Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Perfection ❯ Deception ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Authors Note; Well. I finally decided to write this. This is MY version of how I think Rufus ends up the way he ends up. My own very twisted odd way. Please don't say I'm wrong, for I am only stating what my mind was thinking. This will be a three or four chapter fanfic. For I don't feel like having a really really long one. xD

I think I should mention this. In my fanfics, I portray Shin-Ra very differently then he is in the game. He's not so fat in my fics, and will probably be along the lines of being big, but it's muscle. Very much like the King Pin, but thinner. xD If you don't like it, don't read my fics.

Disclaimer; Nothing in this fanfic is mine. FF7 belongs to it's rightful owner, as do all the characters. I merely put them here because of my boredom.
______________

It seemed like forever until morning. Finally. A sigh of relief from the blonde who laid in the unknown bed. A twist of his body, and the red velvet sheets twisted with his lean body. A nightstand was next to the bed. Along with a bottle and needle. A sigh of depression escaped his lips as he hadn't gotten any sleep. And the burden of his 'job' was getting to him. Even though his father was President of Shin-Ra inc, he was helping his father a lot. Not as much time as he wanted with his old man. But he couldn't refuse. If he did, it'd be forced upon him. And what his father would do afterwards with him. Was too disgusting for words. Sitting up, a headache pushed it's way into his brain. It felt like a hangover, but he hadn't touched an ounce of alcohol. It had been the drugs that was taken the night before. To get that ultimate high. A guy laid next to the nineteen year old boy. A gay friend of his. They had done somethings last night. Hell, he couldn't remember the details. All he knew was it was wild. For the scratches on his arms and chest. And a hicky on his neck. Shit. If my father finds out, I'm dead. Was almost he only thing running through his head. Tonight had been one of the nights he was free to do what he wanted.

A nude body slithered out of the bed. It was easy, for the velvet to slide right off. A light thud on the ground. A look to see if his partner that was in the bed also had woken. No. It was still safe. His life was split in two. One, he was Rufus Shin-Ra. Son of President Shin-Ra. Two, was just another guy in the slums of Midgar. The best place to do the drugs. His addiction hadn't started recently. It was actually two years ago. Not stress that caused it, but pure curiousity. But soon he found that the addiction ran too high. Soon he found himself unable to go a few weeks without the substances running through his body. No one, at least he knew of, knew about his double life. And actually, none of his so-called friends knew he was the son of Shin-Ra. Never giving out his real name. He had multiple alias' under many names. Never using the same alias more then two weeks. Some of them actually got in trouble with the law. Causing him to switch up his names.

But one thing that didn't change, was where he did the drugs. Head spinning at the moment, Rufus was crouched on the floor. Shaking his head lightly, he slowly stood up. His whole body seemed pure. In the dark lighting though, you couldn't see the puncture holes in his left arm. Now, there not very noticable, but if you would look at it closely, you could see them. Standing fully, Rufus swiftly picked up and put on his clothes he wore. They weren't his normal white ones, no. That would give it away who he was. Instead he wore a SOLDIER uniform. Since he had seen some SOLDIERS down in the slums. With the wig and disguise on now, he slipped out of the room. Careful not to wake the person sleeping in the bed.

Out of the motel, he breathed in deeply. The effects of the drugs last night finally coming to an end. Now as long as my father doesn't 'test' me. I'll be fine. Rufus thought as he walked with in his uniform. Going by the name of Gia Minuil, he would never be rocognized. Though, he sighed. It was terrible what his father was doing to this place. It had the potential to be beautiful. But no. All Shin-Ra cared about was the money he made. Oh well, nothing to really be done there. Walking on the streets, Rufus saw how bad people had it. Though, he didn't feel bad for being the spoiled brat he seemed to be. Because on the inside, at least he himself knew that he wasn't one. Being and seeming to be is two different things. Though, now, he saw why so many people in Midgar complained and tried to take Shin-Ra down. Nothing to do except trudge forward. Rufus seemed to ironicly trudge to the Headquarters. It wasn't that he was tired, more of the fact he went through the same shit almost everyday.

* * *

Identification: Rufus Shin-Ra
"It's pleased to have you back Mr. Shin-Ra."

The electronic voice from the wall said. The door slid open to the elevator. Metal doors closed, and the platform begun to move upwards. Glass doors looking out to Midgar. Such a disgusting yet pretty town. His mind almost wondered out, to thinking of the parties and drugs that were involved with his life. And how much his father really didn't know about him. No one knew much about his second life. But then again, it was something he didn't want anyone to know. Sometimes he wishd he didn't have to do this double life. Though, Rufus didn't see an end to it. He was addicted now, and he was terrified of what his father would do if he was caught. It's why he did the drugs down in the slums. No one knew who he was when he was under an alias. And he could control who he talked to, and who he saw. Such a better controlled environment.

Though- Not all the time.

Bing.

He was at the fiftieth floor. His fathers work office. Here we go again. The two metal doors opened and Rufus stepped out. His usual outfit seemed to glare at the somewhat dark areas of this floor. They were white, but Rufus' jackets outshined them all. Keeping all his clothes well kept. Wearing two jackets most of the time. It was just his fashion. Though, wearing his longer trench coat was in form of not showing his arm to people. The other, shorter, jacket was just there for no reason at all really. Sighing a bit, Rufus walked to where his Father's desk was. He was doing paperwork for something. Rufus looked at his working father, and almost felt like he shouldn't disturb him. But, he would have to. For the sake of being left alone... But that was never a gaurentee.

".... Fa-... President." Rufus had quickly corrected himself. He knew that his father disliked it when he called him that. In the back of his head, that day passed throug his head. "You will refer to me as 'President' while were in public. And if I dare catch you say Father to me, then you'll regret it." Rufus looked to his father with confidence though. He still hadn't gotten used to calling his own father 'President'. But he'd have to if he wanted most of the tension to go away. At least, that's what Rufus believed. Unlike most things, the tension between father and son never left. What Shin-Ra did, was just inhuman to Rufus sometimes.

"Your late." Was all that he said. His tone was cold and harsh like most times. By his tone you could tell he was aggrovated.

"Is there something going on in Midgar?"

"Yes. And it's not my doing. Someone is moving around in Midgar, and not to my advantage. It looks like they know quite a lot of our dealings." Shin-Ra put down the pen and stared at his son. Intwining his fingers together and resting his chin on his knuckles. "I believe you've been to town recently?"

Rufus flushed white. Does he.... know? No. It couldn't be. Rufus then nodded. Remembering the last few days. He had gone down there in disguise, not one of his druggie alias'. But as an undercover. Rufus had been sent out, as to not alert the TURKS. That was the last thing Shin-Ra wanted. Was to get them involved. By all means, Rude already knew probably. "Yes. I have..." Rufus answered confidently, yet carefully. Shin-Ra stood up and walked around his desk. Looking to the bodymen around, they weren't paying real close attention. And with a swift grasp, Shin-Ra had Rufus by the hair. Though, disguising it as if they were hugging.

"Something is going on. And I don't mean about what's laying on my desk." Shin-Ra pulled Rufus' hair tightly. "If I find out what your doing behind my back, you'll be a dead man." Letting go, Rufus ritted his teeth. He couldn't yelp or groan. He was completely silent. Like the good dog he was for his twisted father. Though, Shin-Ra didn't sit back down. Shin-Ra dismissed the guards. Rufus closed his eyes.

Darkness engulfed his thoughts.