Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Old thoughts new feelings ❯ the red dragon ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
"Come on," Squall said standing up and heading down the hall.

Seifer followed close behind wondering what Squall was up to.

Squall dove into a room that appeared to be a storage room. It wasn't as small as the one they had been in before. In fact It appear to be a offie. A desk was thrown in a corner. A chair was pulled up to it and a computer and phone were on it. Squall sat down at the desk and started going through it. Seifer stood by confussed.

"Don't worry," Squall explained. "I have a friend who works here. This is her office, just gotta pick up a couple of things."

He pulled out a set of keys, a pen, a sheet of paper, and a plastic card with 'The Red Dragon' printed on it along with some smaller print that Seifer couldn't make out from were he was standing.

"Its her pass to the club 'The Red Dragon'," Squall expained picking up the pen. "I just got to write a note to her telling her we borrowed her car and her pass and will be back soon."

He quickly scibbled the message on the paper and stood up. He stuffed the keys and card in his pockets.

Squall started walking to the door with Seifer close behind.

They walked out of the hospital and out into the parking lot. Squall walked up to a van and unlocked the drivers door and got in. He leanded over and unlocked and opened the passenger's front door for Seifer.

Seifer climbed in closing the door behind him. After they both had their setbelts on Squall started up the car and headed for the red dragon.

Neither spoke. Finally it was surprisly Squall that broke the silence.

"Seifer what are you going to do?" Squall asked.

"What do you mean?" Seifer questioned glancing at him.

"I know I told you you needed to get your mind off Fujin but," he paused taking in a deep breath, "I have to know what you are going to do."

"What is there to do?" the blond muttered looking away from Squall and out the window.

"Your not going to leave me are you?" Squall in a small weak voice.

Seifer looked at him a bit surprised. He had promised to stay true to squall and he always would. He always ment what he said, not matter what it was.

"Of course not Squall," he answered. "Why would I do that?"

"I don't know," Squall remarked with a shurgg.

"Squall," Seifer began, "I told you me and Fujin were only friend and that that was all we would ever be and I intend on holding to that promise."

"But she loves you," Squall pointed out.

"I know that's what she said," Seifer stated, "But I don't care. I don't love her so it means nothing to me."

He pause listening to his own words.

"No," he whispered, "That's not right."

"What's not right?" Squall asked.

"That it means nothing to me," Seifer answered. "Of course it matters to me. I just don't love her and when she wakes up I will explain it to her."

"Yes," Squall said in a small voice not really knowing what else to say.

Squall pulled up in the front of building with a sign on it that read 'the red dragon'.A statue of a large red dragon with big black eyes lay on top of the sign bearing its teeth.

Squall pulled the keys out of the car turning it off and got out. Seifer followed close behind.