Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ My Last Breath ❯ My Last Breath ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

My Last Breath

Hold on to me love,

You know I can't stay long

I was in Macalania Woods, Tidus holding on to me. I was afraid of losing him and I knew he was afraid of losing me.

All I wanted to say was I love you and

I'm not afraid, Can you hear me?

Can you feel me in your arms?

"Tidus, I love you and no matter what happens, I know you'll be by my side." I told him. "I love you, too…"he whispered. My arms were starting to feel numb and I had a strange feeling as if I was going to be whisked away.

Holding my last breath,

Safe inside myself

It became harder to breathe as I talked to Tidus. But I wouldn't let him know that. I didn't want him worried for me. Not when we were so close to defeating Sin.

Are all my thoughts of you,

Sweet raptured light,

It ends here tonight

The woods were spinning when I looked up at him again. By this time he must have noticed something was wrong. He caught me in his arms as I fainted.

I'll miss the winter,

A world of fragile thing,

In a strange way, the Macalania Woods had always looked like the perfect picture of winter to me. And winter was always a happy time in Spira. But it was also littered with bahambugs and intense emotions.

Look for me in the white forest,

Hiding in a hollow tree (Come find me)

Suddenly, I was somewhere deep within the woods. I didn't know where Tidus was but I could hear him breathing hard and screaming, "Yuna, wake up! Yuna!!" Then I saw him and he was still carrying my body. But if that was my body, then what was I? I looked down at myself and realized I could see right through me. "Tidus, I'm over here!" I tried to scream to him.

I know you hear me,

I can taste it in your tears

He stopped and looked back briefly. That's when I saw his face. It was tear-stained and he was sobbing. How could I just die and leave him to fight Sin? They needed me, he needed me.

Holding my last breath,

Safe inside myself

I remembered how just a few minutes ago, I was alive and talking to Tidus. How I told him I loved him. It just didn't make sense that I would die.

Are all my thoughts of you,

Sweet raptured light,

It ends here tonight

I couldn't believe I was dead. I just wanted to wake up and find myself safe in Tidus' arms. I began thinking of happier times in hopes of waking up.

Closing your eyes to disappear,

You pray your dreams will leave you here

It had been a couple of months maybe since I'd died and I watched as all of Spira mourned. The only times I saw Tidus were in his dreams. There'd be whispered `I-love-you's' and we'd hold each other until the morning came. Then he'd have to leave and I knew he wished he could fall asleep forever and be with me.

But still you wake and know the truth,

No one's there

Tidus awoke in his bed, a sad look on his face. I stood in the corner and just watched him. If only I could touch him, comfort him. He looked around the room as if searching for me and I wished there was some way I could let him know I was there.

Say goodnight,

Don't be afraid,

Calling me, Calling me as you fade into black

That night, it was the same as other nights we had spent together. But this night would be our last. I had to move on sometime and tonight would be it. "Good night, Tidus. I'll always love you…" I whisper as I begin fading. Soon, he was just a black shadow and I let loose a few tears.

I know in Tidus' room in the morning, he'll wake up and look around just like every other morning. But this time, I would not be there to see his face. He might even yell out, "Yuna!!" hoping I'll let him know in some way that I'm there. But I can't. I'm dead now and I can't come back.

Game: FFX

Date: 1-19-04

P.O.V.:Yuna

Song: `My Last Breath' by Evanescence