Craig's one of my buddies too. Sorry I made you old man.