Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Past Reflection ❯ Past Reflections ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

22 Nov 02

Title: Past Reflection

Author: Silvertoekee

Series: Final Fantasy Unlimited

Pairings: Shiroi Kumo/Kuroki Kaze

Warnings: Shiroi Kumo POV, angst, sap, shonen-ai, contains slight spoiler for end of the series.

I groaned softly as I felt agony flow throughout my entire body. It hurt to breathe and somehow I knew that I must have cracked a few ribs. Blinking my eyes dazedly I tried to focus them but to no avail. I could vaguely feel blood sliding from my temple and down my left cheek. Hissing softly I tried to get up but ended up collapsing back down again. A moan beneath me quickly caught my attention and I glanced to my right. Red hair shown dimly in the darkness and I could just make out the pale features. Blinking my eyes tiredly I knew it was Kuroki Kaze I was laying on top of and he appeared to be unconscious. I was thankful for this because I wouldn't have to fight him or more like try to. It felt like all of my magic and life energy had been sucked from my very bones after our fight with the Count. Putting my hands firmly to the ground I pushed myself up and somehow got into a sitting position. Gasping for breath I almost passed out again from the horrible pain of trying to move. Closing my eyes for a moment I waited for the pain to pass and I could breathe more easily.

"Shiroi Kumo."

Opening my green eyes in alarm at the whispered words I gazed back down at Kuroki Kaze and let out a relieved sigh. He was still unconscious and must be dreaming about me for some reason. Reaching one of my hands forward I hesitated before gently stroking back a lock of red hair. The man was my enemy and had been hunting me since forever. I wondered if he blamed me for the destruction of his home world or perhaps hunted me cause he had nothing else left. I couldn't really blame him for doing this since I was guilty for working as one of the Guardians of the Count.

Letting out a sigh I gazed out in the darkness and began to reflect on the past events in my life. After my last battle with Kuroki Kaze, when I had killed him I had began my hunt for the one who had destroyed my world. It had taken much time and planning but I had finally gotten information that the Count was the one. Working my way into the organization had been easy and hard at the same time. For one to prove my loyalty I had to help him conquer other Outer Worlds and destroy them. In doing that, those worlds would become apart of the Inner World and under the Count's control. At times it would sicken me and I would feel such horrible despair at my actions. I was unsure how I dealt with all of this but I somehow survived.

It wasn't until much later that I learned from the other Guardians Helga and Oscar that Kuroki Kaze was still alive. I wasn't too sure how I felt in that moment but something in me felt relief. As I began to fight Kuroki Kaze it somehow made me feel complete and not so tainted by the Count. It was as if all the evil deeds that I had done were burned away and I was whole once more.

Around this time the Count began to trust me more and I began to learn that he was somehow apart of Chaos and wanted Omega. By gaining Omega he would be the supreme Lord and conquer all the Outer Worlds. I had no choice but to help him collect the Omega pieces and yet secretly help Kuroki Kaze and his friends out. Every time they would get into some kind of trouble I would step in and give a helping hand. It was fun messing up the other Guardians plans and also getting to see Kuroki Kaze often. I didn't realize until much later that I was slowly falling under his spell. Every time I was around him I would feel happy and confused all at once. I was unsure on how to handle theses new emotions and decided to shove them to the side to be analyzed later.

Perhaps the Count or maybe Oscar liked playing with ones feelings because they did a number on mine by resurrecting my older brother. I was shocked to discover that he was alive and that he was battling Kuroki Kaze. Teleporting to the area of clouds in the Ocean Puzzle I noticed that a red mist covered the entire area. Glancing across the surroundings I noticed that Kuroki Kaze was encased in a red force field and my brother stood next to him. My eyes met his and for a moment everything stood still.

"Hello littler brother."

Tearing my eyes away from cold blue ones I gazed at my brother and looked at him sadly. He looked the same as the day he died and I felt pain clench my heart. My brother began to explain about our final days on our home world and that he had always felt the urge to compete against me. I was terribly shocked by all this and was unsure of what to say. It was an awful feeling to know that your brother wanted to fight you and just to prove who was better. When our battle began I tried to calm him down and to work things out but he would not listen. It wasn't until I shattered his sword that his spirit finally calmed down and felt remorse for his actions. Tears flowed down my face and I whispered his name as he vanished from my life again.

Standing up I gazed down and saw Kuroki Kaze looking up at me. For a moment I though I saw a flash of sympathy in his blue eyes and then it was gone. We gazed at each other for a time before he and the others vanished. I knew somehow that it was the Count's doing and vengeance filled my being. From that moment on I knew that I had to stop the Count and destroy him.

It wasn't until I later stood before the Count defending Kuroki Kaze and the others that I saw his true form and power. The Count drained every one of their powers and defeated us in one blow. When I came to later I was being held with the others in the Guadium laboratory and everything was being revealed. I noticed that the machine before us contained Omega crystals and that they were going to merge them together. I tried to stop the Count by flinging my sword towards the machine but it was stopped. Glaring at the Count I saw him smile cruelly before he flung my sword back at me. I gasped in agony when it pierced my stomach and went all the way through. Letting out a pained filled moan I collapsed and lost consciousness.

"Krukudu."

It wasn't until I heard someone's voice that I awoke on the cold hard floor. Blinking dazedly I glanced up and noticed that the puppet Krux was gazing down at me. Holding her small hands forward I glanced down and noticed that she had one of my mist bottles. I had thought that all of them were gone when Oscar had ordered her to throw them into Chaos along with Kuroki Kaze's soil. Letting out a relieved sigh I opened up my faceplate and thanked her. Sitting up was agony and it was much worse when I had to pull my own sword out. Blood poured down from my open wound and stained my white clothes. Staggering to my feet I gazed across the laboratory and noticed that the others were standing before the Count. Kuroki Kaze had such a look of determination in his eyes that I knew I had to help him once more. Gazing down at Klux I smiled down at her before flying into the air.

"Kuroki Kaze."

Everyone's attention zeroed in on me but I only looked into his cold blue eyes. I saw a flash of understanding and something else. Gazing back at my bottle I decided to try and figure that one out later.

"Let my soul be the mist. Let the performance began. Symphony of the White Clouds!"

The bottled absorbed my being and was cut into many pieces before my soul flew into the Count's body. It was agony beyond anything I had every felt before and it felt like he was absorbing me. He slowly transformed into one of my creatures and I fought for control.

"Kuroki Kaze hurry and fight me while I absorb the chaos before it's to late!"

I screamed at him in desperation because the Count was slowly winning against me. I could hear him laughing at me and telling me to give up. I would not though because if I did then all the Outer Worlds and everyone here would become slaves to the Count. I continued to fight and watched as the Moogle, the wolf girl and finally Kuroki Kaze became soil and sealed themselves in the gun. I felt such intense relief when the girl Lisa fired the gun and watched as it formed into Kuroki Kaze's summoned monster. I couldn't help thinking that this battle reminded me of our last one so long ago and I let myself be absorbed into the memory. Our magic impacted together and everything flared around us and went black. The last thing I remembered was whispering his name and hearing mine.

Smiling I glanced back down at Kuroki Kaze and noticed his blue eyes were slightly open. I watched as awareness filled his eyes and then he looked up at me.

"Where are we?" he asked me quietly.

"Not to sure. Perhaps somewhere in between maybe."

His blue eyes closed and one of his hands reached up and cupped my cheek. Leaning into his hand I sighed softly and closed my eyes.

"I take it that the Count is gone?"

"Ah, he is."

"Good."

We stayed like that for a few moments before Kuroki Kaze withdrew his hand and sat up. Opening my green eyes I gazed into his blue ones and noticed that they were no longer cold. I was startled when he pulled me into his arms and let out a slight hiss of pain.

"Are you okay?" he whispered in my ear.

"Yes it just still hurts from earlier."

"Hm. You know when we get out of here, I might have to start fighting you again?"

I heard the slight teasing in his voice but didn't take him to seriously. After all we had killed the one who had destroyed our home worlds.

"Well if that's what you want to do, then okay."

I felt him chuckle quietly, before he hugged me closer. Resting my head on his shoulder I closed my eyes once again and for the first time I felt the pain fade away. I was unsure if we would ever escape where we were at or what could happen next. But maybe just maybe it didn't really matter.

*