Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ My Immortal ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I don't own, I just borrow for my own twisted purposes.

Hey! Got this idea from The Tragic Prince (well, at least that's what he's using at the moment...) and ran with it. He mentioned how well the song My Immortal by Evanescence fits FFX-2, so I had to write it. Darn plotbunny just wouldn't go away. This takes place sorta during Eternal Calm, the bit between X and X-2, before Yuna sees the vidosphere. Contains spoilers for the end of FFX and Eternal Calm, so don't say I didn't warn you!

*****************************************

-I'm so tired of being here.-
-Suppressed by all my childhood fears.
-

Yuna could feel that something was wrong. She glanced over at Tidus, who stood staring down at his hands in barely concealed horror. She followed his gaze and gasped. She could see straight through his hands. She was rooted to the floor in shock, only able to shake her head in denial. "No . . ."

He looked at her sadly. "Yuna, I have to go. I'm . . . sorry I couldn't show you Zanarkand. . . . Goodbye."

The others were speaking, but she couldn't hear them. She shook off her paralysis and ran toward Tidus, expecting to be caught in his arms, but instead she went strait through his fading body and landed on the deck. She stood, unable to turn and face him. Her hands were shaking, her throat tight from holding back tears. "I love you."

Tidus wrapped his arms around her, but she couldn't feel them. He walked slowly through her, glancing back only once before turning away. He sprinted toward the open edge of the airship, and . . . .

. . . she woke with a start. Yuna looked around her dark room, still disoriented after the dream, her heart pounding in her ears. Another dream. She lay back against the pillows, trying to calm her racing heart. This wasn't the first night that she had dreamed of him . . . Tidus . . . . She never really stopped thinking about him, she had only stopped moping. Rikku had been worried about her. But, how could she not mourn? She had loved him - still did love him. Everywhere she went she felt his presence . . .

-And if you have to leave,- -I wish that you would just leave.-
-Cause your presence still lingers here,-
-and it won't leave me alone.
-

-These wounds won't seem to heal,-
-this pain is just too real,-
-there's just too much that time cannot erase.
-

She pushed herself out of bed and went to the window, staring out at the starry sky and the bright, full moon. It was still deep night, the sun wouldn't even think about rising for hours. She shook her head and closed her eyes. Sometimes she wished that it would go away, if he was gone for good then he should leave completely, instead of tormenting her with lingering feelings and dreams. So many times she had glanced up, thinking she saw him walking past a door, or down the street, only to see nothing. The wounds left by his passing had never healed, only scabbed over to be torn open again when she least expected.

-When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears,- -When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears.-
-I held your hand through all of these years.-

She smiled slightly as she remembered the confused, almost awkward boy she had first met. Tall, blond, with such strong muscles from playing blitzball. And those blue, blue eyes that she could just drown in . . . She snorted in amusement at her thoughts. `Get a grip girl, you're starting to sound like a trashy romance novel.' He had been so lost when they met. He hid it well, but he had no idea what to do in the new world he had found himself in. She had helped him through it, always being there for him. And somehow . . . .


-But you still have . . .-
-All of me.-


-You used to captivate me by your resonating mind,-
-Now I'm bound by the life you left behind.-
-Your face it haunts my once pleasant dreams-
-Your voice has chased away all the sanity in me.-

At first she had been fascinated by the stories he told her of Zanarkand, the living city he knew, not the aging ruin that it was now. She had been drawn to him. she hadn't known why, she just wanted him around. In the end she had asked him to come on her journey to defeat Sin and he became one of her guardians. And somehow . . . he had slowly become more. Now her every dream was haunted by him. Sometimes she felt like she was losing her mind.


-These wounds won't seem to heal,-
-this pain is just too real,-
-there's just too much that time cannot erase.-
-When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears,- -When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears.-
-I held your hand through all of these years.-
-But you still have . . .-
-All of me.
-


-I tried so hard to tell myself that you're gone.-
-But though you're still with me,-
-I've been alone all along.-

Yuna sat back down on the bed and drew her knees up to her chest, wrapping her arms around them. `Stop it, Yuna. He's gone. He . . . he's not coming back. Get over it already.' She sighed and fell back against the pillows. She had told herself that countless times over the last two years, and yet she was still unwilling to let go. He hadn't died, really. Just vanished before her eyes. She still refused to think that it could be more permanent than death . . . She pushed that thought away, and closed her eyes, willing herself to sleep. Maybe things would be better in the morning . . . .


-When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears,-

Rikku, grinning cheerfully as she held up a videosphere.


-When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears.-

A man trapped in a cage, pleading for release. It looked just like...


-I held your hand through all of these years.-

`A voice from the past...a voice that never left me...'


-But you still have . . .-

"I'll go."


-All of me.-

**Owari**

***************************************

Well? Did you like it? Tell me! Just click on that little button at the bottom and tell me how I did. Kay? Thanks. Ja ne.