Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Old thoughts new feelings ❯ an opening ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
chapter 1


"Shut up already!" Squall said smacking a hand on the dashboard of his van.

The others in the van sat stock still. Squall turned back to look at the road wondering why he had agreed to go on this road trip.

See it's like this Cid decided that Squall really needed a vaction so he bought him a van and got Irvine, Selphie, Zell, Riona, and Quistis to come along. And of course since Riona was going Seifer had to come to.

Now they where miles off course and everyone was arguging, one more then others out of respect I will only give you his initals, Seifer Almasy. Of course after Squall's little out burst everything went quiet. Of course this was to good to last.

"Some mess you've gotten us into now Mr.leader," Seifer muttered under his breath.

"Shut up," Zell snapped "Can't you keep your big mouth shut five seconds."

"Look chickenwuss I know you like me and all but I don't lean that way," Seifer said with a laugh.

Zell snorted leaning against the window muttering something.

"What was that?" Seifer asked glaring at him.

Zell stopped his muttering. He didn't feel like getting into any fights this moment.

"That's what I thought," Seifer muttered.

"Would you please shut up?" the cowboy yelled from the back.

"Yeah, you are such a bummer," Selphie said from her place beside Irvine.

"Selphie and Irvine are right," Quisits said from her position between Zell and Seifer.

Riona leaned against the front passengers seat door with a yawn.

"Squally," she said glancing over at him, "I thought you said we where going to find a place to sleep. I'm really sleepy and sleeping in a car messes up my hair and-"

She was cut off by a rude comment by Irvine.

"Princess Riona has to have her hair perfect."

"That's mean," Selphie said hiting him in the shoulder with her fist.

"Would everyone be quiet?" Squall asked rathery sharply trying to see the road which he was having a hard time doing because it was night and it was starting to rain.

"Ew, this reminds me of a scary movie I saw one time," Selphie explained, "where this group of friends where out riding. They got lost and it started to rain. So they found this old house and this girl opened the door and she said her phone was down but they could stay the night. So she gave them the rooms they where going to sleep in and these two boys that where totall rivals had to stay in the same room together. They ended up-"

"STOP RIGHT THERE," Seifer and Squall cried at the same time.

"Don't put images like that into my head," Seifer ordered shaking a fist at her.

"Huh?" Selphie asked in that sweet inocent voice of hers. "I don't have any idea what your talking about."

"Crap," Squall muttered looking at the fuel gage, "We're almost out of gas."

"Yeah and any mintue when are going to come up on some creepy old house," Zell said in a smart ass tone sounding alot like Seifer.

Of course he unlike Seifer had a good reason for being edgy he hadn't had a hotdog in hours.

Almost on cue a large spooky house came into view. Zell wore a 'i can't beleive it look'. The others looked at Selphie as if she had caused it all.

"What?" She asked.

They turned away shaking their heads.

"Might as well get out and see if they can help us," Irvine said opening the door and climbing out.

Selphie followed behind him clinging to his arm. Squall turned off the van and got out slamming the door hard. Riona looked at him curiously as she got out closing the door behind her.

Once Seifer, Quistis, and Zell where out and everything was locked they started up to the house.

When they where all on the porch it regeristered quite quickly in their minds that this looked much like a haunted house would.

The porch board creaked and many of the upstairs windows where covered up, though faint patches of light shone through.

"Spooky," Selphie said in a small voice.

Riona and Quisits rolled their eyes.

"It's just a house," Riona said.

"Come on someone knock it's cold out here," Zell complained.

Five mintues passed. No one did anything.

"Come on someone knock, It's really cold out here," Zell glanced down at his shorts and short sleeve shirt then around at everyone else's long pants, coats, long sleeve shirts.

Seifer made alittle noise before taking off his trenchcoat and dropping it on Zell's shoulders.

"Happy?" Seifer asked crossing his arms over his chest.

Everyone looked at him surprised, mostly Zell.

"What?" he asked. "It looked like no one was going to knock and I sure as hell wasn't going to listen to his whinning all night."

"Whatever," Squall said knocking quite hard on the door,

"Hey if anyone is in there get a move on!" Seifer called out. "We're frezzing out here!"

The door opened to reveal a very pretty young woman.

"Sorry to keep you waiting," she said. "Can I help you with something?"

"Yes," Squall explained, "Our car ran out gas and we where wondering if we could use your phone."

"I'm afraid the power is out," the girl explained, "But you can spend the night if you wish."

"Thanks you so much," Quistis said with a nodd of her head.

"Then if you will follow me," the woman said turning and heading into the house.

The others exchanged glances before following her in. The inside of the house was not as bad off as the outside but did not banish the thought of it being haunted from their minds.

Spider webs hung in the cournor, dust covered much, and the only light came from candles. They guessed this was because of the power being out.

The woman closed the door behind them once everyone was inside.

"My name is Sevvea Trenton," the woman said with a bow of her head.

"I am Squall Leonheart," Squall explained, "and this is Rinoa Heartilly, Zell Dincht, Irvine Kinneas, Selphie Tilmitt, Quistis Trepe, and Seifer Almasy." Squall pointed to each one as he spoke thier name.

Seifer wasted no time he rushed forward and took Sevvea's hand in his and give it a slight kiss.

"So pleased to meet you," he sounded like a proper gentleman.

Sevvea laughed as she pulled her hand back.

"The same here," Sevvea turned her back to them. "Now if you will follow me I will show you to your rooms."

Sevvea started up the stairs and paused waiting for them. The group arrived and waited for her to point them to thier rooms.

"Couples are going to want to be together, correct?" she asked.

"Noway," Squall said with a wave of his hand, "If me and her sleep in the same room I wouldn't get any sleep. I can trust you with her right Zell?"

"No need to worry," Zell said nodding a bit.

"OK then," Sevvea said pointing to the first room on the left. "You, her, and the blonde, I'm sorry I forgot your name can take that room."

Quisits throw her hair a bit heading into the room followed by Riona and Zell.

"Uh you two," sevvea pointed to Irvine and Selphie, "can talk that room."

She pointed to the room next to Zell, Qisitis, and Riona's.

Seifer and Squall exchanged not to happy looks seeing that they where the only ones left.

"I'm sorry guys," she said seeing the spark of anger between them, "I only have room and theres only one bed."

Squall looked at her with a disbeliving look on his face.

"Well there is a couch in there but I doubt-" she began but Squall cut her off.

"I don't care," he exclaimed. "I'd rather sleep on a bed of nails then..then with that."

"Oh ok," she said a bit surprised and then pointed to a door father down the hall.

Squall headed to the room throwing the door open. He was half way across the room to the couch when he heard Seifer.

"Temper temper Lionheart."

Squall turned and looked at Seifer who was leaning against the door frame....seductively?.... Squall shock his head to clear the thought from his head as he countined to look at the way Seifer was standing.

The blonde stood leaning against the doorfrane slumping slightly, his ankles crossed, and a sly smile on his face.

"Didn't know you leaned that way," Seifer said with a laugh noticing Squall looking at him.

"Shut up," Squall said walking to the couch and laying down.

Seifer countined to laugh as he headed to the bed closing the door.

Something about Seifer's laugh caught him. It seemed to ring in his ears. It didn't sound like his normal cruel laugh. This laugh seemed soft and sweet like Selphie's.

What in the world is wrong with me? Squall wondered closing his eyes. I must be really tired.

The sound of Seifer's laugh stopped abruntly when a flash of lightening filled the room. Squall eyes shoot open when he heard the thunder that followed.

"Storms getting bad," Squall muttered glacning over at Seifer and burst out laughing.

Seifer with sitting on the bed with his legs pulled up to his chest shaking slightly his arms wrapped around his legs.

"Don't tell me your afraid of the storm," Squall said snickering a little bit.

"Stop laughing," Seifer snapped. "It's no funny."

Squall stopped laughing and shook his head disbeliving.

"Seifer Almasy scared of a storm," he said. "Never would have thought the great Almasy would be afraid of something like."

Squall despite his normal 'go talk to a wall' attitude couldn't keep a small off his face.

Another flash of light filled the room. This time Seifer made a little whimppering sound.

Woah, he really is scared Squall thought.

Squall sighed as he moved from the couch to the bed. He sat by Seifer's feet and placed a hand on Seifer's ankle. Seifer looked up a bit surprised to look into two pools of concern.

Is that concern in his eyes? Seifer wondered. Is it for me?

Seifer's thoughts where cut off when the door to the roo m opened and Zell walked in carrying Seifer's trenchcoat.

"Seifer I thought you'd want this back," Zell explained.

Zell's eyes fell on Seifer and Squall his eyes pausing on Squall's hand.

"Huh, I didn't mean to intrude," Zell said looking at his feet.

"Just put it on the couch," Squall instruckted nodding to the couch.

Zell walked over to the couch and dropped the trenchcoat on it. He turned and hurried out of the room closing the door behind him.

Seifer sighed laying out of the bed streching out causing Squall's hand to move futher up Seifer's leg which neither of them noticed.

Meanwhile down the hall Zell had just arrived at him, Quisits, and Riona's room.

He walked in leaving the door slightly ajar. He dropped on the bed, one of three, and started ahead a little out of it.

"Zell?" Quistis asked walking over. "You alright?"

"Yeah, yeah," Zell said shaking it off.

"So what did Seifer say?" Quisits asked placing her hands on her hips.

"Nothing," Zell explained, "Squall did all of the talking."

"What?" Riona asked a bit surprised walking over.

"I went in there and Seifer was sitting on his bed," Zell explained, "And Squall was sitting at his feet with a hand on his ankle. Plus they where looking into each others eyes. Spooked me out."

Riona and Quisits exchanged looks.

"What do you think it means?" Riona asked after a long silence.

"I don't know," Quistis addmitted with a sigh.

"When are not going to be able to figure out what it means if it means anything," Zell explained laying out on his bed, "So we might as well got to sleep."

The other two nodded in agreement.

Back in Seifer and Squall's room nothing much had changed. They both remained in the same position.

"Well," Squall began with a yawn looking away from Seifer, "I better get some sleep."

"Yeah..." Seifer muttered in kinda a dazed way.

Squall took his hand off Seifer leg and climbed off the bed. At the moment another flash of light lit up the room.

Seifer again let out a little whimper.

"Why are you so afraid?" Squall asked getting a bit annoyed.

"You mean you don't remember?" Seifer asked looking at him with surprise in his eyes.

Remember what? Squall wondered.

Seeing Squall didn't remember he began to tell the story :

"Well it was way back when we where kids at the orphange," Seifer began. "There was a really bad storm and you and Irvine locked me outside because I killed your teddy. By the time Matron found me I was hudled under a bush crying."

Squall sighed remembering that cold octobor night. Seifer had just ripped the head off his teddy bear so he and Irvine had arranged to lock him outside when Matron told them to come inside cause there was going to be a bad storm. Matron didn't notice Seifer was gone because she was trying to get Zell to come out from underneath the bed he was hidding under.

After ten mintues had gone by and she didn't hear Seifer complaining she saw he wasn't amoung them. She went out and braved the storm to find him. Squall had followed clinging to her dress. When they found Seifer he was under a bush crying. After that Seifer had been terrifed of storms.

"Sorry about that," Squall muttered. "We where kids and we didn't know any better."

Seifer curled up again this time against the headboard.

Man this guy is a mess, Squall thought shaking his head but then again I don't blame him.

Squall turned and was headed for the couch when he felt Seifer hand on his arm. Squall turned a bit surprised and looked at him.

"Uh Squall," Seifer said, "I know this is gonna sound weird but I was wondering if...well..if you would.."

"If I would sleep in the bed with you?" Squall asked.

"Well yeah," Seifer said looking away, "It's just I'm a bit scared and...after all you where with matron when she found me...so I thought.."

"It's not big deal," Squall said surprising Seifer and himself. "Just don't tell anyone."

"Don't worry," Seifer said a small smile on his face. "If someone found out we sleep in the same bed together it would ruin my reputation."

Seifer moved over to the left so Squall could lay down. Half an hour passed before Seifer feel asleep with Squall close behind.